First Car and low budget Vol. A hooptie is beautiful

Ok Im looking for a first car for when I move out of the college dorms because Virginia is TERRIBLE when it comes to public transportation. I'm looking for something that looks nice and will last. 
Maybe upgradable?

Budget 5-9 K
tired.gif

That's a healthy price range.

Civic
Accord(Some years had major transmission issues)
Altima
Sentra
Miata
Integra
RSX
Camry
Mustang
Maxima
Impala

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying to get sports on the cheap. So something like a 240sx, RSX, or mustang.

9k is solid especially for a first car. It'll allow you to purchase a clean looking car that's in good mechanical order. If you want to go that route like you said Id cop a mustang gt,rsx, or STOCK(or close to) 240sx and use the extra money on parts and making sure its running 100%.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

That's a healthy price range.

Civic
Accord(Some years had major transmission issues)
Altima
Sentra
Miata
Integra
RSX
Camry
Mustang
Maxima
Impala

good man, knows his cars i was gonna say the same thing
nerd.gif

9K will get you a good car.

Not sure what you're really looking for, but I did see you mention sporty.

You could easily get a Mustang GT in the late 90's/early 00's for that price. You could also get a Fourth Gen Camaro Z28/SS, or a Fourth Gen Trans Am. I'd take both over a Mustang or consider them if you're looking for a V8 American car.

If you're not into American cars, another "Sporty" car would be the 3000GT which has a V6. If you're looking for a 4 cylinder car an RSX or a Celica.

BMW Z3 if you can afford the insurance can be found with decent miles for under 10K.

Jeep Wranglers, Cherokee's etc as well.

9K will get you a top of the line used car from a few years ago so no need to look at sentras, miatas etc.

Cheap, Fast, and Reliable. Pick 2

I'd get an Accord. Good on gas and maintenance shouldn't be too bad.

I wrecked my 96 Accord last year. Had it for about 3 years. Got it for 1.5k with like 130k miles on it. No major issues but minor ones would pop up here and there due to how old it was. The ride was pretty smooth and gas wasn't bad at all. I only wish the body was in better condition. I was gonna ride that thing til the wheels fell off but it just wasn't meant to be...

Dont try to ball on a budget but make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. Shop around, test drive, ask questions, and try EVERYTHING from the windows to every little compartment. That opens up room for haggling but also you'll get an idea of what you will be driving for a decent amount of time. If something bothers you before you buy it then it will bother you after you buy it.

2002-2003 Audi S8 or A8
2000-2002 BMW 330i/ci/xi
Older Infiniti G35
2004-2006 Nissan maxima

What are you looking for besides it will last and is nice? Do you need 4 doors? Do you need awd? Do you need fold down seats? etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom