ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

thanks for the updates and links TBONE, here i thought you were a Obama hater.

Welcome.

I just try to give everyone the news about the political world & updated poll information, etc.... since I know a good % of NT'ersprobably aren't totally up on the very latest. Therefore, in my reporting I try not to favor any person or party.

The thought of Obama becoming president is just so exhilarating. What an absolute contrast! Bush--->Obama. Like ohh my God, just incredible. This man has meexcited about the future of this country (if that is even possible).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what kind of a presidential candidate have that kind of pastor as an advisor? thats why i wont vote for obama.

Originally Posted by rocboys

what kind of a presidential candidate have that kind of pastor as an advisor? thats why i wont vote for obama.
I guess you'll never vote republican either or for hillary when she bends over for the religious vote.

Originally Posted by rocboys

The smartest thing I've ever seen you write on NT.... I didn't know you were capable of such an intelligent comment
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NYT SUNDAY: Superdelegates'growing increasingly concerned'...
capt.2caaf1331bdc4799a13bdaf8f0dc0e39.primary_scramble_nyol980.jpg

DNCNIGHTMARE: THREATS FROM DONOR$ AS DELEGATE DISPUTE GROWS...

Something happened to the feel-good race...

Cuomo Says Close DemocraticRace Could Be 'Ruinous'...

Pelosi's Stance Boosts Obama: 'It's a delegaterace'...

I'm white, not liberal, and I think some of what that pastor said wasn't wrong at all.
For the majority of US history black people have been treated like second class citizens.

Only lately has it gotten substantially better. This really isn't an opinion either.
That's just what happened. The fact is many Americans (lately) believe that being patriotic means that one can never criticize their country or governmentand that one can't admit that things may be wrong.
These are the same people who make abortion and gay marriage major domestic issues. What are you going to do.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I'm white, not liberal, and I think some of what that pastor said wasn't wrong at all.
For the majority of US history black people have been treated like second class citizens.

Only lately has it gotten substantially better. This really isn't an opinion either.
That's just what happened. The fact is many Americans (lately) believe that being patriotic means that one can never criticize their country or government and that one can't admit that things may be wrong.
These are the same people who make abortion and gay marriage major domestic issues. What are you going to do.
ohwell.gif

I really dont know anything about you, but I really respect you. Thank you for being who you are and saying what you did.

^ He pretty much called out the media for playing the race card through this election, and challenged them to just call the election by the issues and not howmany % of black people or white people are voting for who. He laid some shots at cnn, who was covering it, saying the best news team in the word once i think,which is one of cnn's slogans. He also said everyone is racist deep down because it has been passed down through society. Also how you shouldnt have totake something away from someone to get ahead, but help build everyone up together. Just watch the speech.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

school me on the impact of that Obama speech...

i hear it's a King/Kennedy-like speech

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.....

ok
The speech he delivered at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia was an artfully reasoned treatise on race and rancor in America, the most memorable speech delivered by any candidate in this campaign and one that has earned Obama comparisons to Lincoln, Kennedy and King.
TIME Magazine

It was a moving moment in American history to hear a man who could be president dissect the rancorous matter of race with such candor, and it called to mind other piercing addresses by the likes of FDR, Kennedy and King.

The Chicago Sun-Times

When we think of words in politics or governance that had to be said, we think of the Gettysburg Address or Franklin Delano Roosevelt's admonition that all we had to fear was "fear itself." And now we think of Obama's speech on race - words that sorely needed saying.

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Inaugural addresses by Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt come to mind, as does John F. Kennedy's 1960 speech on religion, with its enduring vision of the separation between church and state. Senator Barack Obama, who has not faced such tests of character this year, faced one on Tuesday. It is hard to imagine how he could have handled it better.

New York Times

It was possibly the most important major speech on race in America since Dr. King died, and it probably saved Mr. Obama's candidacy.

Dallas Morning News

...i'll stop there

laugh.gif
@ that

^^ Head-to-head polls like that Rasmussen one don't mean anything until the Democratic Party figures out who its nominee is going to be. Right now many ofthe Democratic voters are solidly behind one candidate but not the other, and its very possible that some of the party voters would say they're only goingto vote for the candidate that they're behind right now. But my guess is that once there's a nominee all the Democratic voters will unify behind thatcandidate and McCain probably won't have a shot. In fact, it would be pretty sad for Republicans if John McCain were trailing in polls when the Democraticparty is split between two candidates right now!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.....

ok
The speech he delivered at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia was an artfully reasoned treatise on race and rancor in America, the most memorable speech delivered by any candidate in this campaign and one that has earned Obama comparisons to Lincoln, Kennedy and King.
TIME Magazine

It was a moving moment in American history to hear a man who could be president dissect the rancorous matter of race with such candor, and it called to mind other piercing addresses by the likes of FDR, Kennedy and King.

The Chicago Sun-Times

When we think of words in politics or governance that had to be said, we think of the Gettysburg Address or Franklin Delano Roosevelt's admonition that all we had to fear was "fear itself." And now we think of Obama's speech on race - words that sorely needed saying.

Inaugural addresses by Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt come to mind, as does John F. Kennedy's 1960 speech on religion, with its enduring vision of the separation between church and state. Senator Barack Obama, who has not faced such tests of character this year, faced one on Tuesday. It is hard to imagine how he could have handled it better.

New York Times

It was possibly the most important major speech on race in America since Dr. King died, and it probably saved Mr. Obama's candidacy.

Dallas Morning News

...i'll stop there

laugh.gif
@ that

And how many of those are liberal newspapers......

ok

Yeah it was a good speech but come on, look at what you/they are comparing it to....

"I'll stop there"

Originally Posted by DocPeppers

^^ Head-to-head polls like that Rasmussen one don't mean anything until the Democratic Party figures out who its nominee is going to be. Right now many of the Democratic voters are solidly behind one candidate but not the other, and its very possible that some of the party voters would say they're only going to vote for the candidate that they're behind right now. But my guess is that once there's a nominee all the Democratic voters will unify behind that candidate and McCain probably won't have a shot. In fact, it would be pretty sad for Republicans if John McCain were trailing in polls when the Democratic party is split between two candidates right now!
What are you talking about????

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

So lets say someone wanted Obama but NOT Clinton (thats like 90% chance they are liberal, or moderate/liberal).....

they'd vote for MCCAIN instead of Clinton???

If they are they don't know much about politics because Obama + Clinton are WAYYYY different then McCain

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.....

ok
TIME Magazine

The Chicago Sun-Times

New York Times

Dallas Morning News

...i'll stop there

laugh.gif
@ that

ok

Yeah it was a good speech but come on, look at what you/they are comparing it to....

"I'll stop there"

i wasn't asking who were those that said it or why it was said...ijust said i heard it *shrugs*

never said i agreed with it

and...i'll actually stop here because you know more about this subject than I do and get a pass because you're a fellow Yankees fan
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.....

ok
TIME Magazine

The Chicago Sun-Times

New York Times

Dallas Morning News

...i'll stop there

laugh.gif
@ that

ok

"I'll stop there"

i wasn't asking who were those that said it or why it was said...i just said i heard it *shrugs*

never said i agreed with it

and...i'll actually stop here because you know more about this subject than I do and get a pass because you're a fellow Yankees fan
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Its cool.... I don't take other peopleopinions TOO seriously... we all have differing opinions right?
But we all Americans & thats all that matters
happy.gif

And yeah... GO YANKEES! Less then 2 weeks
happy.gif

Originally Posted by DocPeppers

^^ Head-to-head polls like that Rasmussen one don't mean anything until the Democratic Party figures out who its nominee is going to be. Right now many of the Democratic voters are solidly behind one candidate but not the other, and its very possible that some of the party voters would say they're only going to vote for the candidate that they're behind right now. But my guess is that once there's a nominee all the Democratic voters will unify behind that candidate and McCain probably won't have a shot. In fact, it would be pretty sad for Republicans if John McCain were trailing in polls when the Democratic party is split between two candidates right now!
What are you talking about????

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

So lets say someone wanted Obama but NOT Clinton (thats like 90% chance they are liberal, or moderate/liberal).....

they'd vote for MCCAIN instead of Clinton???

If they are they don't know much about politics because Obama + Clinton are WAYYYY different then McCain

I guess I wasn't clear. If you look at the poll numbers you'll see that they don't add up to 100% which means some people surveyed wereundecided. I'm willing to bet almost of those are the Democratic voters that I referred to because Republicans already have their candidate. I didn'tmean to imply that some Obama/Clinton voters would be supporting McCain instead of the other Democratic candidate. Once a Democratic nominee is picked thepolls will get closer to 50-50.

Back
Top Bottom