Favorite NAS song

..... this is a very difficult choice, i am going to go with Nas Is like, but that opinion will change by the time i am done typing this sentence, and withthat cue I am now going with War is Necessary... Idk...

a9ohlu.gif

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

smh.gif
@ me being the first to post this.

Code:
Your part of the world, might be like colors and gangsWhile on my side, brothers'll murder for different thingsBut it all revolve around drugs, fame and shortiesStuck for your bling, stripped for your chain, the same storyFrom, Czechoslovakia to Texas metropolisThem, treacherous rocksters in the Mexican mafiasBe scrappin with tats on they back, violent warsNothin less than a lethal injection if ever caughtCourtrooms, eagles and flags, American styleWhile in our world, the ghetto stays incredibly foulWatchin for paint chips, don't want no led in yo' childBut them gangstas put lead in yo' child, the bezzy be outThe chain be like a hundred KShinin since Roxanne Shante' made "Runaway"; that's been a minuteGenesis is deep, my features are that of a GodIt's not a facade it's a fact, these rappers wanna be NasMy Exodus doesn't existI'll never leave the streets, it's all in my mindEven with sleep I'm duckin nines in my dreamsSi-rens, wide awake, why'd I think it would changeCan't hide when you famous or even try to do the same things likeSomebody's always watchin, my lifeBefore I, walk out the door I size up every optionEyes cut every direction, it's like God or gunsWhich is better protection?  Can't decide, that's a hard oneI mean they wanna see me in prison, the chains bamboozledHeadline readin "Rapper Slain From a Man Shootin".......

smh.gif
pimp.gif

It's way too hard to limit it to just one. Memory Lane, NY State of Miind, Life's a $+%!$, and The World is Yours are my favorites off of Illmatic, andit's always real random but one of them suddenly becomes my favorite Nas song on a random time for no reason. so probably one of those 4 is my favorite...

an underrated song (just to throw it out there) IMO is "Small World"

My enemies want sorta the same respect I was born with
Godson, tatted on my chest it's permanent
The rap Albert Anastasia; you cowards
Y'all want the crown from the black power man of Asia
Snap out your dreams and prayers of takin a king's paper
Ask another rapper how it feels to lose his whole gangsta (How it feel?)
pimp.gif

Youse a no namesta - ya little mans is no threat
You make me upset I might stank ya (blastin)
Inc. is the Murdah, Ill Will merger let my cash
make sex with yo' cash, it can't hurt us
Phones ringing off the hook, Bush and Bloomberg callin me constant
Streets wanna know the cause of that gossip
Nas is lord of the projects 'til the coffins drop
in the ocean like a Amistad slave overboat when
It's a new day ya should be scared I'm back with Stoute
Southside, Queensbridge, the hood's in here

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I never brag abut how real I keep it because its the illiest secret...

Take it in Blood
pimp.gif

This man knows his stuff. Best Nas track hands down. Runner ups would be the Flyest and Essence. AZ kills Nas on every track he's on.

I almost forgot Affirmitive Action. Word

it was a main source joint but... STILL... live from the BBQ is one of my all time favs... nas hits the ground runnin on this joint straight up.

Back
Top Bottom