finally..... Nas - 'Be A N*gger Too'

Originally Posted by bodyfullapolo

My N' Haze on the hook...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

A middle finger to all the ppl who called a nas a "gimmick rapper" and said "he's just looking for attention"

Keep killing em' Nasir

I hope this dude keeps dropping albums till his voicebox gives out

as a jew i can say Nas gets my stamp of approval for the k word. But i am pretty apathetic toward every race soI am not a good example for ethics in this case.

Originally Posted by Rebel RLY

not as bed as i thought it would be

With the hype for the album as crazy as it was, it wasn't no way everyone was gonna be feelingit. That being said, I think it lived up to expectations.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I like the chorus.

Good to see he's trying to make a point instead of trying to just shot the world with his title.

It's crazy though. Dude just made me realize how desensitized I've become to the word "n_gga". When dude says "k_ke, ch_nk etc, I'm surprised... but "n_gga" seems to just be another word. Sad.

By the way, don't ban me.
laugh.gif

I think that was the point..

Nas is the man, I cant wait for this album. Whoever that didn't get a chance to see it someone posted the Driven Nas video clips on here, check them outyou may gain some respect for the man. There is a method behind his madness
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
This joint is crazy...
beat, hook, bars...all of it

and I'm pretty sure Em never said the N-word...what Benzino brought up was an old song he made when he was like 16 where he said "black biii***",talkin about some girl he used to mess with or somethin...he talked about it on Yellow Brick Road

i can't wait til his album comes out and when he gets on tv/radio all of em announcers would be uncomfortable and shh..
laugh.gif

"we have an exclusive joint from nas' new album called....

ummm that nas' new album"

The more I listen to this joint the less sense it makes. In the first verse he talkin bout everyone's African and the hook is sayin' everyoneis a N' but at the same time seems to call into questions whether people who embrace black culture want to be N's or not given the baggage that comes along with it which seems to be a direct contradiction that can't bejustified. Verse 2 has basically nothing to do with anything.

He didn't make a song saying everyone's a N' in a way and/or we're all actually African since the oldest known human remains were found there,which could have been incredible.

He also didn't make a song about how people of other races, especially white folks, want to emulate black culture but don't understand what actuallycomes with being black (discrimination, racism, etc.) which could have been incredible.

Instead, this dude just made an essentially aimless and contradictory song with various racial epithets and never really went anywhere. I applaud the man fortryin but this is terrible considering what could have been. I'm not completely mad though cause at least he's trying to spark debate and dialogue.

Also as far as being desensitized to the word N', that's a joke cause if a white dude says it dudes are still ready to mash without question so theword has retained its power and original meaning in a black-white context which was the problem in the first place.

I guess
eyes.gif

Sorry Nas but I dont think this album is gonna serve the purpose you're shooting for

After about 10 consecutive spins....this joint is vicious.

Me and dude stay on the same brainwave...minus the PCP influenced gibberish.

This joint is on point. The radio and hip hop in general needs more songs like this. This type of song is what is desperately needed these days, less of thedancing gimmick crap, and more real MC's that tackle real subjects, especially in this day in age.

Back
Top Bottom