Filesonic, Fileserve and others are dead, update 1/24 MediaFire CEO speaks

They don't need SOPA.
laugh.gif

Anyways I'm not really worried about any of this. You can't stop piracy obviously.

Keep it coming, I want to see more.

Its sad that they killing all of these sharing sites, yet hit like wshh still goes on and stronger then ever. Um i wonder why....?

January 24, 2012
[h3]Was Megaupload's Almost-Launched Megabox Service Better for Artists Than Spotify? Busta Rhymes Thought So...[/h3]
Digital Music News |Read Full Story >

First a report, published in December, on Megaupload’s imminent launch of their Megabox platform, from Digital Music News:
There’s another gigantic wrinkle in the MegaUpload drama…

It’s called MegaBox, and it’s already up in beta with listed partners 7digital, Gracenote, Rovi, and Amazon MP3.

Actually, this is technically a relaunch of an earlier concept, and a perfect re-stab at major label opponents. “UMG knows that we are going to compete with them via our own music venture called Megabox.com, a site that will soon allow artists to sell their creations directly to consumers while allowing artists to keep 90 percent of earnings,

Originally Posted by RawSheed

looks like it really is back to mIRC, or AOL chatrooms with people uploading files to servers
laugh.gif
that was the cool thing to do back in the day

i'd actually like going back to mIRC
laugh.gif

Things got sloppy. People could find links on Google. Honestly this will die down, but it will go back to being more secretive. They cant stop it they know it but this was a huge blow. At the end its like anything they blow it up, months later no one cares and things go back to normal. But they will get the masses to purchase music again and that is what they want.

Also why are people even mentioning the next site thats going to pop after MU. People read these forums.

Man, that Megaupload song by Will.I.Am and company really started something.

Must admit that joint was kinda catchy.

Its about to be over official government takeover has begun if it didnt already.

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

We'll be back though. Stronger than ever.
Truth. You guys gotta start viewing the glass as half full instead of half empty. Illegal filesharing has come to a halt but it's only temporary. The creators of this world have to go back to the drawing board to begin disrupting industry through the proliferation of better ideas than just making copyrighted material widely available on the internet. Kim Dotcom got indicted because he stole these companies appetizers by making their material available for sharing on his platform and he was getting ready to eat their lunch with his 90/10 split label idea. Now that all these other file sharing community builders are out of work I think I know what their next project is gonna be.. 

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by RawSheed

looks like it really is back to mIRC, or AOL chatrooms with people uploading files to servers
laugh.gif
that was the cool thing to do back in the day

i'd actually like going back to mIRC
laugh.gif
Same, the real question is are there any good serves still around......EFnet?
nerd.gif

oh hell no i just noticed alott of files are going down. damnit man first napster, then morpheus, limewire...are the good ol days gone??? !*!%!

i hate torrents, just a another bs version that mimics p2p and theres like 0 seeders a million leechers

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

i hate torrents, just a another bs version that mimics p2p and theres like 0 seeders a million leechers
you need to find a private community
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

oh hell no i just noticed alott of files are going down. damnit man first napster, then morpheus, limewire...are the good ol days gone??? !*!%!

Napster went down, another site came up. The very same will happen with these file sharing sites. It might be rough for a couple of weeks, but there'll be another way to beat the system.

Edit: just read about that MegaBox thing, would've been epic. Really hope it somehow gets picked up and explodes. Could be a much more effective version of self-publishing for music.

[h2]Megaupload is DEAD, MediaFire & Filesonic Next to Shut Down?[/h2]Source: http://neffworking.com/20...esonic-next-to-shut-down

Published on January 23rd, 2012

mediafire.jpg

As the strange case of file-sharing site Megaupload continues to unfold, many wonder if the federal government will begin to clamp down on similar sites that function like Megaupload, with easy sharing and hosting of copyrighted files.

Already, two well-known file-sharing services,Uploaded.to and Filesonic have disabled several features of their sites this weekend because of the Megaupload scandal. Others are sure to follow.

But Derek Labian, CEO of popular cloud-based file-hosting site MediaFire, told VentureBeat in an interview today that he isn’t too concerned about the government going after his company because, unlike Megaupload, MediaFire doesn’t incentivize piracy.

“We don’t have a business built on copyright infringement.

Back
Top Bottom