F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Its such a money grab.

I’ll just hold out for the eventual GA tickets

I heard there won't be any GA tickets for this first Miami race (hard limit of 80K attendance) and I just got an email that the presale is also done with, looks like they sold through all the grandstand tickets in one day. Like a Yeezy drop from back in the day :lol:

Spa, Spielberg, and Budapest are all looking really attractive now with their early bird deals and availability. Added bonus of visiting beautiful cities/countries in Europe during the summer.

Ron Dennis did a lot of great things for McLaren and had a lot of success... but Zak's leadership style and direction for the team/organization was clearly more suited to this era.

He brought McLaren back, they were buns when he took over

And he’s done a damn good job. I was hyped when they announced they would be running Mercedes PU’s this season. Low key wish they wouldn’t have given up on Honda. But that was then and this now.

Ron Dennis did a lot of great things for McLaren and had a lot of success... but Zak's leadership style and direction for the team/organization was clearly more suited to this era.

This! Love the way Zak carries himself.

Low key wish they wouldn’t have given up on Honda. But that was then and this now.

Those were some tough years. Both sides were at fault. McLaren were too damn ignorant and arrogant to think that their chassis was perfect and that it was all on Honda, while Honda was too proud and stubborn to seek outside help. I really wished the partnership worked, but it got to a point where it was just too damaged. Splitting was best for everyone involved... and that played right into the hands of RBR cuz McLaren had done all the teething problems, while Honda will have learned from their mistakes w/ McLaren. Plus RBR actually had a really good chassis. Damn shame.

Those were some tough years. Both sides were at fault. McLaren were too damn ignorant and arrogant to think that their chassis was perfect and that it was all on Honda, while Honda was too proud and stubborn to seek outside help. I really wished the partnership worked, but it got to a point where it was just too damaged. Splitting was best for everyone involved... and that played right into the hands of RBR cuz McLaren had done all the teething problems, while Honda will have learned from their mistakes w/ McLaren. Plus RBR actually had a really good chassis. Damn shame.

I can tell you’ve been a McLaren fan for minute. Thanks for the back story. I love knowing stuff like that. It’s really fascinating what I’ve missed out on all these years.

As an avid thrifter I never say no to a good deal on a Carhartt Jacket. Now to cover up the ugly embroidery. 😈

C1F61ED0-1339-4EBB-ABFD-EC6FE10C14BB.jpeg

5673E9AE-D472-4950-9647-AF07C9D6447A.jpeg

^ Respect!

But if you reallllly want to be period-correct 😅 the font on the Team McLaren patch is from the post-Marlboro era. 😬😬😬

Thanks 🙏🏽

I wasn’t trying to hard to be specific but I may seek out a more appropriate patch to fit the Marlboro/ Honda Era. It’s rather difficult to find them and more so in the sizes I need them. But I might have not looked hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom