F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

There's something very wrong with Seb's car. He locked up going into Copse, which is just not supposed to happen and doubtful that it was driver error.

Interesting that both Mercs and Verstappen's had no Mediums to make a two stop work.
Well one of Bottas' mediums was damaged so he would've been compromised.

I have a feeling Red Bull with Max will try to one stop with the Mercs going for two stops.

Also good to hear that Kyvat's failure was to do with the rim and not the tyre.

I think Racing Point will come out of this a bit unscathed. 300K and 15 points is a lot for a midfield team but when you add all the advantages I think they'll be relatively happy.

They can easily design their own brake ducts and the car will still be fast.

I expect Renault to be like "You think this is over. You have activated my trap card. Reveal, Protest No.2!"

As for Nico, I hope he gets to race this time. I wouldn't feel comfortable interviewing Checo and have him walking around the paddock with his rona self. Let him recover for another week first.

EDIT:

Wow :lol:

Copy design, fined and deducted points for one race free to go for the rest of the season.

Mclaren and Renault are going to be pissed. It makes no sense.

Why not tell them to design their own.

Last edited:
I think Racing Point will come out of this a bit unscathed. 300K and 15 points is a lot for a midfield team but when you add all the advantages I think they'll be relatively happy.

They can easily design their own brake ducts and the car will still be fast.

I expect Renault to be like "You think this is over. You have activated my trap card. Reveal, Protest No.2!"

As for Nico, I hope he gets to race this time. I wouldn't feel comfortable interviewing Checo and have him walking around the paddock with his rona self. Let him recover for another week first.

EDIT:

Wow :lol:

Copy design, fined and deducted points for one race free to go for the rest of the season.

Mclaren and Renault are going to be pissed. It makes no sense.

Why not tell them to design their own.

I'd guess Renault have more protests ready for other parts of the car, and if those are successful as well it would have a much bigger impact on RP in the constructor's.

Basically a slap on the wrist. 400 grand and 15 points.... which they can make off of it up this weekend.
It was illegal, but they can continue to use it for the rest of the season. It's a joke.

Mr. Key is right...

I'd guess Renault have more protests ready for other parts of the car, and if those are successful as well it would have a much bigger impact on RP in the constructor's.

Otmar said there's no more listed parts of the car so I don't know if there is more to protest. We'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom