FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
When did these drop? How in the world did I miss them?

Attachments

• nike-air-foamposite-one-beijing-planet-hoops-CW6769-930-5.jpg
    nike-air-foamposite-one-beijing-planet-hoops-CW6769-930-5.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 565
Did Penny Hardaway ever play in foamposite pros?

Highly doubtful. I believe he wore strictly Foamposite One since they were made for him along with his assigned logo on them. And he only wore them during the latter half of the 1996-97 season and in the playoffs after wearing Penny 2 for a majority of that season to start out with.

I doubt he wore Foampsite after 1997 because his last 2 signature shoes during his career were Penny 3 & 4. He just wore basic Nike shoes after he left the Magic although I have an odd feeling he wore some Foamposite One during the 2006-07 season when he was with the Heat, his last NBA season. And I think he was waived that season too. I assumed he wore Foamposite with the Heat because there were a pair out in Heat colorways.

Highly doubtful. I believe he wore strictly Foamposite One since they were made for him along with his assigned logo on them. And he only wore them during the latter half of the 1996-97 season and in the playoffs after wearing Penny 2 for a majority of that season to start out with.

I doubt he wore Foampsite after 1997 because his last 2 signature shoes during his career were Penny 3 & 4. He just wore basic Nike shoes after he left the Magic although I have an odd feeling he wore some Foamposite One during the 2006-07 season when he was with the Heat, his last NBA season. And I think he was waived that season too. I assumed he wore Foamposite with the Heat because there were a pair out in Heat colorways.
This checks out.... I did a google search to see what I could find. Penny’s shoe game after Nike took the hiatus after the 4 was super weak. I found a pic of him on Phoenix playing in the 4s, and 2K5s with the Knicks (maybe 2K4 other times, couldn’t see clear), but overall it was mostly generic stuff. I didn’t see any foams or anything nice for his Heat stint.
He did wear galaxy foams and shooting stars for one of those old timer all star weekend games.
Only other cool pic I found was this one with the Knicks in the 1s. I’m surprised he rocked these so many years later because that shoe was horrible to play in. I had an OG pair and a few of the retros, dope for casual but trash for ball IMO. My favorite to play in was the 4. The Penny 4, KG3, and (albeit ugly) Pippen 4 were incredible to hoop in as a teenager for me.

1596548872284.jpeg

This checks out.... I did a google search to see what I could find. Penny’s shoe game after Nike took the hiatus after the 4 was super weak. I found a pic of him on Phoenix playing in the 4s, and 2K5s with the Knicks (maybe 2K4 other times, couldn’t see clear), but overall it was mostly generic stuff. I didn’t see any foams or anything nice for his Heat stint.
He did wear galaxy foams and shooting stars for one of those old timer all star weekend games.
Only other cool pic I found was this one with the Knicks in the 1s. I’m surprised he rocked these so many years later because that shoe was horrible to play in. I had an OG pair and a few of the retros, dope for casual but trash for ball IMO. My favorite to play in was the 4. The Penny 4, KG3, and (albeit ugly) Pippen 4 were incredible to hoop in as a teenager for me.

1596548872284.jpeg

I can assume Penny's shoe hookup with Nike wasn't prominent after he left the Magic was due to his popularity and relevancy as a star declining unfortunately. So that makes sense why Nike didn't assign him a signature shoe after that. He became a permanent walking injury once he went to the Suns, he just had paper knees, and by that I mean his knees were shot and constantly damaged.

The sad part about Penny's career was that his trajectory seemed Hall Of Fame bound when he started great with the Magic. He was even compared to Magic Johnson & Michael Jordan! Another element of his downfall was his lack of dominance in the playoffs in addition to his injuries. He never seemed the same in the playoffs after 1996 when his Magic got swept by the Bulls & Jordan in the Eastern Conference Finals. At least older generation fans can still recall witnessing the zenith of his career during the '90s. I'll definitely remember the peak of his popularity. The small salvation about his career is that the younger generation of fans have heard a lot about him.

Thanks for elaborating that the Penny 1 wasn't good for playing ball. I wouldn't know because I don't play ball, the Nike & Jordan sneaks I have are basically flamboyant walking shoes that I coordinate with specific attire honestly. But I actually used the Penny 1 that was rehashed in Knicks colors in 2005 as beater shoes when I exercised in the neighborhood rec center before we had to live a shutdown life for months now. They were just worn out due to age so I might as well run them down like that.

Last edited:
I remember reading in an interview that Penny siad Nike wanted him to join Brand Jordan after the 4s, and Penny wasn't with it.

Garnet's push from Nike seemed to take over from Penny after the fall off.

I always wondered what a Penny 5 from Eric Avar would look like, since that was around the time Nike's BBall designs were changing. Would it be the Flightposites or were the Garnet 3s actually meant to be the Penny 5 Avar gave to Aaron Cooper to finish for KG.

I remember reading in an interview that Penny siad Nike wanted him to join Brand Jordan after the 4s, and Penny wasn't with it.

I always wondered what a Penny 5 from Eric Avar would look like, since that was around the time Nike's BBall designs were changing. Would it be the Flightposites or were the Garnet 3s actually meant to be the Penny 5 Avar gave to Aaron Cooper to finish for KG.
I didn’t know the KG3 was rumored to be a penny shoe. I loved that shoe. The colors went great with the T Wolves. I think they came out in 1999, his first year in Phoenix... Suns colors wouldn’t look right on them

Penny on Jordan Brand wouldn't have fit because he was already identifiable enough with his own assigned logo. It would have been like going a level lower for him going to Jordan Brand to be under an established superstar.

It's somewhat awkward Penny 5 was released years after Penny left the game.

I wonder if a lot of people know that the Foamposite wasn't actually supposed to be Penny's shoe originally. He saw it and liked the concept and Nike catered to him since he was a profitable marquee star for them at that time.

I wonder if people were into the Foamposite One Knicks colorway when they came out in late 2014. I think they sold fast and weren't in high quantity if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not a Knicks fan but I thought they were a cool color concept.

I've only worn these once with the Knicks warm-up jacket and fitted Knicks hat pictured since I've had them. And these are actually old photos I'm rehashing.
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG
018.JPG

I wonder if people were into the Foamposite One Knicks colorway when they came out in late 2014. I think they sold fast and weren't in high quantity if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not a Knicks fan but I thought they were a cool color concept.

I've only worn these once with the Knicks warm-up jacket and fitted Knicks hat pictured since I've had them. And these are actually old photos I'm rehashing.
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG
018.JPG
Same here I've only wore mines once at a Knicks vs Celtics game. Damn Knicks are terrible but those foams are tough.

Same here I've only wore mines once at a Knicks vs Celtics game. Damn Knicks are terrible but those foams are tough.

Thanks for sharing that. Knicks will forever suck as long as that dope James Dolan is the registered owner of the team.

I'm actually a Lakers fan but I can wear royal blue and orange. And these Foamposite One rehashed in Knicks colors are unique so I decided to get them. What's cool is they correlate with that jacket because those shoes came out during the NBA 50th Anniversary season in addition to the team colors.

Back
Top Bottom