Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Originally Posted by presequel

whats the benefit of trapping souls? ive never even tried doing that....and im about to start that azuras star quest.

From my understanding, the more powerful souls you trap (Grand, Black, Petty, etc.), the more charges your weapon gets if you were to indeed use an enchantment that needs Charges.  Fortify Enchantments are also stronger if you use a stronger soul.
Once your weapon loses its charges, I think you have to re-enchant the weapon.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

whats the benefit of trapping souls? ive never even tried doing that....and im about to start that azuras star quest.

From my understanding, the more powerful souls you trap (Grand, Black, Petty, etc.), the more charges your weapon gets if you were to indeed use an enchantment that needs Charges.  Fortify Enchantments are also stronger if you use a stronger soul.

You ever tried to trap a dragon soul?

Originally Posted by PRIME

Well, if you think about it, you automatically do that. You can only use dragon souls to unlock shouts.
Humanoid souls are the strongest I heard.

nah i still havent gotten to 100 enchant

i was being arrogant and didnt want to waste the extra time enchanting the daggers before selling them

now i dont feel like forging 100 daggers just to enchant them...lmao and i dont wanna enchant my armors until i can do stronger enchants

i wanna start over, but then i remember how much grinding i did to get to level 50

LMAO

but yeah, i got a 104 dmg daedric sword with double damage 1 handed perk, and it sucks a soul if target dies within 9 seconds

usually i dont have enough grand souls to trap all the human enemies

i use a staff once just to charge it to empty the black star then kill the guy to fill it back up again LMAO

Well, if you think about it, you automatically do that. You can only use dragon souls to unlock shouts.
I meant to enchant with, but you still answered my question with that response. 
laugh.gif

Oh, and Ebony Mail + Nightingale hood + Deadric swords = 
pimp.gif

How do you guys increase the damage on your weapons?

I meant to enchant with, but you still answered my question with that response. 
laugh.gif

Oh, and Ebony Mail + Nightingale hood + Deadric swords = 
pimp.gif

How do you guys increase the damage on your weapons?

1. Get Smithing up to 100 (ideally)
2. Get Enchantment to 100 (ideally)

3. Enchant a ring with Smithing.  Drink a Potion of Smithing. Activate the Warrior Stone.

4. Go to stone wheel at any Smithing Shop and upgrade said weapon.

nah you just empty the soul crystal you use to charge the weapon

enchanting destroys the crystal

for example

say i want to do a dagger that sucks health and gives it to me

i'd enchant the dagger, depending on how large the soul gem was it would affect the AMOUNT of times the enchantment can be used before needing to refill....(on armor enchants it affects the strength of the enchant, on weapons its a number you can change which also changes the amounts of charges, for example to do 1 damage on my sword, i can get 1100 uses out of it, but to do 20 damage on the sword, itll only give me 40 uses before a recharge)

now, once i use the enchanted weapon and it runs out, itll say there is no charge left

thats when i usually use my larger soul gems because i have the black star, which traps large soul....

so technically, yes, shady, i never run out of soul charges, i actually stored all my soul gems except the star and grand...no use for petty souls LMAO

I still enjoy this game. I'm clocked in at 37 hours right now. I'm too occupied with the side quests then doing the main quests.

im well over 100 hours...i was well over 100 hours 2 weeks ago, i havent played at all, really, the past couple weeks. level 50.

How do you get to that many hours? I've finish the main quest and all the major storylines (Companions, Dark Brotherhood, etc) at 55 hours and I'm only at level 24
laugh.gif
. I skipped a bunch of the miscellaneous ones though because they seemed like complete nonsense. "Kill a bear in a cave and get some gold" Still trying to figure out if there's bigger stuff I missed

eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
so pumped, I just had one of those third person critical hit cutscenes with a dragon. This will probably be one of my fav moments along with

Spoiler [+]
1.Getting put in jail at Markath and then breaking out with the forsworn rioting the city
2.Blacking out after the drinking contest with Sam and then doing skyrim's version of the Hangover

I just got this game on monday so im not close to finishing it.

To make a beast weapon you have to find the smithing enchantment.

1. Enchant a smithing necklace, ring, top, and hat.
2. Create a smithing potion.
3. Drink smithing potion while you are wearing your smith gear.
4. Create your weapon.
5. Enchant a ring, necklace, gauntlet, etc in one-hand, two-hand, bow.
*Note you can further increase it by making alchemy gear and making a stronger potion.
I just remade my daedric bow and with all my gear it's like 300 base damage plus 3x if sneaking.

Did that little potion trick on youtube to get super power weapons/armor. Didnt go overboard making crazy damage weapons but I do got some dedric boots that let me carry like 30k weight
pimp.gif
. Dont gotta worry about that anymore lol.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Did that little potion trick on youtube to get super power weapons/armor. Didnt go overboard making crazy damage weapons but I do got some dedric boots that let me carry like 30k weight
pimp.gif
. Dont gotta worry about that anymore lol.

link to the video?

nah no trolling
laugh.gif
. Here's a pic showing it and a link on how to do it. I don't know how to embed but whatever.

And the link:

No problem. You can do that and make smithing potions and the weapons are crazy strong but it's game breaking. You won't even enjoy the game once you can one hit kill everything on master. I'd definitely say go ahead and fortify that carry weight though, I was always going over weight and sitting there forever trying to decide what to drop
laugh.gif

this game is dope, but yeah theres too many bugs...i seen a mammoth then i got a little closer and a other mammoth dropped from the sky
laugh.gif

Probably answered already but to the people that completed the game already, if you beat the main storyline can you continue to play? Thinking about just banging out the main story quests and then do the side stuff, running around leveling up and exploring after. Want to make sure I wont get cut off and it just ends after that final quest though
laugh.gif

Skyrim is dope but the down side is you have to have at least a free hour or more to get anything accomplished in this game. The reason I stopped playing it...everything takes forever...lol. I recommend it though just make sure you have the time to devote to it or it will sit on the shelf like mine...

Originally Posted by jetsetr

Skyrim is dope but the down side is you have to have at least a free hour or more to get anything accomplished in this game. The reason I stopped playing it...everything takes forever...lol. I recommend it though just make sure you have the time to devote to it or it will sit on the shelf like mine...
That's why the save at any time option is dope though. Don't got much time you can at least start a quest and kill a few things then save and do what you gotta do.

I played hard for like 3 weeks straight and havn't touched it since. i have to get back into it.

I stopped playing it for like 4 weeks. I plan to play it on the PC with mods now. Gotta download that Caliente's Female Body Big Bottom Edition mod
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom