finally..... Nas - 'Be A N*gger Too'

This guy is crazy. I'm convinced.
roll.gif
at turn your radios up..

But that 2nd verse was really good. NaS might be insane but he's still one of the best.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

I'm OFFENDED! Nas didn't shout out paki's...This is some BS.

j/k...but Nas needs to go back to rapping about what he sees from the park bench.

except nas aint on the park bench no more
grin.gif

The hook says everyone's a N' but then at the same time seems to be mocking white folks or everyone who emulates black culture but doesn't want theadversity that comes along with being black. Which one is it?!

The second verse is more like a battle rap that has nothing to do with the topic save for a couple of bars "I'm the one you go to war with, not waragainst," "Hold a grand wizard's head in my hands"

Basically there doesn't seem to be a real direction to the song which is disappointing but I guess not very surprising.

Had he not created all that #%+# behind the name of the album tryna create controversy and just came out with this as just an album cut, same content and allthat, it woulda been different, N's woulda prolly be eating this #%+# up prolly

^Exactly!

I don't like this song at all, the 2nd verse is not what I want to hear him rap about.

I want to like it but I'm not sure what Nas is getting at on this joint. The hook says everyone's a N' but then at the same time seems to be mocking white folks or everyone who emulates black culture but doesn't want the adversity that comes along with being black. Which one is it?!
that's kinda the whole point. "everybody wanna be a N', but nobody wanna be a N"

jury's still out...

Originally Posted by LB81986

no way this gets any amount of radio play...

im pretty sure nas realized he's gonna get no radio play when he chose his album title

I like the chorus.

Good to see he's trying to make a point instead of trying to just shot the world with his title.

It's crazy though. Dude just made me realize how desensitized I've become to the word "n_gga". When dude says "k_ke, ch_nk etc, I'msurprised... but "n_gga" seems to just be another word. Sad.

By the way, don't ban me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I like the chorus.

Good to see he's trying to make a point instead of trying to just shot the world with his title.

It's crazy though. Dude just made me realize how desensitized I've become to the word "n_gga". When dude says "k_ke, ch_nk etc, I'm surprised... but "n_gga" seems to just be another word. Sad.

By the way, don't ban me.
laugh.gif

same thing with me
laugh.gif
. i almost paused when i heard him say thoseother racial slurs but didn't even flinch when he said N_
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

it just goes to show how the word is losing it's intended meaning

pimp.gif

Nasir always on point.

It's crazy though. Dude just made me realize how desensitized I've become to the word "n_gga". When dude says "k_ke, ch_nk etc, I'm surprised... but "n_gga" seems to just be another word. Sad.

Got me feelin the same way.

I'm feelin' this joint. the message should of had a few more bars to this track, but I guess he's gonna take this topic throughout theLp....
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom