FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

One of my local pizzerias charges extra for paying with a card. They ‘re becoming annoying with stuff like that to grab extra money from customers.
Most likely the bank charge them so they are charging you. At least thats what someone told me.

Reactions: God
Family was visiting so that usually means we hit up some kind of buffet. I always grab a taro / ube bubble tea at this place. Sushi craving was satisfied.
BF0FC320-4D22-41C1-9652-48BF2B062848.jpeg

Sorry famb but I gotta disagree, I am a firm believer that Trini spots make much better roti.

Caribbean Place in Takoma Park used to be my got to spot when I was in the DMV. Most authentic Trini spot I encountered while I was in the area. From the reviews they seemed to have fallen off a bit, I have not eaten there in a couple years, but my boys in the area still say they legit.

Of course they do, it's like a specialty, but dudes act like no other place can make a good one or a trini spot can't be trash.

As a Jamaican I can tell you i've been to quite a few Jamaican spots that ended up being garbage.

Of course they do, it's like a specialty, but dudes act like no other place can make a good one.
I gotcha, I have had some decent Roti at Jamaican spots but I always recommend people go Trini because it greatly lowers their chance of eating a bad Roti. Even a sub-par Roti at a Trini spot will be decent. A sub-par Roti at a Jamaican spot will be a travesty.

And I know that has to do with so many idiots that can't cook in general but got some Jamaican relatives and visit their family in Kingston a couple times deciding to open a restaurant.

I remember when I moved to Upper Marlboro and went to this spot because of the reviews, family damn near disowned when i brought that food back. Awful stuff

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/just-jerk-lanham
There was a spot right next to UMD that used to put breadfruit in their roti.

I nearly called the authorities on them.

So many people get turned off West Indian food cause of these clown *** restaurants

As a Trini, I can say I've been to a few Jamaican spots with good roti but its different BK cuz there's a big *** hub of Caribbean ppl here so the island food just tends to be superior across the board.

Can i get that receipe my daughter loves soupita

I watched my mom so I don't have exact measurements nor cook times.

Ingredients
Squash/pumpkin
Carrot
ChoCho (Chayote)
Scallion
Bay leaf
Thyme
Small Yellow Onion
Season Salt
Better than bouillon Vegetable base

Step 1 (Boil the squash/pumpkin to give the soup it's color)
Boil up water. Once the water is boiling add cubed squash/pumpkin to the water. When the squash/pumpkin gets soft take it out of the pot. Smash squash/pumpkin. Add it back to the boiling water, you might have to add more water (Normally I have a second pot of boiling water so I can just add it to the soup pot). Stir the pot.

Step 2
Add chicken and cover the pot. Allow the chicken to cook (chicken back cooks real quick).

Step 3
After the chicken is cooked add the following:
Carrot
ChoCho (Chayote)
Scallion
Bay leaf
Thyme
Small Yellow Onion
Better than bouillon Vegetable base 1/2 teaspoon

Step 4
After the veggies are cook add seasonal salt to taste ( I read somewhere to add seasonal salt towards the end when making soup).

Step 5
Boil noodles in a separate pot. (In the past I use to add noodles to the soup and allow it to cook but noticed the noodles absorbed most of the juice when you refrigerate it)

Step 6
Portion out cooked soup to a bowl and then add cooked noodles.

Last edited:
Is there a car with a food holder or something to put food on to be able to eat in the car comfortably

Most likely the bank charge them so they are charging you. At least thats what someone told me.

That is correct

Still isn’t right for them to charge you more for using a card.. but gas stations been doing the same for decades

That is correct

Still isn’t right for them to charge you more for using a card.. but gas stations been doing the same for decades

Yeah, they’re the only pizzeria in the area I know of that does that. I noticed a lot of Asian businesses only accept cash to avoid the fee of credit card charges.

Yeah, they’re the only pizzeria in the area I know of that does that. I noticed a lot of Asian businesses only accept cash to avoid the fee of credit card charges.

"..to avoid the fee of credit card charges"... = to avoid taxes:wink:

I frequent a Singaporean joint and they offer a 10% discount if you pay cash.

Back
Top Bottom