Fess up - who went and saw Tyler Perry's new movie?

This garbage outdid everything last week by almost 4 times.

01. Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail $41,030,947 $41,030,947
02. Coraline $11,432,124 $53,766,843
03. Taken $11,281,262 $95,034,161
04. He's Just Not That Into You $8,558,225 $70,100,901
05. Slumdog Millionaire $8,384,680 $98,354,395
06. Friday the 13th (2009) $7,942,472 $55,119,663
07. Paul Blart: Mall Cop $6,821,377 $121,200,930
08. Confessions of a Shopaholic $6,742,778 $27,378,049
09. Fired Up $5,483,778 $5,483,778
10. The International $4,463,916 $17,031,200

Who in god's name is seeing this crap? This guy has to be the least talented,least funny, yet somehow still successful guy of all time. 41 million dollar opening? For THAT crap?

Who is paying to see this trash? i want names!
sick.gif

Who do you think went and saw it? Supporting garbage and ****ery is whats up now a days.

i saw it cause my girl wanted to see it... joint was sold out too...

Keisha Knight Pulliam was
pimp.gif

Craftsy21 wrote:

Who in god's name is seeing this crap? This guy has to be the least talented, least funny, yet somehow still successful guy of all time. 41 million dollar opening? For THAT crap?

Who is paying to see this trash? i wan
How can you hate on someone like that? There are certain people who like his work and you arent one of them. GET OVER IT! That's like meknocking The Harry Potter series..I don't watch it but there is someone in the world who will...Come on now...

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Craftsy21 wrote:

Who in god's name is seeing this crap? This guy has to be the least talented, least funny, yet somehow still successful guy of all time. 41 million dollar opening? For THAT crap?

Who is paying to see this trash? i wan
How can you hate on someone like that? There are certain people who like his work and you arent one of them. GET OVER IT! That's like me knocking The Harry Potter series..I don't watch it but there is someone in the world who will...Come on now...

I honestly don't know ONE person who likes his work... i don't know anyone that's ever said a nice thing about the man. In fact,I've been asked the same question I ask here by other people. Nobody seems to know anyone who is going to see these movies, yet he keeps making them andapparently doing well enough to continue making new ones.

So who are these millions of people that enjoy his work?

im not into his movies cuz i dont find the humor and the storylines are weak. i went and saw it only cuz the chick i was with wanted to go.

I dont know anyone who likes Tyler Perry. His show sucks. His movies suck. How does he keep making money?

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont know anyone who likes Tyler Perry. His show sucks. His movies suck. How does he keep making money?
I was wondering that too

I guess there's people out there who love that crispity crunchity humor

His audience is mostly black women, older guys and couples. Women turn out in flocks to see his stuff. I would be willing to bet a lot of you guy's parentsfinds his stuff funny. I've been talking to a different chick when everyone of his movies came out and I was forced to see all of them so I'm familiarwith his audience. My current girlfriend wanted to see it but I told her I wasn't a fan of his work so she didn't want to make me sit through somethingI didn't want to see.

Um, I dont pay to see movies unless its gonna be ultra fire, but still TP has talent...dude is funny no matter how much you wanna hate on his gay self. You canhonestly say you have seen madea and not bust out laughing??

maybe its a southern black thing...i donnow...but dude is mad funny to me

I mean, a lot of people here are gonna say its ****ery or this and that because of Ben Ballers blog. And I think Ben made some good points. However, I thinkits highly hypocritical for a lot of cats to say Tyler Perry is so detrimental to the image of the Black community...yet at the same time, they also love andregularly support/listen to rap music. If you want to be FOR positive portrayals of the Black community, thats fine. But do it all the way. Don't pick andchoose what you criticize based on what someone on NikeTalk said...

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Um, I dont pay to see movies unless its gonna be ultra fire, but still TP has talent...dude is funny no matter how much you wanna hate on his gay self. You can honestly say you have seen madea and not bust out laughing??

maybe its a southern black thing...i donnow...but dude is mad funny to me
Yes, I can honestly say I have seen madea and not bust out laughing. The comedy in his movies and tv show are terrible.

The fat black dude who wears small clothes and pernounces all his words wrong is funny
laugh.gif

My girl loves his movies but to me like someone said the plots be lame

Back
Top Bottom