Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

The first is an average movie, pretty standard action flick, bad dialogue, cheesy acting, etc. It's a beloved because it's so awful and so corny that it becomes funny. It's the bones for the rest of the franchise and what made me a fan. The over the top action, corny dialogue, it was so bad it was good. It'll always have a special place in my heart and rankings.

The first is an average movie, pretty standard action flick, bad dialogue, cheesy acting, etc. It's a beloved because it's so awful and so corny that it becomes funny. It's the bones for the rest of the franchise and what made me a fan. The over the top action, corny dialogue, it was so bad it was good. It'll always have a special place in my heart and rankings.

Naw the first was loved, because.....let’s be Pharrell....rice burners. Import tuning was huge at the time and F&F was the cherry on top.

Naw the first was loved, because.....let’s be Pharrell....rice burners. Import tuning was huge at the time and F&F was the cherry on top.
yup
at the time of the movies release I had a 97 eclipse GST
my Boy drove a 97 integra type R
other homie had 99 3000 mitsubishi GT
and I can't remember the year but my boy of over 16 years drove a lancer
so when we pulled up to 2fast and saw Rome and Brian drove an eclipse and lancer(obviously different years) we were like :pimp:

I remember when I had that eclipse one co worker would be like "I KNOW you act out parts from the first one while you're driving, like you start driving sideways like Brian did in his first race, roll up to a meet and just stand in front of you car, or you be at the stadium parking lot practicing, I know I would be."

its Betta than 3, and 8

Can’t even get with you in 3 being the worse one . 3 was actually about racing “ drifting “ the backbone of Series. It had a nice little plot too. 5 and after is when it got over the top . I think 5 is the goat in the series .

If yall like the racing aspect of it cool. Three was still horrible. Acting by whoever the white guy was and Bow Wow was laughable:lol:

I've spent the past week watching every Fast and the Furious film, for some reason. I'll just give my thoughts on each film...

The Fast and the Furious - It's basically Point Break with street racing instead of surfing.
It also looks like an early 2000s time capsule with the clothes and the music. :lol:

2 Fast 2 Furious - A movie title that rivals Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo in hilarious sequel names. :lol:
I liked when Tyrese said "Ejecto seato, cuz!" that his best line in all the of F&F films he was in.
Also, Eva Mendes was looking good. The rest of the film was trash.

Tokyo Drift - Lucas Black and his hick *** Alabama accent was the worst thing about this film. (Worse than Lil' Bow Wow.)
If it weren't for the Vin Diesel cameo at the end, you'd never know that it was a Fast and the Furious film.
On the flip side, Han was cool and Sonny Chiba as a Japanese Don Fanucci was awesome.

Fast & Furious - It felt like big budget version of the first film, more or less. It might actually be worse than Tokyo Drift.

Fast Five
- The best film in the franchise and it's the only one that I would actually watch a second time.
The whole heist set-up, bringing back characters from the previous films and adding The Rock as the antagonist really gave this film a much needed dynamic.

Fast & Furious 6 - Almost as good as Fast Five.

Furious 7 -
I'll admit, I got a little emotional at the end when I realized that was it for Paul Walker. :frown:
I felt that Paul Walker (not Vin Diesel) was the heart of the franchise. His absence in 8 was a real indicator of that.
I did like how they connected Tokyo Drift to the rest of the franchise, but that doesn't make Tokyo Drift better though.
30-something Lucas Black (who looked about 45) trying to pretend to be a 17-year old with that receding hairline was hilarious.

The Fate of the Furious - Way too over the top (like Hobbs pushing over a damn torpedo). It was borderline comedy.
Scott "Son of Clint" Eastwood as the Brian stand-in wasn't doing it for me.
I also got a little tired of Vin Diesel in this one.
I know some people were mad that Shaw turned face and joined the Furious, but who really wants to keep rooting against Jason Statham? Dude's just too badass. Just look that prison break scene and the plane sequence with the baby. Now I know why Hobbs and Shaw are getting their own spin-off.

5 and 1 are my 2 faves. Tokyo drift definitely not the worst, thats easily 2 fast

Can’t even get with you in 3 being the worse one . 3 was actually about racing “ drifting “ the backbone of Series. It had a nice little plot too. 5 and after is when it got over the top . I think 5 is the goat in the series .

dmviMAS.gif

My boy who lives in corona(who also owned that Lancer from my previous post)
is doing a tour of the locations from the first movie.
sent me pics from
Bob's Market(which was "Torretto's" in the film)
and the Torretto household.

pretty dope, but it's funny because these are actual places with nobody really around, so he just looks funny standing in front of the market or the house

I remember watching a bootleg of the FF1 before it released in theaters and was so juiced to see imports in a movie.

Then I went to the local theater opening night and it was a straight up car show lol

The 1st is a cultural icon because of how it boosted street car culture.

I think the first movie is what took street racing to mainstream. I used to go to Hunts Point to watch the races back in High School and the difference in the crowds were literally night and day from before the movie, compared to after.

The movie helped make Imports more popular, but it also helped increase the amount of "rice" so it was both a gift and a curse. But it definitely is tied to the import scene of the early 2000's when looking back.

I remember them talking about that in the og DVD bonus feature and remember thinking the cars in the movie didn't look anything like the POS cars they used to race with in nyc:lol:

I wouldn't say it boosted it, in fact it piggy backed off the 'import' tuning scene that was already prevalent at the time.
Naw it took import tuning to the next level as far as desire to be apart of it and exposure. Like Jay said, the before and after was different. I've seen a few solid cars guys attribute their start to F&F too.

Naw it took import tuning to the next level as far as desire to be apart of it and exposure. Like Jay said, the before and after was different. I've seen a few solid cars guys attribute their start to F&F too.
I also didn't know much about tuning or street racing when ff1 dropped. I remember going to some illegal races in high school and wondering why no one popped their hoods, girls didn't spray paint a starting line and it wasn't this massive party lol. Good times though.

I'll agree with you that it took the import tuning scene mainstream for better and worse.

The whole premise of the film came from a 1998 Vibe article about illegal street racing in New York.

https://www.vibe.com/2015/03/racer-...eth-li-fast-and-furious-inspiration-may-1998/

Estevez, a 30-year-old Dominican drag racer from Washington Heights, is considered an OG among a growing legion of young speed junkies terrorizing the back alleys, highways, and legal racetracks around New York City.

now ya ain't gotta ask why there's so much reggaeton in these movies :lol: :pimp:

Never thought there would be racing in new york based on how y'all be saying you don't need a car out there.

Back
Top Bottom