F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Reading the protest by Renault. I don't think it would go anywhere.

They're focusing on the brake ducts which Mercedes were allowed to sell to Racing Point in 2019 but can't in 2020.
There's nothing to stop RP from reverse engineering or putting up CAD designs of the 2019 brake ducts and showing that to the FIA and saying they designed it from the ground up with some tweaks.

Also brake ducts change from race to race so whichever one the FIA sealed from Mercedes might not even match what RP are using this year.

I thought Renault had something more concrete but looks like they don't really but lets see how it goes.

Honestly, I'm surprised how it took so long for a team to copy Mercedes.
Everyone has been going the Newey direction with the high rake philosophy and have been saying it's only the PU giving Mercedes the edge while doing a disservice to their chassis.
I would argue that the Merc chassis has been the best for the majority of the hybrid era.

Leclerc takes out himself and his team mate. No penalty and no penalty points.
Perez did what Hamilton did a week ago. No penalty no points.
Stroll pushed and overtook off track. No penalty

Thank goodness there's a race this week to take my mind of the incompetence.

LOL... no way Lance would lose his seat! :lol:

If true, I feel for Checo... he's been very solid for the team all these years.

didn't they offer Lance's seat to Alonso?

I think Will Buxton said something to that effect on F1 TV recently, he tried to interview Lance but he was just giving him short answers. I can definitely see Lawrence dumping his son for Vettel though, it's the better business decision. He could get Lance a seat at Williams or Haas to keep him occupied in F1. Pairing Perez with Vettel would be great for Aston Martin imo especially if the car winds up being faster than Ferrari next year :lol:

Honestly with the performance of that car. I would take it if I were Vettel.

My respect for Lawrence will increase 100 fold if he dumped his son. :lol:
It makes sense to come out swinging as Aston Martin with a fast car to help the brand and Perez/Vettel will be a sick lineup.

I'm reading rumours that people think it's Stroll that will make way for Vettel.
Perez brings in lots of money and Papa Stroll will be under pressure to deliver good results once branded as Aston Martin.

It could be happening.

Also, I expected these to be more premium :lol:
After seeing all those expensive motor homes, I didn't expect it to be just 4 planks of wood on wheels :lol:

1594825262282.png

What a shame for Checo after all he's been through with the team.

Why is everyone so mad :lol:
Maybe it's the V8's being too loud but tempers are flaring :lol:

They did Lewis dirty this race. Man 2011 was just not his year.

Only 4 drivers in that race are on the grid today.

I had forgotten how mad that race was. Jenson doing what he does best... reading a drying track.

This is assuming, of course, that Williams survives another year :lol:

I know we’ve all discussed this before, but it must be tough for George to see his peers and friends getting podiums for RB, McLaren, and Ferrari while he’s driving the slowest car on the grid. I hope his patience pays off one day.

Lance probably costs much less than Checo in terms of salary and has proven he’s a competent driver. In terms of losing Checo’s sponsors, Lawrence is probably thinking that the Aston Martin name, a fast car, and a 4-time champ will bring enough sponsorship money to make up for it.

Lance probably costs much less than Checo in terms of salary and has proven he’s a competent driver. In terms of losing Checo’s sponsors, Lawrence is probably thinking that the Aston Martin name, a fast car, and a 4-time champ will bring enough sponsorship money to make up for it.
IIRC Checo had that Mexican billionaire backing him so his net salary is probably not a lot but yea Seb brings the prestige that can attract other sponsors.

After seeing Lance's overtake on Daniel, I'm not sure he's competent. :lol:
I think without his connections he wouldn't be in F1.

Checo was bringing in about $12 million with sponsors and his salary is supposedly around $8 million. Not the best financial decision to let him go but if Lawrence Stroll thinks Seb is the right move then 🤷‍♂️

After seeing Lance's overtake on Daniel, I'm not sure he's competent. :lol:
I think without his connections he wouldn't be in F1.
After watching the onboards of all three cars, yeah, Daniel has a legitimate gripe. They'll be addressing it tomorrow during the drivers' briefing, so it'll be interesting to see what conclusions they come to.

Sure, Seb has made a lot of errors over the past couple of seasons, but I'd take him and Checo over Lance and Checo anyday. A 4x WDC is still a 4x WDC.

That's what I thought Papa Stroll and his consortium should've done but now to keep baby stroll in, they will have to break Checo's contract and pay him in the process then they'll lose his sponsor money and if he doesn't perform then they'll lose even more money from lower championship position.

I'm not a parent or billionaire so I can't put myself in his shoes :lol:
I would want the best for my son too but I would put some fear into the boy. Tell him he'll get demoted to Haas if he doesn't start getting results.
He needs to treat Lance the same way Marko treats his Red Bull drivers.

Back
Top Bottom