Flightposite Retro Quality Issues

Has anyone encountered any issues with the quality of their Flightposite retro? Although the performance is unaffected, their seems to be a lot of constructionissues with my flightposites, namely the zipper and zipper flap. The flap never stays closed during play, and the zipper tends to work its way undone as well.Also the front pull tab is fraying badly, and the letters on the heel pull tab are starting to come off. Although these don't affect the performance in anyway, I can't say I'm happy with the quality of the little details of this shoe. Were any of these issues also present in the OG?

Definitely more of an issue in the FPKGs than the first one...

The zipper was the first thing to go on my original gold ones.

IIRC they were most definitely a big issue in the FPKGs, but much less of an issue in the regular flightposites

IMO here is the problem with all these retroes:

OGs were made to do something new, and perform. Like with the posites, they were made to form to your foot, and be light, and whatnot.

Retroes are just made to LOOK like the OGs. Like making them good performance shoes will take away from the newer kicks...

I don't think those are quality issues... just wear and tear. the fraying on the front tab happens if you catch it in the zipper, just pay attention whenyou are zipping and you're fine. The velcro tab always opens for me, but it doesn't bother me at all - if the zipper opens a bit, just make sure tolace up tight... the zipper doesn't really effect the lockdown. So yeah, wear and tear. I have discovered a solution to that problem - I bought threepairs.

When playing 'ball with the flightposites (retro of course), I actually prefer to leave the zipper fully open.
But I guess thats just me....

Originally Posted by cmoweb

IMO here is the problem with all these retroes:

OGs were made to do something new, and perform. Like with the posites, they were made to form to your foot, and be light, and whatnot.

Retroes are just made to LOOK like the OGs. Like making them good performance shoes will take away from the newer kicks...
tell that to josh howard in his II's
anyway this is a little backwards. i'm old enough to remember OG's werent' that great quality you are speaking of. shoes cracked, fell apart, andhad other issues. just because shoes now are lighter doesnt' mean they are worse quality. with that said you are talking about a retro of a shoe that wasmade 10years ago. for instance if you wore OG AM 90's around for 6 months than you put on a pair of 2008 max neo's or something up to date you'dsee the difference. things are not even a comparison. so what you guys are asking Nike to do is RETRO THE SAME EXACT SHOE but.... MAKE IT BETTER QUALITYessentially. that is IMPOSSIBLE. shoes from 1989 are not up to par with what we are used to today as athletes or even casual wear for those who aren'tretro wearers.

Originally Posted by paulp91

when did the flightposite first release???

Summer 99.

As for quality, can't comment on the Retros, but but my OGs have been surprisingly trouble free.

Consumers expect way too much these days. The world has changed. They don't make Hondas, not even BMWs like they use to, let alone Jordan x Nike.

Just deal with it. Nothing is perfect.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Consumers expect way too much these days. The world has changed. They don't make Hondas, not even BMWs like they use to, let alone Jordan x Nike.

Wow.

how do the the flightposites fit? are they true to size? I have wide feet, but the zoom flight 95s fit good in a 9 for me.

get ur regular size the shoe is slim but a bigger size won't help that problem u just probably can't zippen them up all the way but the quality issuesare the same as the OG's if u had these back then u know it but for everyone just hopping on these now it was the same in 99 the zipper always came undone

Hey, we all want the Retro to be exactly like the OG. The OG had bad zippers, so it looks like Nike nailed it.

I didn't know we had so many *pretend* quality control people here. Not to mention the people who don't even know the difference between"quality" and "design".

Originally Posted by duke4005

Hey, we all want the Retro to be exactly like the OG. The OG had bad zippers, so it looks like Nike nailed it.

roll.gif

For $180 people shouldn't expect good quality
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

For $180 people shouldn't expect good quality
laugh.gif

And you think LV bags are made the same like they use to? AHHAAHHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom