FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Korean dumplings and boba

IMG_20201111_120051.jpg
IMG_20201111_120512.jpg
IMG_20201111_140238.jpg

All I see is the Rolly.....

FLOURISH!

I used to splurge on high end sushi fairly often. I don't know if it's me or the sushi which has changed but I never feel like it's worth it when I do these days. I’m much less picky when the value is more evident

I used to splurge on high end sushi fairly often. I don't know if it's me or the sushi which has changed but I never feel like it's worth it when I do these days. I’m much less picky when the value is more evident
Both my sister and a friend of mine are prone to sushi and I've had this exact situation play out with both of them.

S/F: How about sushi?
Me: ...okay (looks concerned)
S/F: We can grab some from the supermarket.
Me: Are you sure, that's okay?
S/F: What do you mean?
Me: When I see sushi in the supermarket, doesn't it look... off?
S/F: No no, it's perfectly fine!
Me: I know a place, it's on me.
S/F: Great!

Am I being played for a fool here?

Last edited:
Sushi is a simplicity thing anways so there won't be a wow factor. Must haves for me though are unagi and toro or chutoro if available. I'll get the tuna/salmon/yellowfish combo to fill, all the special rolls are wildly hit or miss. Best special roll i've had is the Daikichi roll from Daikichi in Chesapeake, VA, haven't been in years.

Not my pic but it's a baked spicy shrimp and scallion mix
o.jpg
Tako
surf clam
Unagi

:pimp:

Sushi is a simplicity thing anways so there won't be a wow factor. Must haves for me though are unagi and toro or chutoro if available. I'll get the tuna/salmon/yellowfish combo to fill, all the special rolls are wildly hit or miss. Best special roll i've had is the Daikichi roll from Daikichi in Chesapeake, VA, haven't been in years.

Not my pic but it's a baked spicy shrimp and scallion mix
o.jpg

Reminds me of the "Baked IMperial Crab Roll" from Jimmy's Seafood (BMORE)

1605144315584.png

Both my sister and a friend of mine are prone to sushi and I've had this exact situation play out with both of them.

S/F: How about sushi?
Me: ...okay (looks concerned)
S/F: We can grab some from the supermarket.
Me: Are you sure, that's okay?
S/F: What do you mean?
Me: When I see sushi in the supermarket, doesn't it look... off?
S/F: No no, it's perfectly fine!
Me: I know a place, it's on me.
S/F: Great!

Am I being played for a fool here?
source.gif

I guess for me, not everything that I eat I want to get full from. Some things I eat are just for a good foodie experience and lobster rolls are one of those guilty pleasures of mine that I throughly enjoy. Yes, good lobster rolls costs upwards to $20 because good lobster is not cheap, but there are definitely some places where the roll is not tiny and can be filling (well, for me anyway). Some places though are a straight rip off and are totally not worth it whatsoever (cough, cough.....Eventide Oyster.....cough).
Neptune only!!

I guess for me, not everything that I eat I want to get full from. Some things I eat are just for a good foodie experience and lobster rolls are one of those guilty pleasures of mine that I throughly enjoy. Yes, good lobster rolls costs upwards to $20 because good lobster is not cheap, but there are definitely some places where the roll is not tiny and can be filling (well, for me anyway). Some places though are a straight rip off and are totally not worth it whatsoever (cough, cough.....Eventide Oyster.....cough).

Yea, I'm a grown man. :lol:

I'm not spending $20 on something only to feel the need to order something else with it or something completely different afterwards.

AYCE is cool with me, even if the quality isnt the greatest. Prefer paying the flat fee and engaging in savage behavior.

Conveyor belt sushi spot was dope af.

Back
Top Bottom