F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Most poles at a home GP.
Most wins at a home GP.
4 wins from Schumacher.

I feel for Sainz man.

Tyre graphic that said 10% left front for Lewis was actually on point :lol:

Wasn't it 2017 when both Ferrari's got a puncture in the last stage.

Silverstone and Pirrelli is like oil and water.

It was more like .10% :lol:

Horner said Max tyre's also had a lot of cuts and that Max had been complaining of vibrations too.

Yeah, Max acknowledged that pitting was the right move in the post-race interview. Absolute masterclass from Lewis today winning on what was left of that tire, he’ll cruise to his 7th title this year.

It's easy to say Max shoulda stayed out and would have won... but everyone would have boxed given that he had the gap to Sharl and that everyone was suffering from FL problems.

Good thing Lewis already had practice.

1596381747614.png

Talk about luck, or lack of it!
Valtteri had his failure right at the start/finish, while Lewis had his at Luffield (which is, like, halfway).

The more I think about it, the more I think the tyres were at fault and not debris.

1596450743858.png

Hamilton's right front looked like it was on it's last legs too.

Sainz and Bottas complaining about vibrations as well laps before probably means it was the tyres unless there's some curb or particular part in the track that's just sharp.

In a podcast I listen to they think it could also have been that patch of grass that every driver was dipping their front wheel on after becketts and onto hanger straight.

Also remember there was meant to be new tyres this year for these cars with all the extra downforce but the teams rejected it.

I'm expecting 2 to 3 stops next race which should spice things up.

I think the teams just overran the tyres. They all boxed on L14 when Danii had that crash... effectively forcing everyone to attempt a 1-stopper on the C1. That's +40 laps, which might have been asking for too much. Pirelli targeted a standard 1-stopper would have been on L18-22 and yes, there were a few laps under the SC, but ultimately, I think they probably asked too much from the tyres.

Hearing that Pirelli are investigating the issue and might not change the compounds for SS2. I hope not, cuz this would spice things up. And that's coming a McLaren fan whose pitstops haven't been great this season!

I can't see Merc winning every race. I think they have the pace to but it won't happen.
Albon could've won the first race and Max was 6 seconds away from winning this one.

Imola has only one practice session as well.
Race could be chaotic.

I've lost track of the records :lol:
I think the Podium one is the closest.

Back
Top Bottom