ESPN chooses their Top 10 Greatest Shooting Guards of all time

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I would take West, Maravich, and Iverson over Kobe.

Any day.

All day.

Every time you ask me.

Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had... playing with one of the league's top 5 centers ever for like 8 years ('96-'97 to '03-'04, right?) and one of the top 3 coaches of all time, and they would at LEAST do what Kobe has done; I think they would do better, though.
Preach!!!! To the dude sayin he would take kobe over mj 100 times out of 100
roll.gif
, u must be very young

I don't know about this overall list. It seems a bit tainted to the last 20 years. But hey, I'm only 20 so it's not like I have the answers. I justreally don't see Joe Dumars as being that high, but I never saw him in his prime so I don't really really know. The Joe Dumars I saw, was not the 10thbest shooting guard in league history though.

Classy Freshman:
eyes.gif
And who are you???

Well a lot of other decorated NBA sports writers think differently.

Good for them. But that's the beauty of 'difference'; we don't all have to share the same opinions of 'decorated NBA sportswriters'.
Classy Freshman:
And so do I.
eyes.gif
And who are you?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Classy Freshman:
eyes.gif
And who are you???

Well a lot of other decorated NBA sports writers think differently.

Good for them. But that's the beauty of 'difference'; we don't all have to share the same opinions of 'decorated NBA sports writers'.
Classy Freshman:
And so do I.
eyes.gif
And who are you?
He's Classy Freshman Ska. Says his name right there.
nerd.gif

Reggie Miller comin outta Westwood droppin treys all day
pimp.gif

I remember watching Clyde and he was awesome... but dont dare say hes above AI

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

BullsRepeat3Peat, They probably consider Sam Jones a PG

no I don't think so..... if you click on the link and go down to the voting chart you'll see his name under "Others receiving votes (points):"

Oh my bad didn't see that. I have seen him listed as a PG some other places tho.

How did DWade get more votes than Skywalker and Greer

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

I would take Kobe over MJ 100 times out of 100.

You opinion on anything has become invalid...wait it already was.

Anyways I think Pete at 8 is too low.

The list looks pretty solid. Of course you could switch a few things around.

But they definitley have 1, 2, and 3 right.

like others have said, i think i'd move west up one spot and drop kobe one.being named finals mvp on a losing team holds serious weight

Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had... playing with one of the league's top 5 centers ever for like 8 years ('96-'97 to '03-'04, right?) and one of the top 3 coaches of all time, and they would at LEAST do what Kobe has done; I think they would do better, though.
You could have just saved yourself some time and replied with, "I don't like Kobe"

^ man it's his opinion... I don't see how that makes him hate Kobe...... not everyone on NT is biased, unlike most...

How did DWade get more votes than Skywalker and Greer

I'm guessing it has something to do with him winning a chip two years back...

but you can look at either way though.. I know Greer knocked out Russell's Celtics in the playoffs and went on to win the title and averaged 19, 5, & 4for his career.... I'm guessing they're going by where they predict Wade will end up... I don't know too much about Walker though...

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

^ man it's his opinion... I don't see how that makes him hate Kobe...... not everyone on NT is biased, unlike most...
It has nothing to do with any bias...the statement he made CLEARLY suggests he doesn't like Kobe and that was the root of his comments. He'smade no secret in the past that he doesn't particularly care for him either so I'm not just making this up.

When you bring in the "If" logic in sports....all you're doing is attempting to discredit something/someone for your own personal reasons. Saying" Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had" is just an attempt to belittle all of Kobe's career accomplishments by making itseem as if he who he is today by "circumstance" and that you can plug in another individual into his shoes and get better results. Thinly veiled hateright there...nothing more.

Iverson is a poor one on one defender, never saw West or Maravich so I can't say much about them....

Read that West was a five time NBA all defensive team so he gets the nod there..

I'd have em in this order:

MJ
West
Kobe
Gervin
Iverson

But when it's all said and done, Kobe and AI both have an opportunity to move up a notch

lnMyMind:
You could have just saved yourself some time and replied with, "I don't like Kobe"

Well why would I say that if it's not true?

Kobe Bryant is a phenomenal player, and there is only one player in the league on his level: LeBron. If I'm building a franchise from the ground up, I takeLeBron. But if I need to win a game TODAY ad I'll die if I lose the game, I want Kobe on my team.

So it's not true that I don't like Kobe.

However, it is true that I would take Maravich, West, and Iverson over Kobe in a list like this.
BullsRepeat3Peat:
man it's his opinion... I don't see how that makes him hate Kobe...... not everyone on NT is biased, unlike most...
lnMyMind:
It has nothing to do with any bias...the statement he made CLEARLY suggests he doesn't like Kobe and that was the root of his comments. He's made no secret in the past that he doesn't particularly care for him either so I'm not just making this up.

When you bring in the "If" logic in sports....all you're doing is attempting to discredit something/someone for your own personal reasons. Saying " Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had" is just an attempt to belittle all of Kobe's career accomplishments by making it seem as if he who he is today by "circumstance" and that you can plug in another individual into his shoes and get better results. Thinly veiled hate right there...nothing more.

I wasn't trying to build an argument against Kobe; I was trying to build an argument FOR the guys I mentioned.
nerd.gif

And I have said in the past that Kobe isn't my favorite player, but I never said I hated him, and never said he sucked.
nerd.gif

I mean, I didn't say Kobe doesn't belong on the list, and I didn't say EVERYONE on the list is better than Kobe, like Reggie Miller. I left himalone. I simply named two legends and a current player (West, Maravich, and Iverson) that I would personally name over Kobe.

And there's nothing wrong with that at all; that's not hating on your boy at all.

At any rate, you could have saved yourself a little time by simply saying 'I super, a lot, way like Kobe, so don't talk bad about him like you justdid.'
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom