Florida QB Tebow to stay in school

[h1]Florida QB Tebow to stay in school
[/h1]
[h1] [/h1]
[h1] [/h1]
[h1][/h1]

Steve Mitchell/US Presswire

Florida QB Tim Tebow is the fifth player since 1950 to win a Heisman Trophy and two nationaltitles.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow is comingback.
The Floridaquarterback told a crowd celebrating the school's latest national title that he wants to lead the Gators to anotherchampionship.

Tebow thrilled the crowd by saying: "Oh, by the way let's do it again. I'm coming back."In 2007,Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy. In the Gators' 24-14 win over Oklahoma on Thursday night, Tebow completed 18 of 30 passes for231 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran for 109 yards.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I'm sorry...but I think this is a mistake.

What else does he have to prove as a collegiate? He's one knee tackle away from ending his career...as much as he runs the ball.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Amem.

Some people just enjoy the college experience more than they have to have the money right now. If he went to the league, he could get injured as well, no usefor him to play scared either way. He has the opportunity to go down as the greatest CFB player EVER, why pass that up.

Plus he isn't a first or second round pick, so he is missing out on money, but comparitively not THAT much money.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

What else does he have to prove as a collegiate? He's one knee tackle away from ending his career...as much as he runs the ball.

You didn't hear? According to the media he is God, he can do no wrong.
On the real, might as well stay in school...dude is living the life right now.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

You didn't hear? According to the media he is God, he can do no wrong.
On the real, might as well stay in school...dude is living the life right now.
Thats why they have insurance now.

I'm sure the school will take out a large insurance policy for him that will cover whatever he would have made as a third or fourth roundpick.

He has the chance to cement his legacy as one of the greatest college players ever. He still has a lot to prove - another national championship, anotherHeisman, undefeated season, etc.

He's also one moment away from where the only way his name is called is on the bottom line and not by someone at a podium.

Good move by Tebow.

Still 4 days until the 15th. Holla at me then.

He also said that ({}) Harvin is leaning towards coming back as well.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
I guess the noles are a couple years away from beating UF huh dre?

I'm sure the school will take out a large insurance policy for him that will cover whatever he would have made as a third or fourth round pick.
Florida can't do that. Tebow will have to take that out for himself. It is against NCAA rules. I know when Leinart decided to come back,his family took out the insurance policy.

Win another National Title and another Heisman and become the most decorated college athlete of all time?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
I guess the noles are a couple years away from beating UF huh dre?
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Nah.

A couple of months.
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif

Can't let these ({})'s go 4-0

smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude wants that undefeated season BAD. He must want to be a Florida legend for real, statue status, I ain't mad at him tho.

I think it's great and very smart on his part. He has some things he needs to improve on in order to translate his quarterback game into the NFL, alaPeyton Manning. If all else fells he gets another great shot at the Nat'l Championship and further supplants his legacy at UF and as a winner, which alsohelps NFL stock. I don't like Tebow though, for the record.

Back
Top Bottom