Explosion in Beirut Lebanon...wow

just saw this posted on IG too. They are saying "fireworks factory" or something in the comments of the post i saw....I can't imagine that being a fireworks facility unless they just store all the explosive material together and it caught fire

will check the reddit posts and see what people are saying

Man cars on the road turned over.

Reminds me of the West,TX fertilizer explosion some years back.

just saw this posted on IG too. They are saying "fireworks factory" or something in the comments of the post i saw....I can't imagine that being a fireworks facility unless they just store all the explosive material together and it caught fire

will check the reddit posts and see what people are saying

Lebanon's National News Agency reported a fire breaking out at what it called an explosives depot at the port.

:frown:

It appears this explosion was due to confiscated explosives (nitrates) being stored at that port for the past 10+ years. They've known it was a risk but never took care of it.

There's some conflicting reports on exactly what was stored there, why, and for how long, but improper storage of explosive material seems to be the culprit.

I’m looking at pictures of the aftermath and it’s crazy. Wishing recovery to those hurt or impacted.

Back
Top Bottom