FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If someone gets sick off of the food you donated, you can get sued. That’s primarily why major places don’t donate.

this is a scare tactic fambs. If you know the food came from a proper clean kitchen, you not gonna question or worry if you gonna get sick or not.

this is a scare tactic fambs. If you know the food came from a proper clean kitchen, you not gonna question or worry if you gonna get sick or not.
How would you determine that a place has a "proper, clean kitchen" ?

Also, I shouldn't have used the word donated. I was moreso speaking of just giving food away at the end of shifts and throwaway/day old food.

Honestly think some of this is just inept retail managers afraid of using their brain for creative problem solving so they rather just come down hard on employees or waste food.

Because its easier to just dash the food than to set up something with a food bank or whoever to come pick up the food

How would you determine that a place has a "proper, clean kitchen" ?

Also, I shouldn't have used the word donated. I was moreso speaking of just giving food away at the end of shifts and throwaway/day old food.

I have a simple approach to this. It's like the same way if you keep coming back to your favorite takeout spot. Do you wonder if they cleaned or not? Probably not, right? :lol:

I cheated on my starbz today and went to Dunkin’. Got a Dunkacchino. The only thing they ever make (drink wise) that’s consistent. Was good also had to get one of my employees a gift card so that was my main purpose for going.

Their regular drip sure as **** isn't

Last time I ordered a cup it was so hot it took a solid 10-15 mins to reach sipping temperature

The cooler and cooler it got the more it tasted like dirt

NEVER had a cup that bad from Starbz

I always question why these restaurants come up with these weird names for products. Like I would never want to order a " Dunkacchino" off the name alone :lol:

This been a problem in this country for eonsssssss. We don't wanna feed hungry folk :smh:
It's a business both ways. There are shelters, rganizations and establishments receiving millions of dollars per year to address homelessness and hunger and barely any of that money goes to addressing said issues. It's a big scam. This video kinda touches on it

If someone gets sick off of the food you donated, you can get sued. That’s primarily why major places don’t donate.
This.
Yes and no. There are some people who are hungry and need the food, but we are in America where people can sue for buying hot coffee and being surprised that they can't drink it off rip. Guarantee that someone would go out their way to eat something that looks questionable and sue.

Peking duck last night.

Forgive the addition to the first photo. I am not responsible for that.
4689D9E8-A50C-41A4-8C33-E5A9A935EE7A.jpeg

C5D5CEF4-870F-48B0-AB7E-3290D07F0CB0.jpeg

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I remember you and I'm not sure who else didn't believe in the air fryer hype and I mentioned you just have to get a big one. Them tiny egg shaped ones dont have enough room to put more than a few fries or whatever in there and people compensate by overcrowding them and then you dont get the intended effect

It's a business both ways. There are shelters, rganizations and establishments receiving millions of dollars per year to address homelessness and hunger and barely any of that money goes to addressing said issues. It's a big scam. This video kinda touches on it

This.
Yes and no. There are some people who are hungry and need the food, but we are in America where people can sue for buying hot coffee and being surprised that they can't drink it off rip. Guarantee that someone would go out their way to eat something that looks questionable and sue.

You gotta be a total ******* to go out your way to sue a restaurant and sadly there are tons of 'em :smh:

a lot of people sleep on duck. it's delicious. if you go to any asian market out here they have those roasted ducks hanging. you can get a whole duck for a very affordable price. they'll chop it up nicely for you too.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I remember you and I'm not sure who else didn't believe in the air fryer hype and I mentioned you just have to get a big one. Them tiny egg shaped ones dont have enough room to put more than a few fries or whatever in there and people compensate by overcrowding them and then you dont get the intended effect
I believe they work but I already have a toaster oven and an actual oven. No need for an Air Fryer

Their regular drip sure as **** isn't

Last time I ordered a cup it was so hot it took a solid 10-15 mins to reach sipping temperature

The cooler and cooler it got the more it tasted like dirt

NEVER had a cup that bad from Starbz
Their drip is better simple because Dunkin’ beans aren’t roasted to a crisp as much as Starbucks. Still over roasted but not as a offensive tasting as Starbucks. People confuse that burnt taste for strength and its not at all. Starbucks blonde roast is their best cup. Also both are low quality coffee so why pay more for Starbucks.
Edit: all this coffee talk made me realize I haven’t bought a bag of beans in a while. Time to reup on paradise coffee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom