FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

At this point, I almost want to make sure Wally secures his pairs before mine. Would be heartbreaking if he didn't get these!!

HERE YOU GO!

Nike Air Trainer SC II Infrared + Citron QS.

http://theshoegame.com/ar...citron-release-date.html

mueq06.jpg

dp739z.jpg

Finally
pimp.gif

Hopefully my spot gets them, cause usually people around here don't care for trainers. 

Negative Nancy alert..

Let me get this straight for a moment.

Citron QS vs. GR Citron.
You change the strap from dark grey to grey... perfect.
You also change the heel piece and upper lace lock from grey to white.. excellent.
You then change the plastic strap loop that was citron into white.. They are going at a great pace for making it right.
BUT YOU KEEP THE CITRON COLOR THERE?? Og's were more of a yellow color. Yes colors matter. You've made it a point with the song and dance and WAITING for me to expect perfection. You have outdone yourselves in keeping the Nike Retro brand where it currently stands... in the GUTTER. Hire some new people who actually care.
mad.gif

I said months ago that I would be fine with this sort of lack of detail on an OG GR c/w, if it was just close enough, and it is. But this is months, or decades in the making, and a LIMITED release, at that, and you provide us with that CRAP? So why the hell not just do that from the very BEGINNING?

I am just about ready to throw it all away here.. Sickening.

The aqua looks too "blue" and the citron too "green".. The whole look of that c/w is destroyed. Could it be the lighting?

What should have been a GR back in April, at this point in time in late August, both of these should be sitting around at $70-$80, instead of what could be an ugly spectacle. With the shape looking nearly identical, and the total lack of attention to detail in the citron pair, I bet the core materials are all the same. It's kinda gross to look at.

I have a couple weeks to re coop from all this., Detailed photos are for sure to come. The total lack of the attention to detail from a principle consumer stand point is making this choice rather easy.

FINALLY!  
After years and YEARS of posting threads, starting website polls and more recently a facebook page, someone has finally listened (mostly anyhow).  I remember starting threads on this shoe for years only to be ignored by the majority.  Hell, if you go back to this original thread you'll see some of the hate on this shoe.    Now, with a QS attached to it all of a sudden the beasting starts?  SMDH.  I agree Wally, the colors seem a little off and they sort of watered the shoe down a tad.  However, I will be picking both color ways up  (if I can get my hands on them).

It would be pretty sad if the two guys that went to war to have these things retro'd don't wind up being able to obtain them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

FINALLY!  
After years and YEARS of posting threads, starting website polls and more recently a facebook page, someone has finally listened (mostly anyhow).  I remember starting threads on this shoe for years only to be ignored by the majority.  Hell, if you go back to this original thread you'll see some of the hate on this shoe.    Now, with a QS attached to it all of a sudden the beasting starts?  SMDH.  I agree Wally, the colors seem a little off and they sort of watered the shoe down a tad.  However, I will be picking both color ways up  (if I can get my hands on them).

It would be pretty sad if the two guys that went to war to have these things retro'd don't wind up being able to obtain them
laugh.gif

I think Nike needs to send yall some free pairs for all of your input
pimp.gif
. I've been following the Posts and the FB threads. I really hope I can get both of these so called QS's
nerd.gif

Unlike Wally I'm not a stickler for the exact color matching, but having felt the material and build quality on these retros I'mma have to pass regardless of how much I wanted these OG colorways to release. There's no way I feel right paying $110 for those things...probably wouldn't be able to get my hands on them anyways with is Quickstrike nonsense....

Hmmmm.....tempting. Very tempting. After years of waiting for these, they're finally almost here.

I'll be damned if I pay more than retail + shipping for these though. Make them a premium shoe and I most certainly would pay more, but if these will be on the same level of quality as the GR joints....retail it is.

I'm thinking/hoping it's just the lighting on those Citrons, since it seems like Nike has been able to pump out that color combo (the one we want, that is) almost perfectly recently... I guess time will tell...

Originally Posted by Weatherman

I'm thinking/hoping it's just the lighting on those Citrons, since it seems like Nike has been able to pump out that color combo (the one we want, that is) almost perfectly recently... I guess time will tell...

I think it is the lighting... I mean look at the infrareds, they look pretty dark. It should be a pretty vivid color. We've been waiting for these for waaay too long for me to pass...

let me tell you something nikes photos for qs internal emails are always junk quality .

the shoes will turn out great . the qs email photos are NEVER good .

stores will receive 12 of each color

Originally Posted by dunkahollik

let me tell you something nikes photos for qs internal emails are always junk quality .

the shoes will turn out great . the qs email photos are NEVER good .

stores will receive 12 of each color

Which stores? Are stores like foot locker or even nike towns will get them?

This is monumental.

You've got a page of pure oldschool heads who's prolly been in the game 15 years plus.

We'll refer to this as "Page 50: Proposition Purists Program"

Will be coppin' the Infras.

Insta.

"Chaka Khan? Chaka Khan? Let me tell you what i wanna do..."

*does robot out of thread*

I'm really hoping that the quick-strikes are made from a better material. (i know they wont be) but i guess hoping is better then nothing. Nike if you waited this long they better at least have better materials.. let us pray, lol I'm still copping 2 of each color.. also the citrons actually look like the outrigger is closer to OG color wise, and the teal is the color that is actually really the problem, way toooo dark looking(at this point)

BTW thanks again wally and dunkahollik!!! you guys rock! 
happy.gif

wink.gif

here are the citrons side by side so we can compare Notice the difference lighting also

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-citron-original.jpg
dp739z.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-tt-3.jpg

mueq06.jpg

I'm actually beginning to wonder if they are actually going to label the "infrared" as infrared, being that it isn't. its almost like the varsity red we got on the Jordan VI before the "Infrared's" released last year.
other then that and the lack of colored "webtec" they are spot on. Now the citrons have too green of an outrigger, too dark on the "teal" and the strap and swoosh are light grey instead of dark grey (I might just grab the strap off the "volts" they released 5 months ago), since it's the right color!!.

other then those tiny discrepancies
I'm happy
smokin.gif

Oh and BTW are we still growing our "mullets"out like Mr.Andre. I know a bunch of us said we would if they released!!!
roll.gif

Am in on the MULLET.  Sorry I've been M.I.A for awhile fellas.  Glad to see things are picking up and sounds like many of the fellas are "in the loop".  As always PMs work and in some cases may be better than the obvious.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I wonder if eastbay will get these..........Hope the eastbay rep can shed some light on that
After checking our system, I was not able to find any information on the Nike Air Trainer SC II Infrared or the Citron OG colorways.  I will keep an eye on them and if any new information comes up, I will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray

Just one observation that I am sure many of you old skoolers and folks who have both have noticed, the toe box on the retro vs. the OG seems to be much more "squared off".  I understand that things change over the years and exact shape,color, and detail cannot be replicated, but even to the naked eye, this kind of alters the look of the shoe.  Makes it look bulkier and less sleek than I remember the original.  Add to that the texture and feel of the material and its not a great combo.  If that toebox shape altered over time and became rounded off over time - no biggie, but thats not my impression of how it goes.  Anyway, its nitpicky, and I am honestly just glad to see we may finally get it, but it makes me wonder how more attn. can't be put into obvious things like this, as well as the texture/look of the webtec- which Wally has pointed out as well.  Proceed and sorry for the negativity- just venting a bit.
grin.gif

Lighting on those pictures really does make a difference. Same CW different shade due to lighting.

Slight difference from OG to Retro, I can live with that.Closest %$@ Nike will put out in OG CW. People not copping, thats fine, just 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, 50, 100,etc, etc less people to worry about copping these.. More pairs and easier to get for the rest of us who wants the shoes..haha

^
a lot of the Nikes being made over the past few years have that "banana toe" effect (see CDP AJ4 retro or 2009 ATSC (III) retro.)

These do have a higher, more squared toe box than the original but I believe it helps eliminate that "banana toe" effect.
The toe box on these 2011 ATSCII's does curl up like most recent releases, but the stout shape lessons the elongation.
With the materials they use now - if the shape was closer to the original, I think it would actually look worse, resulting in
more "banana toe" that the way they have been produced.

Not like any of that justifies the cheaper materials though.

Back
Top Bottom