Fat Joe Is NOT A Legend

vintage fits ^ doesn't bow wow and wayne do that? and probably ross, jeezy, florida, plies, shawty lo, rocko, franchise boys,yung berg, game and 70% ofartist period?? no disrespect i rock wit em but u can tell alot of that +*@ is ghostwritin go back to there first mixtape before they album and they sound,talk, act wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different, joe been on the same tip since day 1 i sell crack, bx ts, i get money and got all the jays, and im boriqua, pretty muchsame @%#* since flow joe

I think it's safe to say that Fat Joe is NOT a legend according to the majority of NT....so lock this please...

I seriously dont see why anybody has the desire to argue about Fat Joe so much
go back to there first mixtape before they album and they sound, talk, act wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different, joe been on the same tip since day 1 i sell crack, bx ts, i get money and got all the jays, and im boriqua, pretty much same @%#* since flow joe
yeah ok
eyes.gif
..Joe has kept it soooo original hasnt he?

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

Joey is a legend...First Hardcore Latino Rap artist, inspired probably 85% of the new latino artist and pun, Really the first guy that was on a major to go indie, had a movement before crews like gunit and dipset etc.. besides ruff ryders, rocafella, death row, bad boy, no limit, it was really only Terror Squad. Now everybody has a label and movement. DITC, gets cosigned by legends like krs-one all the time. Even the greats like rakim fell off but joey still be in the game every year since like 1993.wheres onyx? canibus? epmd? uncle luke? all those peoples in his era? when was the last time u heard a banger from them? honestly?

Not saying he is thee best rapper.. but from his era that are around still wu tang? love em to death album was straight garbage, mobb deep? feel off oh so hard, scarface he doing something but nothing major, dr.dre comes every decade with a album no disrespect, snoop? been sold out has club and suburb hits but nothing gutter on some rick james/tpain $*%, master p where is he at? on some i dont curse $*%, the lox? hopefully they come out, camron? finding nemo... who else has the radio on smash doing shows ringtone money from the early 90s???

come on are you serious? so he's one of the 1st latinos to blow up so that makes him a legend? with that logic, jin or southstar are going to be legendsbecause they are one of the few asian hip hop artists to break into the mainstream. its all good to be proud about your heritage but dont let it blind you fromthe truth...

wu tang are considered legends because they created a blue print for east coast artists to follow. that dark, gritty production that made mobb deep big waspopularized by RZA. the mafiaso personalities that fat joe, nas, jay-z, etc was introduced by Kool G Rap but made widespread by Raekwon. wu tang clan made itcool to have different personalities and mafia nicknames like tony stark, lou diamond, bobby steels, noodles, maximillion, etc etc.

dr. dre almost literally single handedly took the spot light that was on the east coast and focused it on the west coast. after the chronic was released,the whole orientation of hip hop shifted out west. dre = the west coast sound during the 90's. snoop dogg's "doggystyle" was the definitivealbum that KEPT that spotlight on the west coast. before these two gentle men's classics, the west coast was looked upon as a joke on the music scene

now what has fat joe done to be on legendary status. DITC was a dope collective but they didnt get much done like wu tang clan. fat joe has one VERY goodalbum under his belt but its not considered a classic by anyone i ever spoken to or communicated with through the internet except ninjahood. joe's been inthe game a long time and thats good but he's no wu tang, dre, or snoop dogg.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I like Joe, and he might not be a legend to hardcore hip-hop fans but I respect him in the sense that he has been an inspration to other Latino rappers because of his mainstream success.

im not even about to argue with you peasants but Joey IS a legend. Im not sayin hes top 10 but at the end of the day he put in his work to ATLEAST beconsidered that

^x rico suave, he was the FIRST latino rapper, and hardcore rapper, TS first album classic, big pun first album classic. me, myself, and i better then jayslast 2 albums and nas's and snoops, better then wus last one, don cartegna, loyalty mad dope, jose really nice. he is a legend, might not be the best onebut def. is.

If anything Dre did his thang but def. sold out with eminem and 50, chronic 2001 was a great album but people sweated it wayyyyy to hard. what about his 2ndlp? aftermath straight GARBAGE. Snoop been sold out since No Limit. Wu tang new album sell out straight #+$. Like i said who since the early/mid 90s is stillcoming with hits? I see nobodies. Gravel pit? was #+$ that was like 6 years ago. SNoop? drop it like its hot commerical $*%? Dre bringin us probably thebiggest d-ridah rapper ever created game? please. Fat joe is nooo where near the best but is a legend in hip hop.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

vintage fits ^ doesn't bow wow and wayne do that? and probably ross, jeezy, florida, plies, shawty lo, rocko, franchise boys,yung berg, game and 70% of artist period?? no disrespect i rock wit em but u can tell alot of that +*@ is ghostwritin go back to there first mixtape before they album and they sound, talk, act wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different, joe been on the same tip since day 1 i sell crack, bx ts, i get money and got all the jays, and im boriqua, pretty much same @%#* since flow joe

and I respect even one of those artists?

Game I might give a listen, the rest not even.

I just don't know how some people can co-sign on certain artist and say that Joe is wack.

When comparing Joe to G-Unit, the only reasonable argument would have to be comparing him to 50.

And perhaps Buck. But personally I don't think anyone in G-Unit is better than Joe.

And to argue with a G-Unit or Joe groupie is just worthless.

u kids are corny..joey has hot *!%@.....

but banks is better than fat joe...

hes running is mouth too much..and 50 might put an end to it...his consistantcy alone will break joes neck
pimp.gif

u kids are corny..joey has hot $*$%.....

but banks is better than fat joe...

hes running is mouth too much..and 50 might put an end to it...his consistantcy alone will break joes neck
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by zona0924

whats good with all these Fat Joe threads

acting like anyone said Joe was their favorite rapper

enter Ninjahood*

laugh.gif
Dude never said anything about favorite rapper, just that Joeyrespected in the hood and make good music.

This seems like a pointless thread and I would bet that at least half the people posting never heard any Fat Joe before his days with Ja Rule so....

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

im not even about to argue with you peasants but Joey IS a legend. Im not sayin hes top 10 but at the end of the day he put in his work to ATLEAST be considered that

+1

Fat Joe been around longer then your favorite rapper ,
That depends who you ask.

First Hardcore Latino Rap artist,
Cypress Hill, Kid Frost, Chino XL, Beatnuts.............

But seriously, this topic is getting tired, lets move on.

lEGEND? Maybe at local hot dog eating contest's but not in music!! First of all how can you be a legend when all your doing is rapping what other peoplewrote for you?

DUKE NEVER BEEN NYCE.......IF EVER THERE WAS AN OUNCE IN HIM IT LEFT WHEN PUN PASSED (R.I.P.)........AND AS FAR AS A LEGEND........LETS JUST SAY ILL TAKE AHEAVENLY PUN OVER FLOW JOE ANY DAY......JUST SHOT HIM A FAIR ONE.....AYEEEEE!!

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Fat Joe been around longer then your favorite rapper ,
That depends who you ask.

First Hardcore Latino Rap artist,
Cypress Hill, Kid Frost, Chino XL, Beatnuts.............

But seriously, this topic is getting tired, lets move on.

Chino XL was cosigned by rick rubin came out in 96 got dissed by pac in 96 and hasnt been heard since, never sold any records was never ever hot maybe 1 or2 songs and i doubt that. Cypress hill was a group and haven't came with heat since the new millennium there on sunset ave bud shops chefin on rock nroll thats about it. Kid frost was a Chicano rapper had one hit la raza got smashed by ice t and singed to easy e and that about it no hits not even aroundanymore. Beatnuts mad love havent heard them since pun was around and there first hit was with Fat Joe on his first cd Represent.. all in all all 4 of thosementioned cypress hill is more of a rock band, kid frost chicano rap doesnt even count and no where to be found, chino xl got 15 seconds of fame cuz pac wenton him, beatnuts are producers that came up with joe..... you really cant battle that fact goto joes new cd listen to track 11 hear krs-one cosign him thenhear premo ride with him on track 12 and lets dead this..he is a legend in hip hop period..

Back
Top Bottom