Failed a Physical Test for a Job

I posted a lil over a week ago about a job interview i was having. Well I got the job problem is I failed a physical examination. I dont wanna make excuses for myself but i came in there unprepared. I thought I was only required to do a drug screening so I went to the health center in some tight fitting jeans and vans. All in all, I completed all the tasks easily till the very last which was a vertical lift of only 75lbs from 15" to 43" i completed 75 to 15" and 21" and i guess by the last task I just gave up mentally which caused me to show weakness and the nurse saw I was struggling. I completed the task which required me to do it 5 times but i guess the nurse just saw I was struggling and failed me. Well I'm not sure if I'll even still have this job but what should I expect now? Has this ever happened to any one? My manager tells me to wait till tomorrow, and i'm trying to stay positive but i'm starting to lose hope. :rolleyes I ain't gonna lie bros i'm feeling really unmotivated since I found out i failed. things were looking real good till I got the phone call from a coworker about this situation.

Last edited:
There is no excuse for being weak physically or mentally.

You feeling unmotivated after failure shows me how mentally weak you are. You should be even more motivated after failure.

Last edited:
There is no excuse for being weak physically or mentally.

You feeling unmotivated after failure shows me how mentally weak you are. You should be even more motivated after failure.
you're right. and during the test i thought i had it in the bag and on that last task i just showed too much weakness. I wasn't hungry enough. I really hope I can get a 2nd chance to retake the test.

What was the job? Sucks you couldn't finish maybe try and get a second physical idk.
its at PPG retail store selling paint. I would've had to sometimes lift 5 gallon paint containers and stack them. Thing is, I can lift that with no problem.

no where on here was i told about a physical examination. its new to the hiring screening so my manager didnt mention it to me either. View media item 341479 and this was the test. View media item 341480what are the odds you guys think at having a 2nd chance to take this examination?? I been doing more push ups lately and little upper body strength exercises btw incase i did get a 2nd chance. also will rub icy hot all on my back before the examination too :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man...
yeah man like i was relying on that job so much. hope i get a 2nd chance and yeah i do need to do dead lifts all i been focusing on is cardio and ive lost a lot of muscle mass. i went from 240 lbs to 160 fluctuating 165. i coulda easily passed that test in the past but i hate that i even struggled at the end.

I failed my first PT for a Corrections job :lol:

22 pushups in 1 minute = check

2 mile run in 17 mins. = check

30 pushups in 1 minute = :stoneface:

It was the time that killed me on the sit-ups. I was at #25 when the sergeant said "time." A minute goes by quick when you're doing sit ups. I'm used to doing them in a controlled motion. Dudes after me were bouncing their backs off the ground.

I was >:

Last edited:
I failed my first PT for a Corrections job :lol:

22 pushups in 1 minute = check

2 mile run in 17 mins. = check

30 pushups in 1 minute = :stoneface:

It was the time that killed me on the sit-ups. I was at #25 when the sergeant said "time." A minute goes by quick when you're doing sit ups. I'm used to doing them in a controlled motion. Dudes after me were bouncing their backs off the ground.

I was >:
damb yo. i know that feel bro; get down to the very last test and you just fail :smh: so did you get a 2nd chance?

Last edited:
That failed test was in September. They just called me two weeks ago for my "second chance." I'm all set with being a CO now though. Blessing in disguise I guess. But that day I was super disappointed.
congrats man. i hope i get that 2nd chance too. waiting to hear back tomorrow and trying to stay positive. cant be weak minded like another nt member mentioned :lol: its what brought and kept me down a lot in the past :rolleyes

no where on here was i told about a physical examination. its new to the hiring screening so my manager didnt mention it to me either. View media item 341479 and this was the test. View media item 341480what are the odds you guys think at having a 2nd chance to take this examination?? I been doing more push ups lately and little upper body strength exercises btw incase i did get a 2nd chance. also will rub icy hot all on my back before the examination too :lol:

Was it IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION?! They usually place it there.

Do you even lift, brah?
Smh...
nah i dont lift. i used to be 240 lbs and been working on cardio over the year now im down to 160-165 just working on getting lean and the test wasnt listed in the job description, just asked if i can lift 75 lbs or more. during the interview i was asked can i as well and i even lifted the heaviest 5 gallon paint container there just to see how it felt. i can lift 75lbs+ easily, i dunno what happened during the exam

Last edited:
Dont worry op. If they dont give you the job, you'll work through it and manage to land work somewhere else.

Most people get rejected at least once when they apply for jobs so just remember that you're not the only one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom