European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Hey guys, I was wondering where you all find all this soccer news? and are there any good forums for European soccer??

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Hes not actively for sale therefore whoever wants him will have to overpay.

Adebayor is good but overrated. The prices/offers being thrown around, ridiculous. Especially when you consider the strikers that can be pursued instead: David Villa, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, Mario Gomez, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov, and even Dani Guiza.

I would take Adebayor over Eto, Berbatov, Gomez and Drogba any day of the week.

Not saying they're not good, because they certainly are, but I do think what Adebayor has over these guys is STRENGTH. He's tall as hell and alwayspowers over everyone to get the ball. That's what I love about him, his physical play.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Hes not actively for sale therefore whoever wants him will have to overpay.

Adebayor is good but overrated. The prices/offers being thrown around, ridiculous. Especially when you consider the strikers that can be pursued instead: David Villa, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, Mario Gomez, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov, and even Dani Guiza.

I would take Adebayor over Eto, Berbatov, and Drogba any day of the week.

I dunno...I might rather have Drogba...but definitely Ade over Eto and Berbatov. Berbatov is overrated imo

Sorry if already posted...
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Martins makes eyes at move to Arsenal

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins has admitted he would find it hard to turn down Arsenal if they attempted to sign him. The Nigerian has been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium throughout the summer, and speculation over a potential transfer would increase further if Gunners striker Emmanuel Adebayor completes a switch to Barcelona. 'Arsenal is a big club that everyone wants to play for. I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team,' the 23-year-old told The Sun. 'But, now that I am a Newcastle player, there is nothing much to say. If it is true, both clubs would have to reach an agreement. 'Is Arsenal a good club? Yes. Would I love to play there? Probably, if Newcastle are ready to listen to them. But if Newcastle says no then it'll be no.' Martins, currently on holiday, added: 'Because I still have a contract, I expect the club to speak to me when I get back. I am not saying I want to go but, if anything happens, that's football.'

Klaas Jan Huntelaar has been strongly linked with the Red Devils! Man I hope this deal goes through.. He would be a great addition. United fans, would you yourather see Nani, or Giggs start out on the left wing this season? I would like to see Nani, he has so much potential. But I would have a hard time seeing Giggsnot in that starting 11.

not to mention adebayor has youth and health on his side. he's 24 and doesn't have injury problems, drogs is 30 and eto'o is 27, with yearlyinjuries.

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Klaas Jan Huntelaar has been strongly linked with the Red Devils! Man I hope this deal goes through.. He would be a great addition. United fans, would you you rather see Nani, or Giggs start out on the left wing this season? I would like to see Nani, he has so much potential. But I would have a hard time seeing Giggs not in that starting 11.

I WANT KLAAS JAN HUNTELAAR at the CLub...but I dont think it's going to happen....for some stupid Reason...we might get Berbatov and we would have tospend 25 million pounds to the spurs....He's not worth over 16 million pounds IMO....but errm I would have to agree and disagree to your opinion aboutNani...Nani has great potential...a good shot on him..and the Pase is somewhat there...but he's a selfish lad on the Pitch!!!

unfortantly

Arsenal signed Samir Nasri from Marselle
Aarone Ramsey from Cardiff City

Originally Posted by DubbAi

unfortantly

Unfortunately?
laugh.gif
I'm stoked, I can't wait to see both ofthem take the pitch. And your spelling is terrible.

unfortantly

Unfortunately?
laugh.gif
I'm stoked, I can't wait to see both of them take the pitch. And your spelling is terrible.

unfortunate for the rest of us...

Originally Posted by Henri2310

unfortantly

Unfortunately?
laugh.gif
I'm stoked, I can't wait to see both of them take the pitch. And your spelling is terrible.

pimp.gif

unfortantly

Unfortunately?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Cannot wait to see Nasri in action

unfortantly

Unfortunately?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
hahahha typo Bruv...I caught that aswell....Seriously tho?!!??!! Arsen Wegner drop 16 Million pounds for both of those guys...I bet if Man United GotNasri or Ramsey..we would atleast dropped 20million pounds for each of the players......

so if you support a club in the EPL other than Arsenal..then it is unfortunate....

Ya Nani is a bit selfish, but was Ronaldo so different when he started getting more shine. That aggressivness is the exact thing that Man U offense strives on,to go driectly at defenders without hesitation. That frontline would be unstoppable if United score one more top class striker. And I think Hunteelar is theman to do it with his attacking style.
I wish it could have been Benzema tho..

Yeh...Ronny is selfish also..but you gotta think!!!! Ronny FINISHES!!!!! when ever Nani is on the Ball he sometimes makes stupid choices..like he'll shootwhen there is 5 guys infront of him and what not....

Hunteelar is a beast!! and so is Benzema!!!

Benzema is gunna stay at Lyon

and Im not sure about Hunteelar...there's rumors that he's linked with Madrid or Milan

Unfortantley, We're gettin Berbatov...but I hope not!

Originally Posted by I3

^ I saw a pic of Guiza's wife.

Apparently she slept with no less than 6 Madrid players lol

From Wikipedia:

A lifelong Real Madrid fan (she has a tattoo of the Real Madrid emblem on her midriff), she famously announced that she had slept with atleast six first-team players, but it was David Beckham, upon his arrival at theclub, who was the main focus of the gossip press,[sup][2][/sup] even staging photo opportunities for the awaiting paparazzi.[sup][3][/sup]

Nice to see Benzema staying at Lyon. I really enjoy watching Lyon play, they're such an under-rated team. I hope they do very well in the Ligue 1 and CLnext season.
smile.gif

Nice to see Benzema staying at Lyon. I really enjoy watching Lyon play, they're such an under-rated team. I hope they do very well in the Ligue 1 and CL next season.
smile.gif

Benzema is a Beast!!!! but bruv...do you really have to hope that Lyon will do good in Ligue 1?? They have been beastin in that league for 7 seasons in arow!!!! What is the Word for Ben Arfa?? I heard that Lyon declined the offer from Arsenal..and Now I heard he's might sign to Marselle..did that deal gothrough yet??

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Hey guys, I was wondering where you all find all this soccer news? and are there any good forums for European soccer??

Originally Posted by shinobiobi

for soccer news i go to espnsoccernet and the football section of skysports

Thanks, I was looking around. Is TotalFootballForums any good?

Nice to see Benzema staying at Lyon. I really enjoy watching Lyon play, they're such an under-rated team. I hope they do very well in the Ligue 1 and CL next season.
smile.gif

Benzema is a Beast!!!! but bruv...do you really have to hope that Lyon will do good in Ligue 1?? They have been beastin in that league for 7 seasons in a row!!!! What is the Word for Ben Arfa?? I heard that Lyon declined the offer from Arsenal..and Now I heard he's might sign to Marselle..did that deal go through yet??

Yeah man, I do, I like Lyon and Marseille, as long as them two teams do good in Ligue 1 I'm happy for them. I expect PSG, Bordeaux, and Monaco to allplay very well next season, but I do believe Lyon will win Ligue 1. Marseille imo, won't have a chance next season. Cisse is still not 100%, loss of Nasri,and who knows what else will curse them. We shall see.

Nah...totalFootballforums is wack....I use the Redcafe Forum(Official Man United Forum), the Footy.net (google it) or SkySports forum..
those are all nice...
and for my Footy news...I either use Man Utd.com or Skysports news.com

Nah...totalFootballforums is wack....I use the Redcafe Forum(Official Man United Forum), the Footy.net (google it) or SkySports forum..
those are all nice...
and for my Footy news...I either use Man Utd.com or Skysports news.com

Thanks man imma check those out.

Back
Top Bottom