Emerald Griffey Max I's For the Summer! (EDIT Pic Up)

Originally Posted by NeverSellThem

Meh, would much rather have the white midsole but I just might settle. 
eyes.gif
this

eyes.gif
It's a tough call.  As stated numerous times in this thread, I'm all for the white midsole, but at the same time everyone (including myself) have been pushing for Nike to release retros in their OG colorways (like the infrared SCII).  We can't have it both ways.  So, if Nike did release these with the white midsole (remember, white midsole was a PE), I'm sure there would be individuals who would be upset that they didn't stick with the OG GR.  Ultimately, the OG GR was probably the right way to go.  

eyes.gif
It's a tough call.  As stated numerous times in this thread, I'm all for the white midsole, but at the same time everyone (including myself) have been pushing for Nike to release retros in their OG colorways (like the infrared SCII).  We can't have it both ways.  So, if Nike did release these with the white midsole (remember, white midsole was a PE), I'm sure there would be individuals who would be upset that they didn't stick with the OG GR.  Ultimately, the OG GR was probably the right way to go.  

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eyes.gif
So, if Nike did release these with the white midsole (remember, white midsole was a PE), I'm sure there would be individuals who would be upset that they didn't stick with the OG GR.  Ultimately, the OG GR was probably the right way to go.  
Yeah I was wrestling with these same thoughts. Love the PE, but you ultimately have to go with something as close to the OG GR as possible, and the freshwater rather than red swoosh is definitely not a deal breaker. I'm just happy they wised up and added the true to OG white midsole accents.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eyes.gif
So, if Nike did release these with the white midsole (remember, white midsole was a PE), I'm sure there would be individuals who would be upset that they didn't stick with the OG GR.  Ultimately, the OG GR was probably the right way to go.  
Yeah I was wrestling with these same thoughts. Love the PE, but you ultimately have to go with something as close to the OG GR as possible, and the freshwater rather than red swoosh is definitely not a deal breaker. I'm just happy they wised up and added the true to OG white midsole accents.

^ I think the white accents were always planned/in the mix. Those early catalog/sample pics were just that... samples. It wouldn't have been the first time we've seen sample pics that were different from the final product.

^ I think the white accents were always planned/in the mix. Those early catalog/sample pics were just that... samples. It wouldn't have been the first time we've seen sample pics that were different from the final product.

Originally Posted by Trydan

Originally Posted by icopjordans82

2nklv1h.jpg

Well, close enough I guess- no red on the back, and some on the front but cant tell how much is there. Also, looks like the emerald colored synth leather looks to be as rough as the black is? It was the smoother kind on the og's. Ill take two anyhow, since were pretty lucky to get this colorway at all really. Whenver nike gets around to releasing these that is. 

Basing off this pic, I think the leather's normal/smooth. Just looks really textured in that first pic for some reason. I can't imagine it will be much different material-wise from the other colorways.
SinnerP - agreed, I'm not complaining with the cw.

Thanks for posting the pics icop 
wink.gif

2nklv1h.jpg

Well, close enough I guess- no red on the back, and some on the front but cant tell how much is there. Also, looks like the emerald colored synth leather looks to be as rough as the black is? It was the smoother kind on the og's. Ill take two anyhow, since were pretty lucky to get this colorway at all really. Whenver nike gets around to releasing these that is. 

Basing off this pic, I think the leather's normal/smooth. Just looks really textured in that first pic for some reason. I can't imagine it will be much different material-wise from the other colorways.
SinnerP - agreed, I'm not complaining with the cw.

Thanks for posting the pics icop 
wink.gif

New pics....and imo to me its always been agm1 > agm2.....never really like the 2's

20tozmd.jpg

2qcjaxc.jpg

2nklv1h.jpg

30mq2vs.jpg

26e3634f15ea9e0e60e33fd8f30bcdb9a5a5d222_r.gif

0ef3655014d7901e617e351ffa79c320ff94c340_r.gif

New pics....and imo to me its always been agm1 > agm2.....never really like the 2's

20tozmd.jpg

2qcjaxc.jpg

2nklv1h.jpg

30mq2vs.jpg

26e3634f15ea9e0e60e33fd8f30bcdb9a5a5d222_r.gif

0ef3655014d7901e617e351ffa79c320ff94c340_r.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

That initial release ain't gonna last 2 weeks in DC/PG area.

laugh.gif

This may be first one I double up on...

More like 2 days...I may have to get these before release date so I can stunt them bad boys like I did with the first colorway.
devil.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

That initial release ain't gonna last 2 weeks in DC/PG area.

laugh.gif

This may be first one I double up on...

More like 2 days...I may have to get these before release date so I can stunt them bad boys like I did with the first colorway.
devil.gif
devil.gif

Oh my gahhhd. I just saw the new pics and I must say I might double up on these joints. NICCEEEEE *cues in fabolous voice*

Back
Top Bottom