Fire breaks out at Tyler Perry's studios in Atlanta

Atlanta (CNN) -

A multiple-alarm fire broke out Tuesday night in a building at the Tyler Perry Studios in southwest Atlanta, a fire official told CNN.

It was subsequently extinguished, but firefighters were still checking the area for hotspots. It was not immediately clear what started the blaze.

One building partially collapsed, said Captain J.L. Bundrige with the Atlanta Fire Department. The fire was reported at 8:54 p.m., he said.

There were no reports of injuries.

The studios sit on 60 acres and include five sound stages, a 5-acre pond, a theater, a chapel, a commissary, a gymnasium, Perry's office, an art department where sets are designed, hair and makeup facilities, a wardrobe department, set decoration, a post-production facility and a backlot named 34th Street, "as in Miracle on 34th Street," according to a video posted on the studio's website.

Perry's credits include work as director, writer, producer, actor and playwright.

His TV shows "Meet the Browns" and "House of Payne" are huge moneymakers, as are Perry's wildly popular movies.

Last year, Perry topped Forbes' "Entertainment's Highest-Paid Men" list, raking in $130 million in 12 months beginning in May 2010.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/01/showbiz/tyler-perry-fire/index.html

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Never understood the hate for dude...
Im sure it was all insured

People "hate" TP because of the way he portrays black folks in his movies/TV shows.....

Yet, given the opportunity, these same people would do the samething he's doing if they could rake in a 9 figure annual salary too...

You'd be a fool if you didn't...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Never understood the hate for dude...
Im sure it was all insured

People "hate" TP because of the way he portrays black folks in his movies/TV shows.....

Yet, given the opportunity, these same people would do the samething he's doing if they could rake in a 9 figure annual salary too...

You'd be a fool if you didn't...
laugh.gif

...more like:

Yet, given the opportunity, these same people refuse to support an alternative expecting black media to just *ting* change for the better...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...again, to the people that dont like TP: did you support Red Tails? 
nerd.gif

I did and my opinion on him didn't change. Dude is horrible

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...again, to the people that dont like TP: did you support Red Tails? 
nerd.gif

I did and my opinion on him didn't change. Dude is horrible

...oh by all means stand on your soap box and scream it at the top of your lungs if you feel that way since you took the time out to vote for a change in black media. im not looking for anyone to change their opinion on TP.

...its the ones standing on the soapbox complaining about how black people are portrayed in the media, while they continue to support WSHH type content all while not lifting a finger to cast a vote in the other direction. yup, Red Tails sucked balls, but i voted.

...its the same double standard as the Basketball Wives movie. The same women who watch Basketball Wives are the same ones to complain about images of women of color in the media.

Back
Top Bottom