Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

great technology and concept. terrible prices and design... time to retro the classics! cement ivs, vi's etc...

when they (JB) see the sales numbers for Portland 6 Rings and Max Orange Retro 1s they will know its not the economy. If they want to lie to themselves goahead but we know the truth. I hope to see the 2009s at footlocker on that buy two pairs for 89.99 special.

Never thought I'd see the day where a 6ix Ring would outsell a signature Jordan, but in the words for Ricky Bobby...that did just happen...LOL Want proof,check out eastbay!

and if jb tries to justify the numbers on the recession i would think there would be a backlash from consumers because of the decision to price them at 190

I went to the mall today and happened to scope out the availability of these while I was there ... they are EVVVEERRYYYY WHERE ... It was laughable ...honestly ... Every shoe store had them on its main display ... couple even had employees standing outside of the door saying ... CHECK THESE OUT ... NO GOOD!

All I've seen since I've been reading this forum is you people hate on these shoes. Aren't you the same jokers who were jocking some purple Grimacefoam shoes? You don't like it, don't buy. It's hilarious to me reading how all of you hypebeasts hate these shoes, but will be all over them whenthey "hit the discount racks"... Which won't happen. They are good shoes and people are broke. Anyone who thinks the Eggplants are a betterlooking shoe than this ought to have their heads examined. I remember seeing a ton of Jordans come out that were poorly received (XI, XIII, XV) but now selljust fine when they are retroed.

Just saying, for people that "hate" these shoes so much, you sure do spend a lot of time jocking them. Just my opinion, now feel free to rip me with"noob" comments....For the record, I've been in this game quite some time, I just don't feel the need to pontificate on every move of themost successful signature shoe brand there ever was or will be.

^ you can't say check eastbay for proof, you have no idea how many of each pair they got. the only thing i think you can really knock JB for doing isreleasing a poor colorway first. think back on the 23's, how great would sales had been had they released the white/black/stealth colorway first? those arestill sitting on shelves. complaining about the $190 price tag makes no sense when the 23's were $185. it's 5 bucks. pass on the burger king for 1 dayand you're covered. the same people balking at that price are the same people with multiple foamposites sitting in their closet.

if u look at eastbay, footlocker.com and finishline EVEN NIKE.COM these joints ant moving, finally peeps have come to their senses

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....

cosign, it's up to retailers to make the $$$ then. JB already laughed to the bank.

btw when true blues do drop ppl will still buy even though the quality will be garbage

Originally Posted by solejordan

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....

cosign, it's up to retailers to make the $$$ then. JB already laughed to the bank.

btw when true blues do drop ppl will still buy even though the quality will be garbage

whats up with avy
nerd.gif

price is sky high and people will not bite at this time. The shoe looks pretty uninspired as well so that might have somethin to do with it.

I would not categorize this as an epic fail. The shoe only just released. You are comparing them to the 23, how about the 21 and 22? The 23 sold real wellbecause of it's significance being associated with MJ's number and it being the last in the numbered line. But there are some busts that JB has doneprior to this. Like I mentioned before the 15, 21, and 22. I do agree that it is overpriced but every single jordan that came out has been overpriced eversince the AJ IIs came out for 100 in a time when every other shoe was 50.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

While I won't defend the 2009 (I do like the shoe, but all GR colorways I have seen are HORRIBLE)...

Let's not get things twisted...

AJ 2009 isn't going to be a great seller...but, how did everything else with a Jumpman released this weekend sell?

Yeah...

JM
A JM sighting
eek.gif
smokin.gif

well i can't wait for the 2k9 in black/white but thats about it for 2009 unless they release all them og retros people keep talking about

Back
Top Bottom