Finally New HTC Phones for Sprint

[h2]HTC's Raphael and Diamond: coming to Sprint and looking good[/h2]
by Chris Ziegler, posted Apr 23rd 2008 at 12:24AM

htc-diamond-raphael-04-sm.jpg

No one really knows whether HTC's May 6 gathering will usher in the age of Android (our guess is still "no"), but let's look a little beyond that, shall we? We've just laid eyes on a handful of documents detailing HTC's efforts to ready the Diamond and Raphael models -- already known to be valid HTC codenames -- for Sprint later this year, and things are definitely looking up in the post-Touch world. The Diamond turns out to be the successor to that very device, lacking a physical keyboard and relying almost exclusively on a large, glossy touchscreen for user input; the Raphael meanwhile (pictured) features a full QWERTY deal and is destined to replace the Mogul. The paperwork's pretty blurry, but it appears that both Windows Mobile devices will feature WiFi, 3 megapixel cameras, and -- get this -- VGA displays. Goodness! The Raphael is currently lined up to be the first out of the gate, hitting the streets in September if everything goes well, with the Diamond following on in November. Surprised that these devices are CDMA-based and Sprint bound? Us too, we admit -- but we'd be shocked if there weren't GSM twins of both of these hotties getting cooked in the lab at the same time.

[Thanks, anonymous tipster]

[h3]Gallery: HTC's Raphael and Diamond: coming to Sprint and looking good[/h3]

damnit, I guess I'll be adding a new phone to my back to school shopping budget next year

wow, that phone looks like trash. I love the Mogul, and the Touch is basura as well.

htc makes the best ppcs period... they even manufature the treos as of late...

Originally Posted by bodyfullapolo

Damn G...

I was finna cop a Mogul this month...

What the %!$% G?

u might as well still do it... just flip it when this drops... i kno i am...

Yea, That's what I was thinkin'.

And what's the big deal behind VGA displays?

What else makes this better than the Mogul?

I ain't that tech saavy...

VGA is just a crisper image...

and the only thing thiss prolly have over the mogul is better cam, battery life, ram (run more programs at once), and itll prolly have a newer version of WM...

I just got the Touch in December so I can probably wait till 2009 to get another phone.

I like my Mogul too, but it freezes up a lot.

My girl had a really bad battery problem with her too.

She would charge it up to 100%, and she barely uses the phone, but yet it dies out in like the matter of a hour or two.

I will definitely try flip my Mogul once this drops to see what's good with it.

Hope these phones show up on SERO.

I think my Mogul battery is on steroids. I did that "battery conditioning" when I first got it like they said to do. Charge it all the way up to100%, then use it until it literally dies on you in the middle of what you're doing, repeat. And I don't just walk around with it in my pocket, I stayon it playing videos and instant messenger damn near 24/7,. especially in the superfast Wifi at work.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I think my Mogul battery is on steroids. I did that "battery conditioning" when I first got it like they said to do. Charge it all the way up to 100%, then use it until it literally dies on you in the middle of what you're doing, repeat. And I don't just walk around with it in my pocket, I stay on it playing videos and instant messenger damn near 24/7,. especially in the superfast Wifi at work.

I might try that...Or just get the extended battery.

Back
Top Bottom