Ex-Terror Detainee Says U.S. Tortured Him

Anyone ever thought that this is in their playbook? to call foul everytime they get the media? Has anyone ever thought that these guys deserve it?

But i do hope that they be given a fair trial and have at least some rock solid proof before they can start bringing the pain.

No one deserves anything bad...no matter what they did...they will get judged dont worry man.

America needs to straighten out their own human-rights/democratic election fiascos first before they go arrogantly policing the world on things they haven't even gotten close to perfecting.

he might be osama binladen he doesn't deserve to be tortured...we will be no better then them...and give them more reasons to hate America.

Anyone ever thought that this is in their playbook? to call foul everytime they get the media? Has anyone ever thought that these guys deserve it?

But i do hope that they be given a fair trial and have at least some rock solid proof before they can start bringing the pain.

What on God's green earth are you talking about? Did you watch the video or read the article?

As sad as it is, none of this should be surprising to any of us.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

What on God's green earth are you talking about? Did you watch the video or read the article?

You're absolutely correct - none of this is surprising to me. (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record on this message board as I said the samething about Halliburton's sex-trafficking scandal.
sick.gif

And shame on you NTers who can't take two minutes to read a 500~ word article which you're responding to. Some of you sound absolutely clueless inyour responses.

Originally Posted by Mebo03

Ok its clear none of you know who this guy is

I'm assuming that by that you mean that there's more to him than what's in the article. If so, then please enlighten us.

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

You're absolutely correct - none of this is surprising to me. (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record on this message board as I said the same thing about Halliburton's sex-trafficking scandal.
sick.gif

And shame on you NTers who can't take two minutes to read a 500~ word article which you're responding to. Some of you sound absolutely clueless in your responses.

Originally Posted by Mebo03

Ok its clear none of you know who this guy is

I'm assuming that by that you mean that there's more to him than what's in the article. If so, then please enlighten us.

I was responding to the guy who said "Anyone ever thought that this is in their playbook? to call foul everytime they get the media? Has anyone everthought that these guys deserve it?"

Like this is new.

And this is only news because it was done by the American government.

Black Water and other mercenary companies are STILL doing this to this day and nothing is being done about it because they aren't being held accountableunderneath the Geneva Convention.

It's a loophole in the system. Hired arms can do whatever they want.

Many of them are ruthless ex-cons from Europe who will take anyone in and do as they please.

The guys who aren't doing the torturing are outside killing whoever whoever seems "threatening."

I mean look at it from their perspective, they have high 5 to 6 figure incomes to go spend once they get back home. You think they will risk their lives ifthey can just kill anybody?

Originally Posted by JMaddness2345129

No one deserves anything bad...no matter what they did...they will get judged dont worry man.
alien.gif
No offense, but you should take off the rose-colored glasses...

My bad i just don't think torturing one person...would help on the "war against terror".

Violence leads to violence....

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Like this is new.

Black Water and other mercenary companies are STILL doing this to this day and nothing is being done about it because they aren't being held accountable underneath the Geneva Convention.

Many of them are ruthless ex-cons from Europe who will take anyone in and do as they please.

The guys who aren't doing the torturing are outside killing whoever whoever seems "threatening."

I mean look at it from their perspective, they have high 5 to 6 figure incomes to go spend once they get back home. You think they will risk their lives if they can just kill anybody?
Let's not forget the fact that Bush was pro-torture, and the fact that "enemy combatant" status has allowed our government tocompletely strip a "suspected terrorist" (i.e. ANY muslim person) of any rights they'd have under either the US Constitution or the GenevaConvention. This administration has taken so many end-runs around the Constitution, that it's only the ignorance and apathy of the general public that hasallowed them to stay in power.

My bad i just don't think torturing one person...would help on the "war against terror".

I'm not claiming that what was done to this guy was right (or necessarily wrong, since none of us actually know anything but what we'vebeen told), but interrogation in general is a necessary process with terrorists. The people these interrogations are aimed at chasing would kill you and yourfamily in a heartbeat, so I don't see the point in whining about treating them inhumanely. They do just as bad, if not worse, should they capture one ofours.

I'm saying that to everyone, really; not just shoecrazy.

I'm not claiming that what was done to this guy was right (or necessarily wrong, since none of us actually know anything but what we've been told), but interrogation in general is a necessary process with terrorists. The people these interrogations are aimed at chasing would kill you and your family in a heartbeat, so I don't see the point in whining about treating them inhumanely. They do just as bad, if not worse, should they capture one of ours.

So you're comfortable with our government casting a wide net and allowing innocent people to be tortured for years, even AFTER it's been confirmedthat the person has no links to terrorism? It's one thing if the person is a CONFIRMED terrorist and interrogators are trying to get information out ofhim. I'm SLIGHTLY more comfortable with that even though it violates the Geneva convention and our Constitution. But what did this guy do? He visited abunch of mosques in Pakistan and for that he gets tortured for a few years?
If we were better about our intel it'd be one thing, but this climate of fear is causing us to abuse our power, and I don't think that this canbe disputed.

Originally Posted by shoecrazy77

he might be osama binladen he doesn't deserve to be tortured...we will be no better then them...and give them more reasons to hate America.
indifferent.gif

I'm not claiming that what was done to this guy was right (or necessarily wrong, since none of us actually know anything but what we've been told), but interrogation in general is a necessary process with terrorists. The people these interrogations are aimed at chasing would kill you and your family in a heartbeat, so I don't see the point in whining about treating them inhumanely. They do just as bad, if not worse, should they capture one of ours.

So you're comfortable with our government casting a wide net and allowing innocent people to be tortured for years, even AFTER it's been confirmed that the person has no links to terrorism? It's one thing if the person is a CONFIRMED terrorist and interrogators are trying to get information out of him. I'm SLIGHTLY more comfortable with that even though it violates the Geneva convention and our Constitution. But what did this guy do? He visited a bunch of mosques in Pakistan and for that he gets tortured for a few years?
If we were better about our intel it'd be one thing, but this climate of fear is causing us to abuse our power, and I don't think that this can be disputed.

No, I feel the same as you over confirmed civilians; I was speaking towards confirmed and admitted terrorists. I don't understand the base ofpeople's sympathy with them. Is it simply that it greys areas in the third Geneva Convention, or is there some moral compassion I'm too desensitized torecognize?

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Like this is new.

Black Water and other mercenary companies are STILL doing this to this day and nothing is being done about it because they aren't being held accountable underneath the Geneva Convention.

I mean look at it from their perspective, they have high 5 to 6 figure incomes to go spend once they get back home. You think they will risk their lives if they can just kill anybody?
nice avy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom