Ex sport athletes if you could start your life over, would you try harder at sports?

like for those that play basketball, football, baseball or any other sport, if you could start over would you go harder at it?

I always wondered what would folks do that always talked about how good they were back in the days if they could start over....

I would have started playing hockey at a younger age and I would have never quit when I was starting to develop into a decent player.

Would've loved to start wrestling earlier in middle school instead of junior year of high school. Coach told me I progressed fast and even beat kids who wrestled longer than me. So much regret.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Yea i wish i could go back to middle school and start over from there

Would never had made the pro's, but I could have gotten a scholarship for college

I think I would have enrolled in boxing while I was around 8 or 9...started early.

or kept up with football from jr high school

Would've started taking basketball more seriously in grade school and middle school. 

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Yea i wish i could go back to middle school and start over from there

Would never had made the pro's, but I could have gotten a scholarship for college

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Would've started taking basketball more seriously in grade school and middle school. 
Same here.  I get people asking me all the time if i play ball.  I'm 6'4 btw.  I just got mad lazy and didn't care.

i would have gone harder at GOLF. i can putt like a champ, but the woods and irons end up in the woods.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

This.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I think I would have enrolled in boxing while I was around 8 or 9...started early.

or kept up with football from jr high school
This. If I knew I was gonna stop growing at 5'10 I woulda focused more on football than baseketball.

I wish I started seriously working on my game at a younger age. I dont wish I tried harder bc I practiced everyday. I wish I practiced smarter

Nope. I played football my whole life. But in HS, it got really old and it was too much responsibility.
I decided that my sophomore year after getting moved up to Varsity.
My freshman year was by far the most fun I had ever had in HS.
Getting up at 6 a.m., having to stay after practice to watch film, having no life basically.
I miss the games and the comradery but I wanted to be free. High school football in Texas is a religion. Florida too.
I remember during practice I use to wish I were a scrub and wanted to play scout team. Those dudes had it easy. 

Definitely would have did all the extra necessary training and off season stuff for basketball. I also stopped playing my junior year to work even though I would have been starting varsity for my senior year, think I could have played college had I been more dedicated and took time to learn the game 
ohwell.gif
 Ah' well. Life is still pretty good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Woulda. Shoulda. Coulda....... Thats the only place I see this going. Im out

This too but that's the point of the thread. It's really easy for dudes to say they could have gone pro/got scholarships and I'll say about 10% of them are right.
Everyone else, pipe dreams.

probably not. probably go back to focus more in school. no real market for a 5'9 SG. i'm a pretty good shooter, kinda hard to shoot over 6'4+ guys 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Woulda. Shoulda. Coulda....... Thats the only place I see this going. Im out

[h2]Ex sport athletes if you could start your life over, would you try harder at sports?[/h2]

Is this not what the thread is asking? 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom