European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

if Adebayor goes to Chelsea. There will be an uproar word to Ashley Cole. Dude still gets booed every time he touches the ball at Emirates.
Thats different though, Ashley deserves that because hes a traitor and was talking to Chelsea behind Arsenals back

[table][tr][td]
http://

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Everton boss David Moyes may swoop for Real Zaragoza's £7m-rated Argentine star Pablo Aimar - once his summer spending budget is finally confirmed. (The Sun)

Inter Milan have privately claimed to have struck a £7m deal for Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and say the deal will be officially announced once the England star returns from holiday in Sicily. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are tracking £15m-rated Columbian scoring sensation Falcao as an alternative to Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Daily Mirror)
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]

CW
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Arsenal have signalled their intent to keep hold of striker Emmanuel Adebayor by rejecting a £24m bid from Barcelona. (The Times)

Juventus are ready to raise their offer to £16.5m for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso after missing out on Roma's Alberto Aquilani. (Daily Mail)

Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho has openly admitted he would love to join Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea from Barcelona. "If this opportunity to work with him again comes off it will be beautiful," he said. (The Sun)

Aston Villa see West Ham's Robert Green as their potential new goalkeeper but would have to pay around £6m for his services. (The Guardian)

Robbie Keane's future at White Hart Lane appears more secure after Tottenham discredited reports that the striker had filed a transfer request. Liverpool are interested in the 27-year-old Irishman. (Daily Telegraph)

Watford are set to sign former Leeds full-back Ian Harte from Sunderland. (The Sun)

Bolton boss Gary Megson is ready to offer Joey Barton an escape route from Newcastle by proposing a loan deal for the midfielder. (Daily Mail)

New Blackburn manager Paul Ince is ready to battle Wigan boss Steve Bruce for the signing of £1.5m-rated defender Fredrik Stoor from Rosenborg. (Daily Star)

Liverpool have launched a new bid of £17m for Gareth Barry and told Aston Villa that it is to be their final offer. (The Sun)

Fulham are hesitating over a bid for Josep Simunic as Hertha Berlin are demanding £5.5m for the Croatia defender. (Daily Star)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane is ready to make Darren Bent the highest paid player in the club's history as he prepares to launch a £10m bid for the Tottenham striker. (Various)

Premier League new boys Hull City aim to land midfielder Geovanni, who is a free agent after quitting Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

Werder Bremen have confirmed the departure of Portugal Under-21 international Amaury Bischoff, clearing the way for a move to Arsenal. (Daily Express)

St Johnstone are lining up a move for freed Rotherham striker Derek Holmes after the ex-Hearts and Ross County front man impressed at the club's pre-season training camp. (Daily Record)

Midfielder Willo Flood is close to agreeing a permanent move from Cardiff to Dundee United after a successful loan spell at Tannadice last season. (Various)

Celtic midfielder Evander Sno will be given permission to speak to Osasuna, with the Spanish side hoping to tie up a £1.5m deal. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

Kilmarnock have had a £50,000 bid for Linfield striker Peter Thompson turned down. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

Celtic are interested in signing Roma duo Vitorino Antunes and Matteo Brighi. (Daily Mail)

Midfielder Mehdi Taouil is set to sign a new two-year deal at Kilmarnock. The Moroccan spent eight months with the Ayrshire club last season. (Various)

AND FINALLY
The population of the village from which Manchester City's Uefa Cup opponents - EB/ Streymur - come from is under 400. And the entire Faroe Islands is made up of just 48,000 people, which is the capacity of the Blues' Eastlands stadium. (Daily Mirror)

[h3]Bookmark with:[/h3] What are these?
[/td] [td]
o.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Milan priced out of move for Adebayor

AC Milan accept they have been priced out of the market for Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor by the Gunners' 'impossible' valuation of last season's top scorer. 'The request for 45million euros (£35.8million) by Arsenal is an impossible request,' Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said on the Italian club's website. While the Togo international may, according to his agent, not be 'greedy', described as 'humble kid from the street' and 'in love' with Arsenal, Arsene Wenger has sent a clear message he has no intentions of letting Adebayor - or anyone else for that matter - hold the club to ransom over excessive wage demands. Nevertheless, the Arsenal manager also knows there is no value in keeping an unsettled player whose focus is on something other than mounting a sustained title challenge next season. The Premier League club are, according to Galliani, not willing to accept anything less than what they consider full market value for Adebayor, plucked from Monaco in a £7million deal 18 months ago and who smashed 30 goals last season. Barcelona are also said to be in the hunt for the Togo forward, with president Joan Laporta looking to secure a big-name signing ahead of the club's referendum this weekend. The Catalan giants would certainly have the financial muscle to test Arsenal's resolve with an offer nearer their asking price.

Hopefully he stays, and wants to stay with us.

As far as the Henry bashing, I wasn't happy he left, but I still love him as a player. I heard he plans on coming to MLS, eventually? I dunno about that,but I def. don't hate on him for leaving the Gunners

at this point, i'd rather arsenal sell ade, as long as they get the right price for him. once all the transfer talk involving him came about, he showed histrue colors.

Originally Posted by shinobiobi

at this point, i'd rather arsenal sell ade, as long as they get the right price for him. once all the transfer talk involving him came about, he showed his true colors.

indifferent.gif

TRUE Arsenal fans would NOT want him to leave.
eyes.gif

have you heard the things he's said?

"Milan are a big club but the fact they are not playing in the Champions League next season is less of a challenge. Barcelona have made a good financialoffer and there is also the chance to play alongside great players. Yes, I am still under contract to Arsenal but it's up to the directors to satisfy mydemands or I'll leave.

If my good form of last season has increased my value, my employers have to take account of that. I have to prepare for my retirement. Even if you are notscoring fine goals and you have money, you can enjoy a happy retirement. The time for preparing for that moment is now.

People ask if I am asking for the same salary as Henry. That is not necessarily the question. But I am being considered a worthy replacement for Henry whilenot deserving his salary. The question lies on this level."

this type of personality is not necessary. he's 24 and he's talking all this rubbish about preparing for his retirement and making 'demands'.

on a somewhat related note, a poster for arsenal's away kit next season:
new-away-kit.jpg

He's already rockin the new kit, why would he leave a team with a jersey like that?
laugh.gif

I can't wait to scoop it up. Already got the new home with patches and authentic name and number on the way. Should be here next week, before anyone in theUS even has it.
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by shinobiobi

at this point, i'd rather arsenal sell ade, as long as they get the right price for him. once all the transfer talk involving him came about, he showed his true colors.

indifferent.gif

TRUE Arsenal fans would NOT want him to leave.
eyes.gif
Why? Outside of have 1 1/2 good seasons with the squad, whats he really done? If someones willing to pay a lot for him, and we can get asubstantial replacement then I say let him go and get the money he thinks he should be getting. But at the end of the day he, and every other big athleteshould realize that if the quality of play is there, the quality of pay will soon follow, but you have to put in more than a seasons work. Look at how manyguys in the NBA have gotten huge deals and then disappeared after they got the deal.

I don't want him to leave, but I also think he shouldn't be demanding massive wages. 50 thousand pounds a week is more than enough money for anyone tolive off of.

Adebayor is good but if you think he's irreplaceable, you're nuts. He hasn't show enough to merit such a huge pay raise. It's OBVIOUS that hisloyalty can be bought fairly easily.

I dont think Liverpool have the financial backing to swoop Quaresma. Hes going to cost at least 35 Million Euro. Inter are favorites.

Liverpool seem focused on first getting Gareth Barry. The reason they can offer alot for him is the likely sale of Xabi Alonso (Juve?)

La Liga ~

Atletico Madrid sign Sinama Pongolle, Gregory Coupet, and Paulo Assunçao.

Villareal sign Ariel Ibagaza.. Did damage for Mallorca last year, 07-08 fantasy football killer.

Florent Sinama-Pongolle....... one of my favorite names. I think he should go somewhere where he can start though.

^Supposedly the Xabi Alonso deal is done in principle, Juve just need to raise funds from the sale of Tiago and/or Almiron.

Is Arsenal asking too much for Adebayor?

Im doing it of research and a lot of articles say he's terribly overrated. I don't want him in Barca.

let's just say if any team wants to buy him, they're going to have to pay more than what he's probably worth, which is pretty much the standard asfar as good to great players go anyways.

Hes not actively for sale therefore whoever wants him will have to overpay.

Adebayor is good but overrated. The prices/offers being thrown around, ridiculous. Especially when you consider the strikers that can be pursued instead: DavidVilla, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, Mario Gomez, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov, and even Dani Guiza.

^ I saw a pic of Guiza's wife.

Apparently she slept with no less than 6 Madrid players lol

Back
Top Bottom