Fake Check: Nike SB Tiffanys

get tagged pics of the toe box, tongue, heel, insole, and inside tag. 

legit and fake tiffs are as clear as night and day. the pics can be bigger though but from what i see in the pic, the color is legit. usually fake tiffs has an off color like an off hue of the tiffany color, croc pattern is usually dull and has a matte finish, and stitching is usually really bad also the swoosh is typically fat and misshapen. on these swoosh looks good, colors check out, croc patterns on point, clean stitching, correct pink box. but to play it safe OP can get tongue tag and closer pic of the box tag.

legit and fake tiffs are as clear as night and day. the pics can be bigger though but from what i see in the pic, the color is legit. usually fake tiffs has an off color like an off hue of the tiffany color, croc pattern is usually dull and has a matte finish, and stitching is usually really bad also the swoosh is typically fat and misshapen. on these swoosh looks good, colors check out, croc patterns on point, clean stitching, correct pink box. but to play it safe OP can get tongue tag and closer pic of the box tag.

Not at all.

I've seen fake Tiffs deemed legit on this very forum. And, I've seen even, in person, better fakes than those that passed

If those are the only fake Tiffs you've seen, then you've never seen a good fake. There are pairs that are perfectly on point and the only signs are the zoom air bags, or the lack of slope of the main pod on the sole.

We didn't even see a tongue tag - there are basically only 2 dates for legit Tiffs, and the date needs to touch the bar code. So many pieces of missing info here.

Again, they may turn out to be legit, but there's far from enough evidence to be sure.

Last edited:
Not at all.

I've seen fake Tiffs deemed legit on this very forum. And, I've seen even, in person, better fakes than those that passed

If those are the only fake Tiffs you've seen, then you've never seen a good fake. There are pairs that are perfectly on point and the only signs are the zoom air bags, or the lack of slope of the main pod on the sole.

We didn't even see a tongue tag - there are basically only 2 dates for legit Tiffs, and the date needs to touch the bar code. So many pieces of missing info here.

Again, they may turn out to be legit, but there's far from enough evidence to be sure.
well OP probably never copped anyway but i searched the seller up and dude has a pretty legit feedback score, but of course you're probably gonna state it's still not enough evidence..:rolleyes anyhow i seen fakes with zoom air units in the insoles before too.

http://myworld.ebay.com/dreadpiratezach/

Last edited:
well OP probably never copped anyway but i searched the seller up and dude has a pretty legit feedback score, but of course you're probably gonna state it's still not enough evidence..:rolleyes anyhow i seen fakes with zoom air units in the insoles before too.

http://myworld.ebay.com/dreadpiratezach/

Feedback generally means nothing because most people are unable to tell the difference between good fakes and legit pairs. But, looking more into the seller definitely gives clues. This guy is registered member of NT/ISS. You can look to see if any other auctions look suspicious to you - don't rely on feedback from past auctions alone. These are all clues, but still essentially "circumstantial evidence."

I mean, you don't agree that it's pretty hard to say with certainty that a pair of a shoe that's been as faked as much as Tiffs is legit without even seeing a picture of the tongue tag?

I set the bar even higher when doing a legit check for somebody else than I do for my own purchases. I might be reasonably sure and feel comfortable enough to take what might be a small risk myself, but if I'm giving somebody else the green light to pay major bucks for a pair of shoes, I want to be absolutely certain.

link to said legit looking fake tiffs? :nerd:

I'll see if I can dig up pics. I think I may have some on an external drive somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom