European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

I got nothing new to add, but I just wanted to say that this was one of my favorite celebrations ever:

_311270_fowler300.jpg

Sergio Ramos seems like the should be a midfielder instead. Dude doesn't even run back on defense sometimes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Sergio Ramos seems like the should be a midfielder instead. Dude doesn't even run back on defense sometimes.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
isn't that the truth, after watching him this tournament Ihave been disapointed with his play. Commits more dumb fouls than anyone I've ever seen, if he gets beat by another player, he fouls them automaticallycause of how salty he is.

Subpar 2 games but I assure you, he is worldclass. He can play RB/CB/CDM.

His temper is one of his problems though.

Roberto Carlos (
pimp.gif
) was the same way. He was a fixture on the offense buthis athleticism allowed him to recover/return to position. It helps when you have players that can cover for you. At Real Madrid.. Gago, Diarra, and Pepe do agood job in covering for him when he advances.

Spurs have the chance to be damn good next season. They've had a real good transfer season so far, and I've heard that they've been linked withsome other big stars as well.

New Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho, is ready to approach FC Porto with an offer for winger Ricardo Quaresma, a former target of Tottenham. (AFP, 1039)

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has not passed a medical at Emirates Stadium prior to a proposed move to Arsenal, according to his agent.(setantasports.com, 1226)

Brazilian club Portuguesa have turned down an Arsenal bid for their highly-rated striker Diogo. (Sky Sports, 1300)

Dutch midfielder Orlando Engelaar is being tracked by both Everton and Newcastle but face competition from German side Schalke. (Sky Sports,1300)

Cristiano Ronaldo may have to face the 'hairdryer treatment' from Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in a one-on-one meeting before he canforce through a move to Real Madrid (Daily Mail).

Senior Manchester United players have been bombarding Ronaldo with text messages and phone calls urging him to stay at Old Trafford. (DailyMirror)

Real Madrid midfielder Wesley Sneijder has urged Ronaldo to come to the Bernabeu, believing he can help the Spanish champions win a 10th European Cup.(Daily Star)

Ronaldo had already decided to quit United and join Real Madrid before last month's Champions League final. (The Sun)

Tottenham are preparing a double swoop on Spain, with their targets being £10m Argentine hitman Diego Milito from Zaragoza and Real Madrid strikerRuud van Nistelrooy. (Daily Star)

Barcelona claim they have agreed a stunning £25m deal to sign Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. (Daily Star)

---------------
A lot of this stuff seems bogus...Sammy Eto'o to Arsenal would be amazing but it doesn't seem like a move Wenger would make.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Cristiano Ronaldo may have to face the 'hairdryer treatment' from Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in a one-on-one meeting before he can force through a move to Real Madrid (Daily Mail).

Senior Manchester United players have been bombarding Ronaldo with text messages and phone calls urging him to stay at Old Trafford. (Daily Mirror)

---------------

this is one thing that makes me mad about ronaldo. hes alot like frank lampard, give him enough money and he'll kiss any badge. ifhe had his mind made up a month before the finale then why did he claim to be staying after he kissed the european cup? dude plays games imo. he did the samething after euro 2004 if i remember correctly and the same thing after world cup 2006. in fact he seems to do the same thing every summer. what do contractsmean these days? more worthless than the paper they are written on. and as far as real madrid..they have a real knack for bullying their way into transfers andunsettling players. wish uefa would get a handle on that.

^ he likes the attention... the ego boost... the 'everybody loves Ronaldo' feeling...
smh.gif

cunning Scolari already starting to make his life at Chelski easier by getting ridding Ronny from the Premiership...
smh.gif

Spurs have the chance to be damn good next season. They've had a real good transfer season so far, and I've heard that they've been linked with some other big stars as well.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Same thing that is said at the beginning of every season, and then the seasonbegins and they crap out. Darren Bent was the best buy of last summer though.

Tottenham appear to have little hope of signing David Villa from Valencia after the Spain striker referred to Premier League rivals Liverpool andChelsea as potentially attractive destinations. (Daily Mail, 1357 BST)

AC Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani has reiterated the club's position that Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is their only transfertarget this summer. (Various)

Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin has told Spanish newspaper AS he has had offers from clubs in England and Germany but admitted "what I reallywant is to play in the Spanish League, in the Primera Division." (Press Association, 1036 BST)

Barcelona midfielder Deco is set to become new Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari's first signing in a £12m deal. (The Sun)

But Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has told Scolari to forget signing the Portugal midfielder as he is ready to sanction a £20m bid for Russian playmakerAndrei Arshavin. (Daily Star)

Russia's sports minister Vitaly Mutko has said it would be Arshavin's "dream" to play for Barcelona but revealed it was unlikelythe Catalans would be able to improve on the Zenit St Petersburg player's £50,000-a-week, plus bonuses, salary. (The Guardian)

Bent could be making way for the arrival of David Villa as Spurs have reportedly offered Valencia £20m for the Spain striker. (Daily Telegraph)

Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho, who has been told by Barcelona that he is free to leave, has admitted he would love to play in the Premier League butrefused to say whether he fancies Manchester City or Chelsea. (Various)

The transfer of Brazilian striker Jo to Manchester City has hit a few contractual snags as the CSKA Moscow player is subject to the same ownership issues asManchester United striker Carlos Tevez. (The Times)

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is ready to pay £2m for Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul. (Daily Mirror)

Midfielder Michael Ballack, who has one-year remaining on his Chelsea contract, has said he would like to see out the rest of his career at Stamford Bridge.(Various)

----------
Alena Seredova, the wife of Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, has admitted she has a crush on two of her husband'steam-mates.

"I get emotional every time Gigi makes a save," said the Czech model. "But a woman must admit that the two sexiest players in thenational team are on the bench - Fabio Cannavaro and Marco Borriello." (The Times)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yo but seattle....ronaldo is thinking about himself and frankly i think he likes the madrid lifestyle more than manchester....i dont thinkwe should getberbatov...instead get sneijder to replace ronaldo and extra cash to buy vanhuntelaar

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Alena Seredova, the wife of Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, has admitted she has a crush on two of her husband's team-mates.

"I get emotional every time Gigi makes a save," said the Czech model. "But a woman must admit that the two sexiest players in the national team are on the bench - Fabio Cannavaro and Marco Borriello." (The Times)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That is hilarious.
laugh.gif

Manchester United are hoping to sign Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos. (Times)
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

that would be sweet if we Manchester could get Ramos....if Ronaldo stays. But if Ronaldo goes to Real, that would be my two favorite players in the world onthe same team.

Ramos and Ronaldo...

Say what you wanna say about Ramos...comitting stupid fouls and all; dudes a BOSS. World-class for sure.

I want to stay a Reds fan but ultimately my heart will follow CR7.

I can wait for Euro to be over so the players can start signing. I wonder how much Abramovich is going to spend this off-season.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I can wait for Euro to be over so the players can start signing. I wonder how much Abromovich is going to spend this off-season.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

same here. im tired of all of these rumors and want to see some actual movement!

I can wait for Euro to be over so the players can start signing. I wonder how much Abramovich is going to spend this off-season.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Word, I want to hurry and see who's going to come to Arsenal.
pimp.gif

*If they get rid of Adebayor, I'm going to send a death threat to Wenger*

spurs have just bought gomes from PSV. it looks like we've sorted all our problems before the transfer window has even opened.

hopefully berbatov stays and the rumours of bentley and diarra are true.

Back
Top Bottom