F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I appreciated Nando when he was with McLaren. The guy was fast AF, but brought so much baggage with him and wasn't great for the team as a whole. In fact, it can get quite toxic. I don't get why he would go to Renault at this point. They're a midfield team right now and even if they were to improve a lot, they still wouldn't be close enough to the top 3. Like Seb, he should be looking for top-team seats at this stage in his career.

I appreciated Nando when he was with McLaren. The guy was fast AF, but brought so much baggage with him and wasn't great for the team as a whole. In fact, it can get quite toxic. I don't get why he would go to Renault at this point. They're a midfield team right now and even if they were to improve a lot, they still wouldn't be close enough to the top 3. Like Seb, he should be looking for top-team seats at this stage in his career.

Quite toxic? Didn’t he snitch on his own team? :lol:

He did in '08. But even during his last stint with McLaren, he disrespected Honda quite badly. Burned those bridges and played a part in ruining the partnership. Not saying he was the cause and not saying Honda are innocent bystander, but he added a lot of unnecessary stress to the situation.

EDIT '07, I mean.

He did in '08. But even during his last stint with McLaren, he disrespected Honda quite badly. Burned those bridges and played a part in ruining the partnership. Not saying he was the cause and not saying Honda are innocent bystander, but he added a lot of unnecessary stress to the situation.

Yeah I remember the GP2 engine comment. Snitching on his own team takes the cake though, doesn’t get anymore toxic than that :lol:

Frankly, I was surprised he was able to make amends with Ron Dennis... he he did work very hard during the McLaren-Honda project... remember him pushing the car back to the pits after Q... but for all his talent and speed, there was just too much baggage that came along with it. I guess a lot of champions have that side of them.

Unfortunately, this could just be the start of things.
"The Mighty McLaren" feeling it already... surely it's gotta be tougher for teams like Williams, Haas, etc. Gene Haas was looking to re-evaluate their F1 program after this season, and that was before the Covid. There were even rumors of Renault (the automotive parent) possibly collapsing.

Apparently it's only 70 from the F1 team which would coincide with the new budget cap.

The roadside car department is the one who will be hit hard with no one or less people buying cars because of the pandemic.

Got sacked from the real team for cheating in a video game and has to pay 10K on top.

I wouldn't be able to face my parents after that one :lol:

What an idiot. When sponsors and money are involved, you obey the rules.

Audi was dropping Abt at the end of the season regardless, this just moves up the timeline and gives them a good reason to do it

Back
Top Bottom