FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Snake Hill- Baltimore
3B2727B4-8065-4E09-BDE2-613503C8A958.jpeg

Tacos booming seems like.
You're in LA right? Those 1986 Tacos cats were just a pop up a couple years ago and now they got 6 locations. I posted about Villas tacos before and they started as a pop up during the pandemic and they opened their first location earlier this year and they're about to open up a second spot at Grand Central Market.

Yup. Just read an article yesterday about them opening another location.

I stopped by Sunday but my wife didn’t want to wait (Villas Tacos). It was a long day and we had the kids with us. The line was pretty deep. I’ll circle back alone one day. Been to 1986 but walked out the place look like a ghost town. Don’t like the idea of getting food from empty stores. Next time i’m at smorsburg I might give them a try (1986).

Best fries are from French places. Curly fries from fast food places with the seasoning is good too. Hardee’s aka Carl jr has good ones.

Yup. Just read an article yesterday about them opening another location.

I stopped by Sunday but my wife didn’t want to wait (Villas Tacos). It was a long day and we had the kids with us. The line was pretty deep. I’ll circle back alone one day. Been to 1986 but walked out the place look like a ghost town. Don’t like the idea of getting food from empty stores. Next time i’m at smorsburg I might give them a try (1986).
Yea first time i tried 1986 was at smorgasburg and i checked them out when they opened their first spot in DTLA. When I was in Ktwon i'll drive by the one on Beverly and it always looked empty.

Villas tacos always has a long line but it moves pretty quickly. Used to be our go to when they were just a pop up in front of Black Party. Tacos legit tho

Mr Fries Man is for sure overrated. I heard the OG one in LA is fire but the one in Atlanta was weak. Fries were hella soggy and the they super violated by not deveining the shrimp. I would have got a refund but it was a doordash order. Ended up eating off wifeys order since I was basically stuck with cheese fries after tossing the shrimp. Worst part was the price, 2 orders ran me $50.

Mr Fries Man is for sure overrated. I heard the OG one in LA is fire but the one in Atlanta was weak. Fries were hella soggy and the they super violated by not deveining the shrimp. I would have got a refund but it was a doordash order. Ended up eating off wifeys order since I was basically stuck with cheese fries after tossing the shrimp. Worst part was the price, 2 orders ran me $50.

Did you eat them right on the spot? I would imagine fries with "stuff" on them doesn't travel well and has a high tendency to be soggy. That wouldn't be on them.

Did you eat them right on the spot? I would imagine fries with "stuff" on them doesn't travel well and has a high tendency to be soggy. That wouldn't be on them.
It was doordash so I got them when they showed up, like 30 minutes after ordering. They were not fried long enough. It was a mushy mess, even at the bottom where the fries weren’t exposed to the toppings. The fries are were basically filler for the protein and cheese. Any fast food loaded fries could have competed with what he had from there that night.

It was doordash so I got them when they showed up, like 30 minutes after ordering. They were not fried long enough. It was a mushy mess, even at the bottom where the fries weren’t exposed to the toppings. The fries are were basically filler for the protein and cheese. Any fast food loaded fries could have competed with what he had from there that night.

Well no matter how hard they were fried if you got them 30 mins later they are going to be soggy.

The ones on the bottom still had to deal with the heat/condensation/sweating.

Just saying that isn't a fair condition to judge them.

Place I posted has been doing it for a while. Wanna say it was part of their original menu

Their pizzas are good but I've never once considered ordering it. Maybe one day

yeah this new spot i love here has it on the menu. i might try a slice at some point

Back
Top Bottom