Emerald Griffey Max I's For the Summer! (EDIT Pic Up)

Am I the only one feeling them with the white laces? I'll be scooping these on release day and leaving them exactly as is..

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Am I the only one feeling them with the white laces? I'll be scooping these on release day and leaving them exactly as is..

Exactly How I Feel... The White Laces Make Them Unique Compared To The Other Griffeys....

Exactly How I Feel... The White Laces Make Them Unique Compared To The Other Griffeys....

Originally Posted by Rod301

The black midsole with white accents along with the white swoosh on the upper complete this package for me. I'll cop them and literally not alter a THING.

Originally Posted by Rod301

The black midsole with white accents along with the white swoosh on the upper complete this package for me. I'll cop them and literally not alter a THING.

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

I need a white midsole and black laces.
pimp.gif

looks like I'm gonna have to buy some white paint
Prob be easier to buy sum Freshwaters and paint the white upper part Emerald. I thought about doin that until I got the glorious news of the release.

pimp.gif

Prob be easier to buy sum Freshwaters and paint the white upper part Emerald. I thought about doin that until I got the glorious news of the release.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

pimp.gif

Yep, I agree. I don't think a repainted midsole will last.  Repainting the upper in emerald should have better results.  The only tricky bit is coloring the black nubuck swoosh white.  

Originally Posted by L7OSER

pimp.gif

Yep, I agree. I don't think a repainted midsole will last.  Repainting the upper in emerald should have better results.  The only tricky bit is coloring the black nubuck swoosh white.  

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I have to say, I disagree. To be honest, the midsole paint quality on these retros is terrible anyway (as most of you probably know). They smudge incredibly easily, as in barely rub the shoes together and you've got a black streak on your white midsole. A quality custom paint job will be just as good as (if not better than) the factory.
I was in the process of preparing to customize a pair of freshwaters to emeralds a few months ago, when the first (seemingly credible) news of the emeralds retroing came out. Honestly, I'm glad they're releasing, as the freshwaters weren't ideal:

1) Mixing the exact emerald hue (and a lot of it) would be tedious.

2)To paint the uppers takes around 4 coats (at least on my orions), very time-consuming.

3)They wouldn't have the red accents like the emeralds 

4)Emerald upper with freshwater bubbles would be no bueno (IMO). White/off-white (but definitely non-volt 
tongue.gif
) bubbles are a must.

Again, just my opinion 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I have to say, I disagree. To be honest, the midsole paint quality on these retros is terrible anyway (as most of you probably know). They smudge incredibly easily, as in barely rub the shoes together and you've got a black streak on your white midsole. A quality custom paint job will be just as good as (if not better than) the factory.
I was in the process of preparing to customize a pair of freshwaters to emeralds a few months ago, when the first (seemingly credible) news of the emeralds retroing came out. Honestly, I'm glad they're releasing, as the freshwaters weren't ideal:

1) Mixing the exact emerald hue (and a lot of it) would be tedious.

2)To paint the uppers takes around 4 coats (at least on my orions), very time-consuming.

3)They wouldn't have the red accents like the emeralds 

4)Emerald upper with freshwater bubbles would be no bueno (IMO). White/off-white (but definitely non-volt 
tongue.gif
) bubbles are a must.

Again, just my opinion 
wink.gif

I think the mindset would be to transform the Freshwaters into the PE. Which had the white midsole, black hits and emerald bubble. I think I'm remembering that right.

I think the mindset would be to transform the Freshwaters into the PE. Which had the white midsole, black hits and emerald bubble. I think I'm remembering that right.

^ Agreed, and that's what I was meaning I originally had in mind as well. I just didn't like the idea of two different shades of "teal", one on the uppers, one in the bubbles. Because the bubbles on his P.E.'s matched the emerald uppers exactly, did they not? Or am I just tired and need to go to sleep 
laugh.gif
 All I know is freshwater isn't the same as emerald. At least, the colors of the bubbles on the freshwaters is not the color I'd mix for the uppers on some custom emeralds? Make sense? Probably not...
Because really neither would be exactly like the OG P.E.:  mismatched teal/emerald colors (if freshwaters were used), or white bubbles on a predominantly white midsole... (if emeralds were used)

^ Agreed, and that's what I was meaning I originally had in mind as well. I just didn't like the idea of two different shades of "teal", one on the uppers, one in the bubbles. Because the bubbles on his P.E.'s matched the emerald uppers exactly, did they not? Or am I just tired and need to go to sleep 
laugh.gif
 All I know is freshwater isn't the same as emerald. At least, the colors of the bubbles on the freshwaters is not the color I'd mix for the uppers on some custom emeralds? Make sense? Probably not...
Because really neither would be exactly like the OG P.E.:  mismatched teal/emerald colors (if freshwaters were used), or white bubbles on a predominantly white midsole... (if emeralds were used)

Back
Top Bottom