Ever been to a car auction?

Planned to go to a police impound auction this morning, it was closed for a reason still unbeknownst to me. Maybe it wasmeant to be because my brother and I ended up hitting up a car auction in northeast DC afterwards which resulted in both of us leaving with cars. I got aflawless, white 1996 Acura Integra with 119K miles for $2400 while he got a white 1995 Infiniti J30 (all leather interior, bose sound system) with 109k milesfor $2450. The only damper on the morning is that shortly after I bought my car, a 2001 Dodge Durange with 89K miles sold for $2200
eek.gif
So inessance I'm advising you hit up your local auctions if you don't have a car, hell even if you DO have a car, you can get stuff dirt cheap

smokin.gif

M!ke

Yup, my dad goes twice a week since he sells cars. I've been there a couple times.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

from what i know, old durangos are terrible.

Lord knows you wouldn't find me driving one but I know they sell for a bare minimum of $5000 in the condition thisone was in. I dunno about you, but I can use a couple G's burning a whole in my pocket

M!ke

what kind of auction? is it a dealer auction because if so you need a dealer license.

THE NEW YORK CITY POLICE DEPT.WILL CONDUCT AN AUCTION OF SEIZED AND FORFEITED MOTOR VEHICLES ON TUES.DEC.2nd,2008 @ APPROXIMATELY 10:00 A.M.THE VEHICLES MAY BEINSPECTED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:ON MON. DEC.1st,2008 @ 10:00 A.M. AT:THE COLLEGE POINT AUTO POUND,LINDEN PLACE AND ULMER STREET COLLEGE POINT QUEENS N.Y.AND THE ERIE BASIN AUTO POUND 700 COLUMBIA STREET,BROOKLYN N.Y. FOR MORE INFO,PLEASE CALL THE N.Y.P.D. 24 HOUR AUCTION HOTLINE AT 646 610 4614 FOR DIRECTIONSAND TERMS OF SALE,OR EMAIL US .THESE VEHICLES ARE SOLD AS IS AND WHERE IS AND ARE ALL LIEN FREE.ALSO PLEASE SEE THE AUCTION SECTION OF THE N.Y.TIMESSUNDAY,NOV.30th EDITION .THERE ARE NO:FEES,NO BUYERS PREMIUMS,AND NO OTHER CHARGES.YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO PROVIDE A LICENSED TOW TRUCK TO REMOVE THE VEHICLESFROM THE POLICE POUND FACILITY.THE N.Y.P.D. WILL NOT TOW ANY VEHICLE.THE VEHICLES MUST BE PAID FOR AT KNOCKDOWN,AND WE ACCEPT ONLY THE FOLLOWING ASPAYMENT"CASH,CERTIFIED CHECK,OR U.S.POSTAL MONEY ORDER.NO PERSONAL CHECKS,NO CREDIT CARDS.CATALOGS ARE GIVEN OUT ONLY ON INSPECTION DAYS,NO VIEWING PRIORTO INSPECTION DAY.

- http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/539271.html Auction Location NY CITY POLICE DEPT IMPOUND YARD700 COLUMBIA STREET BROOKLYN, NY

it's been AGES since i've seen a durango on the road. Last one i remember seeing in was my boys he had back in 11th grade...

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Damn good stuff. Did you pay "Straight cash homie" ??
I had $1800 cash and $2000 in money orders and they wouldn't take the money orders
indifferent.gif
SoI gotta drive my @@! back up there tuesday, pay, then drive BACK to Maryland to mess around with the DMV, then BACK to DC and back home. They take[color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]checks[/color] but not money orders... Go figure...

M!ke

Tow truck companys are better my bro got a 94 civic for 500 but you gotta pay all back taxes and registration so he has to pay another 479 to DMV butthat's still a steal

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

what kind of auction? is it a dealer auction because if so you need a dealer license.
just got my sisters 06 explorer from the dealer auction. A friend of a friend of mine is a dealer so he hooked me up. Dealer auctions is whereits at. Depending on what you get you might pay a good amount, but you name it they had it. I might go there when my stack gets right.

Police auctions and dealer auctions if you got the hookup are very nice side hustles. My dad has been doing it for a while and I'm thinking of getting intoit soon.

you dont need hooksup at auctions to get good deals

my friend got his brand new (i think about 22 miles) G35 for $20,000. This was a couple years ago, when the G35 values were higher

yeah I handle repos at a credit union and when we send stuff to auction we try for 70% of the trade in... we get more if we send it to a lot but then sit on itway too long when it doesn't sell but at auction the sell in a week or two.

ive been wanting to goto one of these is there a website where i can find out when one is happening in my area?

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

ive been wanting to goto one of these is there a website where i can find out when one is happening in my area?

all the ones I've even known of you have to have a license to purchase anything there.

Yeah, i try to go to many as possible. That's how i make my quick couple of G's.

I'll swipe something for $2500+ and then resell it to mainly (not being funny or racist) hispanic people for like $6000+.

Where can you find these auctions?

I heard they have them for electronics too? Brand new computers, TVs, stereos... Does anyone have any info on those?

Are there free police auctions or do you have to pay a fee or have a license for all of them?

Back
Top Bottom