FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

arts bakery in Glendale. They sell food and baked goods. I forgot the names of the two chocolate cakes I got. This place is better than Raffis for my LA folks.

39DECC12-5294-4EFD-932F-C30ED10AE741.jpeg
F5F51A7C-D226-4A49-A65D-EB88870B2619.jpeg
F5387F3E-803D-4673-B59A-CACB9FCCDEA0.jpeg

Ribs , rice, hummus, roasted pepper and tomatoes and the bread not pictured.
0118E2C0-7A81-4273-AE23-0C06DF1BDC69.jpeg

Beef with potatoes
A4649989-D0B2-4858-8DA8-EC98561C0C03.jpeg
anyone else having a hard time posting pictures and writing a caption on a mobile device. Took me forever to post this and the picture still came out in a funky order and this is the 5th time I’m writing this.

Attachments

• 9F64F1C4-C2EE-4E6E-B093-6CB0D1852A8C.jpeg
    9F64F1C4-C2EE-4E6E-B093-6CB0D1852A8C.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 5
What do you like about Chipotles?
That I have a much clearer understanding of the calories I’m intaking. That the food is decent, it’s quick and easy and isn’t as bad as McDonald’s or Jack in The Box.

Also, I’ve had friends who have worked in fast food places all over. The only one who still eats at the chain they worked at is the dude who worked at Chipotle. And he eats there quite a bit. To me it says a lot when employees still eat at any fast food place they work at.. after seeing how cleanliness and food prep is done at said chain.

Issue I have with chipotle right now tho is that I’m doing double protein if I go there and it’s $$$

That I have a much clearer understanding of the calories I’m intaking. That the food is decent, it’s quick and easy and isn’t as bad as McDonald’s or Jack in The Box.

Chipotle's only saving grace imo is being healthier

I'd be lying to say I enjoy their food more than fast food

I’m not too good for fast food. Wendy’s, Popeyes, chipotle, Dunkin’, ihop, arbys, Chick-fil-A, Bdubs, wingstop. Idc. 7/11 too. They still make a good hotdog and Tacitos

What’s so bad about it

Just bland in comparison to what I want from "Mexican" food

I'd enjoy a McDonalds or Wendys burger and fries more than anything on Chipotle's menu

Only reason I would go into Chipotle before either of those is because it's healthier

Just bland in comparison to what I want from "Mexican" food

I'd enjoy a McDonalds or Wendys burger and fries more than anything on Chipotle's menu

Only reason I would go into Chipotle before either of those is because it's better for you
As someone who lives within 5 minutes of three taquerias that make great food, idk if I ever seen chipotle as “Mexican food” just as I never saw Taco Bell as “Mexican food”.

It’s a fast food meal. If your reason for disliking it is because it’s not “Mexican food” then you’re missing the point of it. Chipotle doesn’t taste bland to me, but it varies based on location and honestly the cook that day.

As someone who lives within 5 minutes of three taquerias that make great food, idk if I ever seen chipotle as “Mexican food” just as I never saw Taco Bell as “Mexican food”.

It’s a fast food meal. If your reason for disliking it is because it’s not “Mexican food” then you’re missing the point of it. Chipotle doesn’t taste bland to me, but it varies based on location and honestly the cook that day.

Right... thus my use of quotation marks

Not really interested in how it's classified

Just that I don't prefer what they serve to a burger and fries

solewoman solewoman

I basically gained back 8 pounds of the 10 that I had lost. Was binge drinking Coors Lights and High Lifes and eating fried chicken/pizza/burgers/etc for 5 straight days though. Definitely a bit more than your average cheat :lol:
Damn. That's a lot. I do applaud you for supporting your wife tho ( I am sure that meant a lot). So unless otherwise, I understand it may not be that big of a deal for you. I am giving it a shot and the first few days up to a week was challenging. Cut off sugar, most carbs and alcohol. It isn't too bad. I have coffee in the am. Lunch is a salad or something low carb or a protein shake. Then dinner varies depending on if I worked out. It sucks because I have all boys in my house and they are skinny as hell and love to eat and snack. lol. So cooking two meals sucks. When I'm lazy I just have a protein shake and call it. Not too bad so far. Looking to drop another 10 by OCT.

Back
Top Bottom