F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Lewis lost pole in the last corner.

Bottas is definitely more settled in the car.

I've been watching F1 for 10 years and just realised there's a 1 in the the F1 logo. :lol: :wow: :smh:

since when did Hamilton get a nose ring? :sick: :lol:

there's also an F1 MP4 chassis down there, from the late 90's/early 00's, has the black/silver livery but no West sponsorship on the side pods

I think he's had that nose-stud (or whatever it's called) for a while now... a year or so, at least?

Show us some pics if you can!

Lewis lost pole in the last corner.

Bottas is definitely more settled in the car.

I've been watching F1 for 10 years and just realised there's a 1 in the the F1 logo. :lol: :wow: :smh:

I think Lewis lost it all in S3... rears were gone.

Valtteri's lap was amazing. By a decent margin too.

:stoneface: :lol:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

F1-New-Logo-696x426.jpg

Even though i didn't know the old one had a 1 in it, I'm not sure about this new one.

Least of our worries though. The halo next year is going to be the worst part of F1 going forwards.

Even though i didn't know the old one had a 1 in it, I'm not sure about this new one.

Least of our worries though. The halo next year is going to be the worst part of F1 going forwards.
Indeed. I'm not a huge fan of the new logo, but I don't really care... we don't really look at the logo much anyway...

But like you said, there are much bigger issues for F1 at the moment... Halo and engines...
Better get used to it though...
DPwFyyQX4AAJZhu.jpg:large

I don't really care about the new logo to be honest. I don't even notice the logo during a race weekend.
But I'm excited to see the design of the Sauber/Alfa Romeo. Could be a very nice looking car.

Maybe Halo won't look that bad with aero details and painted in the color of the car. I'm no fan of it, but I still have hope :lol:

For those unfamiliar with Carmen Jorda, she's a Spanish racing driver... but hasn't had much success. A few years ago, Lotus (and then Renault) made her their "Development Driver". Note that she's not their "test driver" or " reserve driver"... but basically, everyone knew the role was a glorified PR role. Did this bother some people? Sure, it did. There were faster women than her who had more success... won races and whatnot... in Europe, the US, etc. But people knew that these sorts of deals were never gonna go away, so they accepted it. When she was at races for her "development" role, the cameras would always pan to her for obvs reasons. She was basically a vase in the garage.

Then a while back, there was more controversy from her when Bernie said that he wanted an all-women F1 league... much to the disapproval from a lot of racers and fans (men and women). That was basically saying women couldn't compete with men on an equal setting in a racecar, which was not true. Racing isn't like footy or hoops or whatever where men had a physical advantage. Racing drivers come in all shapes and sizes. Ant Davidson and Nick Heidfeld are both under 5'5", while Button and Webber are both over 6'. Where Jorda comes in in all of this is that she agreed with Bernie... saying that women couldn't compete with men in the same car. Needless to say, that upset a lot of people.

And now, the FIA has made her this ambassador for women in motorsport, which has even brought her and the FIA more criticism. A lot of women racers (who have won) were quick to comment their disapproval on this.

This was a pretty good op-ed on the matter.
http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/146223-opinion-limits-and-perceptions

lmao at his outfit :lol:
his "princess" comments were so stupid.

quite disappointing to do an episode at a place like bait and not at a resell shop like flight club. Would have loved to see him talk and choose out of a bigger selection of shoes.
Plus sponsored guests are kind of boring.

Yeah, that was a bit messy by Lewis. Was it blown out of proportion? Yeah, probably. But at the same time, he has millions of followers... need to be smarter about these things especially in this day and age. Hope his nephew won't get made fun of in school... that's my biggest concern. Kids can be mean.

Interesting to see that he's deleted a bunch of his social media stuff.

As for that vid... pretty disappointing. He was probably contractually obligated to pick only Puma kicks... and like he really needs to pay for them!

Supreme LV overalls? Heh.

Back
Top Bottom