Ever go take a test with NO prior studying.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

LOL at this thread

I havent studied since elementary, and have an unweighted 3.86 and Im in all honors and AP
ROFFLE COPTER. Anyone can ace AP and Honors classes with their eyes close. Good luck in college.

not necessarily true. if he chooses the right major, it may be able to fly. i did the exact same thing all my grade school career, and I am pretty sure I could have gotten by in college without studying had I done anything other than engineering...besides maybe a natl science major. but i def could have BSed my way through most business majors and def a lot of liberal arts majors
True. Depends on what you want to do. If you're going that medical route, and given your study habits or lack of, RIP.

BTW, I just took some Adderall about 5 hours ago to study Organic, that stuff is the miracle pill
eek.gif

yeah, I was considering engineering because they said i wuold be good at it when I took my IQ tests (156 btw MENSA member right hurrrr!!! lol) but although its interestin I wouldnt wanna do that for too long. Im probably gonna go into business or economics. That way I can either move onto wall street or work for the govt. or do international butsiness. I really have no clue how to pick a major because I dont know what they entail. I wanna do international business so Idk if I should major in that, it seems stupid though because everything becomes more international as time passes. In twenty years there will be even less businesses that are solely domestic which would make it seem like a (uninternational) business major would otherwise be obsolete? idk tho haha
Im hopin I can somehow do business that will bring me back to Africa or the Middle East, even though its a ****hole, it still feels like home!
Wall street eh?

I'm going to put it like this.

An engineer can get a job as an investment banker.
And investment banker can not get a job as an engineer.

With the way the economy is right now, your better off picking a major that is recession proof, or not as adversely affected by the economy as others. Your notreally that valuable to the company untill you get your MBA, untill then the jobs you get with a business bachelors degree....a lot of other majors could get.

Oh yea, I got second place in a science olympiad exam in high school with no prior preparation. It was literally a pop quiz to me. I came second place toNakoXL and it still haunts me till this day
smh.gif

do it but I seriously have to stop. I got good memory for stuff like this but it suck when I get distracted in the middle of midterms

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

LOL at this thread

I havent studied since elementary, and have an unweighted 3.86 and Im in all honors and AP
ROFFLE COPTER. Anyone can ace AP and Honors classes with their eyes close. Good luck in college.

not necessarily true. if he chooses the right major, it may be able to fly. i did the exact same thing all my grade school career, and I am pretty sure I could have gotten by in college without studying had I done anything other than engineering...besides maybe a natl science major. but i def could have BSed my way through most business majors and def a lot of liberal arts majors
True. Depends on what you want to do. If you're going that medical route, and given your study habits or lack of, RIP.

BTW, I just took some Adderall about 5 hours ago to study Organic, that stuff is the miracle pill
eek.gif

yeah, I was considering engineering because they said i wuold be good at it when I took my IQ tests (156 btw MENSA member right hurrrr!!! lol) but although its interestin I wouldnt wanna do that for too long. Im probably gonna go into business or economics. That way I can either move onto wall street or work for the govt. or do international butsiness. I really have no clue how to pick a major because I dont know what they entail. I wanna do international business so Idk if I should major in that, it seems stupid though because everything becomes more international as time passes. In twenty years there will be even less businesses that are solely domestic which would make it seem like a (uninternational) business major would otherwise be obsolete? idk tho haha
Im hopin I can somehow do business that will bring me back to Africa or the Middle East, even though its a ****hole, it still feels like home!
Wall street eh?

With the way the economy is right now, your better off picking a major that is recession proof, or not as adversely affected by the economy as others. Your not really that valuable to the company untill you get your MBA, untill then the jobs you get with a business bachelors degree....a lot of other majors could get.
good post. engineers are ALWAYS in high demand, especially nowadays. you might not get paid as much as the top i-bankers, but you will never beout of a job.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

LOL at this thread

eek.gif

Wall street eh?

With the way the economy is right now, your better off picking a major that is recession proof, or not as adversely affected by the economy as others. Your not really that valuable to the company untill you get your MBA, untill then the jobs you get with a business bachelors degree....a lot of other majors could get.
good post. engineers are ALWAYS in high demand, especially nowadays. you might not get paid as much as the top i-bankers, but you will never be out of a job.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Depends on the engineer type and area[/color]

did it in high school all the time.

did it in college all the time.

high school was fine, wasn't a straight A student, but good enough.

college i rarely went to class, and when i did, i went moderately/severely drunk more half the time. thats the reason i am still in college 6 years later.

SMH and FTL

youre gonna fail no doubt. did that last week for my psyc class in college, im a junior too. ended up with 52%
frown.gif

as an engineer, we have homework ALL the time, and really, as long as you try on the homework and try to understand everything, you're usually good to gofor the midterms. (obviously-understanding everything takes a long #!! time, so i guess that is part of the "studying")
i don't even know if i want to do engineering (i'm mechanical BTW) in the future, but it's good to have a degree like that because you have apretty nice job straight out of college. i went to a career fair yesterday and it looked like there were a lot of interesting job opportunities you can get.

Psych tests with no multiple choice makes you study since she mixes book questions with her own.

I've studied for 2 tests so far in college. Both were mandatory passes or I'd get a FAIL. I got As on both.

My GPA is trash right now though so I might consider studying.(2.
glasses.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

dendanskesimon wrote:

durty pancakes wrote:

bonafide hustla wrote:

Drunken Cow wrote:

dendanskesimon wrote:

LOL at this thread

not necessarily true. if he chooses the right major, it may be able to fly. i did the exact same thing all my grade school career, and I am pretty sure
I could have gotten by in college without studying had I done anything other than engineering...besides maybe a natl science major. but i def could
have BSed my way through most business majors and def a lot of liberal arts majors

eek.gif

yeah, I was considering engineering because they said i wuold be good at it when I took my IQ tests (156 btw MENSA member right hurrrr!!! lol) but although
its interestin I wouldnt wanna do that for too long. Im probably gonna go into business or economics. That way I can either move onto wall street or work
for the govt. or do international butsiness. I really have no clue how to pick a major because I dont know what they entail. I wanna do international
business so Idk if I should major in that, it seems stupid though because everything becomes more international as time passes. In twenty years there will
be even less businesses that are solely domestic which would make it seem like a (uninternational) business major would otherwise be obsolete? idk tho haha

Wall street eh?

With the way the economy is right now, your better off picking a major that is recession proof, or not as adversely affected by the economy as others. Your
not really that valuable to the company untill you get your MBA, untill then the jobs you get with a business bachelors degree....a lot of other majors could
get.

good post. engineers are ALWAYS in high demand, especially nowadays. you might not get paid as much as the top i-bankers, but you will never be
out of a job.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Depends on the engineer type and area[/color]

So true, an engineer who is electrical probably won't have a job come 2012 because their job will be finished. But a civil engineer will always have a jobbecause of infrastructure issues.

I'm about to have a full week of midterms next week and I'm still slacking up until now.

...I'll kiss away my 3.9 GPA from 1st semester. This is probably the time in my life that I'll be fine with a C in a class...2nd semester is rough...

Trust that if you dont study in college.. your GPA wont be as nice.

Just got my geology exam back.. 5 questions messed the whole class up. trick questions FTL. SMH. Got a 74, thought i was gonna get an A.

All I did in high school, to be honest I don't know how to study...now I'm in college, it doesn't work as well, my GPA isn't as nice, butI'm about to graduate.

I need to learn how to study

Whenever I'm reading I start thinking about something
and when realize it, I've read through a bunch of pages without realizing it
and have no idea about what I just read

Psych is all just common sense... you should do fine.
i think its true for the most part, but there are so many theories that honestly studying would be the best bet.

Back
Top Bottom