F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

lewis' purple helmet with the black mercedes is probably one of the sickest combos ever.

Screenshot_20200716-200832_Instagram.jpg

too fire 🔥🔥🔥

Apparently, Renault spent 3 months gathering evidence and whatnot. And they wouldn't have protested if they didn't have some degree of confidence in their findings. Imagine if this ruling affects Seb's seat for '21.

if they're alleging that mercedes actually sent them drawings and info, mercedes is in trouble too, right?

if they're alleging that mercedes actually sent them drawings and info, mercedes is in trouble too, right?

From what I understand, Mercedes were allowed to sell RP brake ducts in 2019 but not in 2020 so what's to stop them taking it apart, reverse engineer it and make some CAD drawings of it for this year.

Yea you can't copy brake ducts from pictures but if you had the actual brake ducts themselves then you can take it apart.

I been bad mouthing Stroll but him Gasly, Russell and Lewis are the stars of qualifying for me.

Mercedes are something else. The direction change and speed Lewis took into turn 4 or 5 was immense.

Mercedes 1 -2-3-4 :lol:
Renault will not be happy.

Red Bull were nowhere and Albon especially was embarrassing but I think the car is tricky to drive and set up.

Yeah because they have an active suspension system disguised as a steering upgrade :rolleyes

I don't think I've seen them use DAS on a pole lap :lol:
I would be impressed if they used it on quali laps especially at the Styrian gp last week.

the two mercedes are too nice. when they show the drivers going through turns from the cockpit, everyone fighting the steering wheel it seems. but mercedes just smooth it seems. call it a steering upgrade or active suspension...but it's nice :lol: :wink:

lewis :pimp:

The influence of DAS seems to be overestimated. They designed an absolutely brilliant car in every aspect.
I remember James Allison talking about how everyone is focused on DAS, while overlooking all the other inventions
I don't think anyone really thought it was the key to Merc's performance. They know it helps with the car, but it's not as significant as, say, the Double-Diffuser.

Star of Q.

Red Bull again slower than last year.
I know Adrian Newey gets infinite passes but when will they start to hold him responsible or do you guys think its just dodgy updates not working.

1.4 seconds is even slower than the wet quali last week.

Honestly I think them and Ferrari dropping the ball is what makes the gap to Mercedes even worse.

I laughed when Stroll said they might have the 2nd fastest car but I had to fix my face after that quali.

Back
Top Bottom