European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Also, Juve sign DM Christian Poulsen and have said they won't sign anymore outfield players meaning Xabi Alonso won't be moving to Turin.
Juve fans dont like it one bit. Then again, they didnt necessarily want Momo Sissoko either and he turned out pretty good. Their fear is that a creative midfielder will not be brought in ala Diego or Rafael van der Vaart.

Oh, and Totti better watch his back.
I wanted Xabi in Torino myself...
smh.gif

Well with Poulsen and Sissoko playing the same role, that leaves the other CM spot to a pool of Tiago, Almiron (if they don't get sold), C. Zanetti,Marchionni, and some unproven young players in Marchisio and Ekdal. Not exactly world class options. Plus, you have to question how solid their defense willbe. They have enough to be competitive in Serie A, but a run in Europe seems unlikely. Giovinco might see some time at midfield with the forward position beinga bit crowded with ADP, Trez, Iaquinta, and Amauri.

Rooney overrated? In the goal department I think you have a case, but it's not all about the goals. What that guy brings to the pitch is unreplacable, withhis physical play ,his emotion, and he never gives up on a play. I'll take Rooney in my starting 11 before I do alot of these world class strikers. Iwonder if he will finish his career at Untd, it's along time away though.

No surprise that Ronaldinho is going to AC Milan, it was the only logical destination for him. Kaka+Ronnie+Duck Boy is going to be scary.

The biggest news of the day is that Cristiano Ronaldo dumped his girfriend...

gallardo%20r7.png

Rooney overrated? In the goal department I think you have a case, but it's not all about the goals. What that guy brings to the pitch is unreplacable, with his physical play ,his emotion, and he never gives up on a play. I'll take Rooney in my starting 11 before I do alot of these world class strikers. I wonder if he will finish his career at Untd, it's along time away though.
Physical play + emotion = over-rated. His emotion has gotten him into trouble one too many times. Too bad his physical play + emotion hasn'ttranslated into any international success.

C's girlfriend was kinda manly looking IMO

BTW, I already reserved my Ronnie Milan jersey
laugh.gif

[h1]Ronaldinho transfers to AC Milan[/h1]
3 hours, 6 minutes ago

• [h5][/h5] Buzz Up
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

MILAN, Italy (AP)-Ronaldinho transferred to AC Milan late Tuesday, leaving FC Barcelona after the club's new coach declared the team would plan for nextseason without the Brazilian playmaker.

The Italian club said late Tuesday Ronaldinho would arrive in Milan on Wednesday to get a medical exam and sign a contract through June 30, 2011.

Barcelona said that AC Milan will pay $33.4 million for Ronaldinho and another $6.3 million if it clinches a place in next season's Champions League.The transfer amount was considerably less than the $50.7 million Barcelona said Manchester City had offered.

A two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, Ronaldinho has been seeking to leave Barcelona since new coach Pep Guardiola said that the star was notneeded.

"(If) he can get back to being the player he was, perhaps we could have a rethink," Guardiola said last month. "But circumstances are notwhat they are. I want a strong dressing room in which everyone feels important. That's vital. If we don't look after these aspects, we'll be lessstrong. And if Ronnie felt this, he would be with us."

Ronaldinho scored 91 goals in 200 appearances in his five seasons at the Camp Nou, and helped lead Barcelona to consecutive Spanish league titles in 2005and 2006, and the Champions League trophy in 2006.

At Milan, he will join fellow Brazilians Kaka and Alexandre Pato.

The 28-year-old, who was under contract at the Camp Nou through 2010, was coming off one of his poorest seasons with nine goals in 26 appearances. Assortedinjuries-ranging from a foot problem to thigh injury to knee tendinitis-accompanied by concerns over his social habits meant Ronaldinho played the fewest gamessince first moving to Europe to play for French side Paris St-Germain in 2001.

Ronaldinho turned down Manchester United to sign with Barcelona in July 2003, shortly after David Beckham rejected Barcelona and signed with Real Madrid.Barcelona bought 2002 World Cup winner Ronaldinho for $34 million and brought winning football back to Barcelona, with his dazzling dribbles and no-lookassists leading Barcelona to consecutive league titles in 2005-06 and its second European Cup in 2006.

Ronaldinho even managed to earn a standing ovation from Madrid fans after scoring for the second time in a 3-0 victory at Barca's bitter rival duringthe team's second title run.

But since that 2-1 Champions League victory over Arsenal at Paris, Barcelona's dip in form has mirrored that of its biggest star.

Mancini also makes the move to Inter Milan

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Can't wait to see Hleb take over for Ronaldinho.
laugh.gif

I'm so glad Barca took him off our hands...only thing I liked about him was his aggressive play...otherwise he was trash and blew a lot of chances

Barca is becoming such a mess, they really remind me of the Real Madrid team from 2003-2006, terrible front office decision making that is really underminingwhat should be a quality team.

They get rid of Ronaldinho, want to get rid of Eto'o, and they think Hleb and Adebeyor will be sufficient replacements? Henry is finished too, if anything,they should've kept Ronnie and sold Henry. I expect Real Madrid to win La Liga easily once again next season.

If I'm Arsenal I'd take Eto'o + cash for Adebeyor. Eto'o with 1 healthy knee > Adebeyor.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Barca is becoming such a mess, they really remind me of the Real Madrid team from 2003-2006, terrible front office decision making that is really undermining what should be a quality team.

They get rid of Ronaldinho, want to get rid of Eto'o, and they think Hleb and Adebeyor will be sufficient replacements? Henry is finished too, if anything, they should've kept Ronnie and sold Henry. I expect Real Madrid to win La Liga easily once again next season.

If I'm Arsenal I'd take Eto'o + cash for Adebeyor. Eto'o with 1 healthy knee > Adebeyor.

I wouldn't take Eto over Adebayor, the reason I love watching Emmanuel play is because of his physical play. Every time I watch Eto play, he acts solazy, never goes after the ball, especially in the past CL. He looked like he was waiting for the ball to him and didn't want to go to it, I hate lazyplay. I love how Adebayor always dominates defenders like they're not even there and the fact he's so tall he gets great headers for goals all thetime. I compare his structure to Drogba, they are the same person, even in Fifa.
laugh.gif

Only thing i'd miss about Adebayor is the aerial threat...otherwise give me Eto'o + cash and i'm happy
"Madrid, you bastards, salute the champions!"
-Samuel Eto'o
laugh.gif

Poor decision from Barca, they will miss what he brings to the table. Do you guys think Messi is going to take the bull by the horns and try and be a leader?Or is he not mature enough yet? Who does Barca start in Ronnies place?

Does anyone know what formation Guardiola wants to play? If he sticks with the 4-3-3 it'll likely be Iniesta, Hleb, Henry, Bojan, or some type of rotationof those on the left wing.

Barca needs to make a move or else Real Madrid is gunna make the title race boring for a second straight year.

And this is coming from a Madrid fan
laugh.gif

I just heard on World Soccer Daily that Inter upped the offer for Lampard to 15 million Euros( or pounds i forgot) and Adriano. WOW.

They get rid of Ronaldinho, want to get rid of Eto'o, and they think Hleb and Adebeyor will be sufficient replacements? Henry is finished too, if anything, they should've kept Ronnie and sold Henry. I expect Real Madrid to win La Liga easily once again next season.

I agree with you Tevez.

Barca has become a mess much like Madrid before. IMO it has mainly due to management. Rijkaard was an integral factor of Barcas past success, I miss his styleof play.

You hire Pep, a 37yr old coach with no experience, sell Ronaldinho, expect Henry and Bojan to front the attacking line. Its like one risky move after another.No offense to the Henry fans, but how can you put the season of Barcelonas attack on Henry's shoulders? He is past his prime. Surely Eto'o is the morefeasible option. Then again you have Bojan. He will be brilliant, maybe not like Messi brilliant, but he is still young, how can you put the responsibility onhis shoulders?

Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi. What an attacking line up - any non Barca fan can agree.

Now look at Barcelona.. Henry, Bojan, Messi..? Iniesta up front?.. ?

Messi IMO is probably Barca's best attacking weapon. But as great as he is, I don't think he's got that element Ronaldinho did. Ronnie coulddribble, score, pass and get Eto'o/Guily/Larsson involved. Messi is more of a natural scorer and needs that Deco/Xavi/R10 to give him the space to createand score. Watching Messi and R10 celebrate will be missed.

End of an era at the Nou Camp. Im a Barcelona fan, they have a chance of winning La Liga, but im not too sure. I just hope Ronaldinho and Eto'o prove toBarcelona what mistakes they have made.

Wow. lol end of rant.

some serious rebuilding in the NouCamp... around Messi and Bojan... a bit of a shame how Ronnie's Barca career ended the way it did...

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Rooney overrated? In the goal department I think you have a case, but it's not all about the goals. What that guy brings to the pitch is unreplacable, with his physical play ,his emotion, and he never gives up on a play. I'll take Rooney in my starting 11 before I do alot of these world class strikers. I wonder if he will finish his career at Untd, it's along time away though.

grin.gif

other than being "unreplacable" this man is right. I dont care too much for ManU, but Rooney has the potential to do big things if he matures. Ronneydoes a lot of the intangibles that the rest of the team feeds off of. Its hard to get a man like that on the pitch.

Spurs will definitely miss Berbs though. Any team to land such a talented striker is lucky. Depending on the number of starts, easily a 20 goal season. FirstCarrick, and now Berbs. Spurs are developing some talented ManU players.
tired.gif

Rooney overrated? In the goal department I think you have a case, but it's not all about the goals. What that guy brings to the pitch is unreplaceable, with his physical play ,his emotion, and he never gives up on a play. I'll take Rooney in my starting 11 before I do alot of these world class strikers. I wonder if he will finish his career at Untd, it's along time away though.
grin.gif
"intangibles" like emotion and never giving up ona play is the most common excuse people give for overrated players. The "Oh but he's such a hustle guy, you can't measure that with stats."kind of crap is stupid, maybe less in soccer than other sports because there are unrecorded intangibles that do happen. Especially since Rooney plays one ofthe few positions you can actually break down statistically. You're saying that you'd take Rooney over someone who shows little emotion, isn'tsuper physical, but scored 30 goals a season?

This isn't to say hes a horrible player, but hes way too overhyped and held up way to high, when hes really just a good player. If he was from anothercountry, he'd probably just be another dude in the Prem. Actually he'd probably be underated by the British media.

Back
Top Bottom