ESPN 30 for 30: Run Ricky Run ... Tomorrow Night

Of all the documentaries thus far, I've looked forward to this one the most...

Ricky is THAT DUDE and I've always kinda been fascinated by him away from the football field... He's definitely a different breed kinda dude and I'm very interested to see how in-depth they go with his personal life and his time away from football...

Can't wait....these 30 for 30 documentaries have been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

Like u were saying, Ricky is a different type of dude. He's always been that way. I'm eager to see how they paint this picture when profiling his off-the-field exploits....yoga, social-anxiety, weed, photography, all his kids.....it's gonna be interesting.

1997williams_scott_350.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Best back I've seen @ the collegiate level.

I think its a little shallow how the media and everyone makes it like he retired JUST to smoke weed. He seems like a spiritual dude and I think he did a little soul searching in his time away from the game. dude was and I guess is an amazing specimen

either way the 30 for 30 docs. have been great. I'm def. gonna check this one out.

Definitely looking forward to this, I'm going to have to record it and watch it later though since I have finals.

They def didnt hype this one up as much as the rest but I still have high expectations.

Ricky was great in college man
smh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

phillipstreestrikes.jpg

but I got no issues w. folks who put Ricky up there as the best....
And he was a headcase too. LOL. My buddy works at the Twin Towers and said when LP was there, no one messed him. NO ONE.

2nd best I've seen....
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
phillipstreestrikes.jpg

laugh.gif
Lawrence Phillips, don't even think he was the best in Nebraska's history, but nice to see you are reppin a husker. I got to school at UNL, so I won't argue with you.

It's too bad the years didn't get matched up a little bit better like TD and Elway. 

I'da given anything to see Dan have a back like Ricky behind him and have to watch safeties choose between coming up and risking Dan beating them deep, or playing back and watching as that freight train Ricky came up on them in a hurry. 
smh.gif

Really, the negative publicity he's been receiving is a reflection of the celebrity-culture of America that's full of nothing but harm.

"When would it have been okay for me to stop playing football?"

We (as a society) just keep feeding into, and being fed from, the million-dollar slave narrative.

2nd best I've seen....
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
phillipstreestrikes.jpg

Yessir.  Too bad he was messed up in the head.  Last I heard, he was in jail.  That dude had so much talent, it's a damn shame.

Ricky would have been one of the best RB's ever if he didn't quit.

I always tell my friends he would have been better than LT

for those of you NTers that can't catch the first showing, its gonna be on at 11pm on ESPN2 after poker. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom