F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Free throw contest.

Not the first time we’ve seen these worlds collide
copertina_mclaren_suns.jpg

McLaren went all out with the USA theme…I dig it

From a business standpoint, McLaren have done a great job marketing themselves under Brown. They’re everywhere now from social media to all the Cisco ads on TV to Danny doing ESPN specials with Josh Allen

Agree with Max and Lewis on DTS.

I watch it for behind the scenes and the crispy 4K HDR.

At that point in pre season, you're starving for content so you take what you can get.

I feel that Max is insensitive to what DTS does for F1. Is it turned into scripted TV for a more exciting, dramatic view of events? Absolutely but the bigger picture is the amount of eyes that DTS puts on the main product.

i would love to see figures of viewership for your average GP pre DTS and in the years following the show’s undeniable success.

all reality TV is scripted these days, cheer up and give us what we want, Max.

It's not just Max though. They did the same thing for Lando/Carlos last season. Anyone who watched the races will know that some of the so-called 'drama' didn't happen. I def remember watching the episodes and thinking "wait, did that happen??"
That's straight up fabrication.

DTS markets itself as a behind-the-scenes show... which naturally implies that it is almost like a documentary. But when they start artificially creating a false narrative, then that's a problem. And the thing is, they didn't need to artificially create the drama. There were plenty of stories last season. Lewis getting Covid and George getting his seat for Bahrain... and having that dramatic race where he almost won... but ultimately ruined by bad pitstops. Or when Hulk came back and raced for Checo when he had Covid. All weren't mentioned.

Having watched the entire season... and then watching DTS S3... I started to wonder if they were talking about the same season. 🤷‍♂️

Anywho. Merc look unbeatable already. 😬😬😬

Seems like Merc have really fine tuned the reliability and the cornering. But RBR has Max, and that kid has the sauce.

Cant wait to not wake up at 5am :rofl:

The W12 is starting to look like the W11. That's not a good look for everyone else on track. I hope they don't end up with DNF's due killing their engines.

Looks like F1 Twitter are losing their ish over Merc's high-speed suspension trick/drop. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂
Some of them seem to be so convinced that they're cheating... when it's basic suspension dynamics.
Im not a lifelong F1 fan myself, but that is also another collateral of DTS. haha

I'm all for newer fans. If DTS brings in a whole new generation of fans, then that's great.

But the problem is that some of them come in very opinionated and very stubborn. 😅
And with a bunch of them in their echo chambers... it basically becomes impossible to change their views.

Pretty much like how everything in the world is right now... 😂😂😂

Missed FP1 but the reactions have been funny.

People saying championship over when Mercedes are chewing through engines.

what makes it spicy is that it's only a 5 grid penalty from now. The penalty is not that bad especially if you have the fastest car as a result. It's also easier to pass at Austin. Merc might do that to HAM next at Mexico or Brazil.

Nah, just a bit frustrated. It happens a lot on team radio!

Max: "I won't be giving DTS what they want anymore..."

Also Max: 🤬🤬🤬

😂😂😂

During the broadcast they only started showing it on the main straight, but in another clip SkyF1 showed after FP2, Lewis and Max were already fighting for position before T19. Would have liked to have seen the entire incident from Lewis' onboard prior to T19.

Back
Top Bottom