FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^
We were discussing Hop Kee in a different thread. For some reason that is the favorite Chinese restaurant of Filipino parents. I've been there a few times and the food is really good.

^
Damn, that bbq looks good. Probably way better than that Dallas BBQ junk we have here in NY.

NY nt'ers, are there any decent bbq places here? I feel like I have to travel to different areas of the country for authentic bbq.

Mighty Quinn's BBQ
Daisy May's
Fette Sau
Fatty Cue
Dinosaur BBQ
Blue Smoke
Hill Country BBQ

Past few days

Homemade rice, pork, and mofongo 

Green Chili Burritos 
pimp.gif

Cooking

Olive Garden Chicken Parm Today for lunch 

McDs Plain Vanilla Sunday with Mcflurrified Apple Pie 

Had coconut fried chicken + dirty rice + fries for lunch yesterday. Forgot to take pics :frown:

One shot from dinner last night.

44edcf1e865611e386ae1227e9398f53_8.jpg

Best KBBQ I've ever had.

From the last couple of weeks...

[COLOR=#red]

Diddy Riese - Chocolate Chip x Espresso Ice Cream Sandwich

Red Ribbon's Mocha Crumble

Clam Chowder via Souplantation

Homemade, uncut DS Spam Musubi

Bulgogi and Shrimp, 3rd pic is the meat on the skillet

Deep Fried Chocolate Malted Crunch

Miso Soup

85° Bakery

[/COLOR]

Here's something for those of us suffering in this ****ing polar vortex....

Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate

1 (12-ounce) bag (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt

Microwave chocolate, cream and salt in large bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Roll 3 tablespoons chilled chocolate mixture into ten 2-inch balls. Individually wrap balls in plastic wrap and transfer to zipper-lock bag. Refrigerate for 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months. To make 1 cup of hot chocolate, combine 1 unwrapped chocolate ball and 1 cup whole or low-fat milk in large mug. Microwave, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve.

^
Damn, that bbq looks good. Probably way better than that Dallas BBQ junk we have here in NY.

NY nt'ers, are there any decent bbq places here? I feel like I have to travel to different areas of the country for authentic bbq.

Mighty Quinn's BBQ
Daisy May's
Fette Sau
Fatty Cue
Dinosaur BBQ
Blue Smoke
Hill Country BBQ

fette sau is freakishly expensive. you can get a filling meal for like 50 bucks but everythings organic and grass fed stuff so yea

Any NY NTers ever been to the Red Rooster up in harlem ?

Dying to try that spot out..

Plus I missed when they had all those reggae events too smh

Dinosaur bbq is the business!!

yea been there but didnt eat. went there to club. i felt like my girl at the time trolled on me with that spot. all the dudes felt some kind of way that im asian and wanted to kill me when shes grinding up on me and everything

Anybody got must try NYC restaurants?

Whenever my brother goes to NYC for business, he always checks out David Chang's restaurants; Noodle, Ssam, Ko, Ma Peche, Milk Bar (the one in the upper east side). Those are are the only places he'll eat. He also likes Gray's Papaya hot dogs & discovered a place called Asia Dog...

The grillers at Taco Bell are bomb-diggity. Might get some again this week. I wanna try the rodeo cheeseburger and some onion rings at Burger King this week.

What some popular burger recipes everyone like to make. I am big fan of burger and looking to find mixture of ingredients to make on my own. Or just try a few of everyone's favorite.

I've been sleeping on this thread so hard. Do you guys discuss recipes and instructions? I'd like to start working in the kitchen.

80/20 beef, salt, pepper, onions, & worcestershire sauce. Preheat oven at 380 degrees and bake for 4 minutes on each side. When folding in the ingredients don't work it too much or the patty is gonna dry out.

Last edited:
What some popular burger recipes everyone like to make. I am big fan of burger and looking to find mixture of ingredients to make on my own. Or just try a few of everyone's favorite.

I keep it real simple. Sprinkle a little bit of Montreal seasoning on both sides and grill. Doesn't have to be too much either, just enough so you can see the seasoning on the patties.

Back
Top Bottom