FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican @ anyone else

If I have some skinless boneless thighs is it even worth smoking them? Or just grill them..Was gonna get it to like 500° and get a sear then move to indirect heat and add wood to smoke at around 300°
But is it even worth it with those small pieces or should I smoke bone in skin on?

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

I like the commitment to this lifestyle but ya gotta throw something on that rice.

And those pepperless baked potatoes?
judging.gif
its a cultural thing, as many like to say in here. Putting stuff on plain white rice is blasphemous. Now, if you want to mix some food with your rice, I'm good with that. But people who put soy sauce, butter, etc on their rice is weird to me. Defeats the purpose for me. Nothing tastes better than a tasty piece of meat followed by a scoop of plain rice. Its like drinking a tall glass of iced water when thirsty.

And I agree, I wish I had some pepper on the baked potatoes. But the garlic salt was hitting good enough. I'm usually OD pepper gang. I was also too lazy to walk back inside to grab pepper :rofl:

If I have some skinless boneless thighs is it even worth smoking them? Or just grill them..Was gonna get it to like 500° and get a sear then move to indirect heat and add wood to smoke at around 300°
But is it even worth it with those small pieces or should I smoke bone in skin on?
I wouldn't smoke any poultries that don't have skins. I think it is pointless but that is just my opinion

^^^ Yeah, I used to put Soy Sauce on rice, but stopped doing that a while ago. Now I just mix the rice with whatever else I’m eating it with.

I made bourbon chicken with skinless boneless thighs a few days ago.
Really good

Used this recipe

its a cultural thing, as many like to say in here. Putting stuff on plain white rice is blasphemous. Now, if you want to mix some food with your rice, I'm good with that. But people who put soy sauce, butter, etc on their rice is weird to me. Defeats the purpose for me. Nothing tastes better than a tasty piece of meat followed by a scoop of plain rice. Its like drinking a tall glass of iced water when thirsty.

And I agree, I wish I had some pepper on the baked potatoes. But the garlic salt was hitting good enough. I'm usually OD pepper gang. I was also too lazy to walk back inside to grab pepper :rofl:
Shouldn't the TYPE of white rice being eaten determine the rules one "should" follow?

Shouldn't the TYPE of white rice being eaten determine the rules one "should" follow?
As in the quality of the rice?

There are no rules, at the end of the day. Whatever you like is your own rule. But I'll still shake my head and laugh to myself when I see soy sauce be used on rice. It hurts to see. My youngest does it and a little part of me dies inside.

As in the quality of the rice?

There are no rules, at the end of the day. Whatever you like is your own rule. But I'll still shake my head and laugh to myself when I see soy sauce be used on rice. It hurts to see. My youngest does it and a little part of me dies inside.
I meant the type of rices.

Jasmine
Basmati
Short Grain

Etc.

I could see this "rule" being true for rices from the continent of Asia but we know they all aren't created equally.

I meant the type of rices.

Jasmine
Basmati
Short Grain

Etc.

I could see this "rule" being true for rices from the continent of Asia but we know they all aren't created equally.
Excellent points. I only eat sticky rice for the most part. I have jasmine rice as a reserve stash in case I run out. Hate it. Could see why someone would put some type of sauce on.

Back
Top Bottom