FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

good quality, local pizza shops
i think i could probably produce something better than a papa johns or dominoes

I've had expensive gourmet pizzas that tasted awful. I'm very picky about the ratio of crust to sauce to toppings. I hate those thick pizzas that taste like your eating appetizer bread at an Italian restaurant.

The crust I got was thin but kinda shaped like a bowl which worked perfectly for actually loading it generously with ingredients. Naan also works really well as pizza bread.

good quality, local pizza shops
i think i could probably produce something better than a papa johns or dominoes
What makes a pizza good quality? It’s flour, meat and dairy.

I don’t get why pizza making has this sort of reputation over any other food. It’s not overly difficult to make.

5104.jpeg

Home made pizzas for dinner

So, was this cooked or not?

What makes a pizza good quality? It’s flour, meat and dairy.

I don’t get why pizza making has this sort of reputation over any other food. It’s not overly difficult to make.

ingredients and how it was cooked

i agree that it's not inherently difficult. toppings, dairy, and sauce are easy
dough isn't necessarily easy until you have a recipe nailed down

but most home ovens are trash. they'll do ok but not what a pizza oven will

The difference with fast food chains is they get all their ingredients sourced from central locations to serve all their restaurants. Like dominos premakes their dough and even some of their ingredients come frozen. So it’s not actually fresh at all. Y’all are paying for store bought pizza made with industry pizza ovens. Not to mention the various preservatives large chains used to make for better logistics. I think it was reported that Taco Bell’s meat is like 80% beef or something like that. Not all chains are like fast food chains though. Some chains serve great food with fresh ingredients.
it's like a steak that you put in a freezer before cooking as opposed to one that goes straight to the grill. it makes a big difference

But not even from a taste perspective I would rather put money in the pockets of my community than the large corporations that don’t give a damn about it or their workers

Last edited:
I will say this, of all the foods ive picked up and delivered.... papa johns gotta be the worst.

Doesnt matter wtf the order is, that **** stinks something vicious and lingers in the car. Windows down anytime i go there, i dont give a damn your pie is hot or cold.

Out of the big 3, papa johns easily is the worst for me. Their crust is horrible.

Papa Johns was my choice of pizza before the incident.

Then Wholes Food - until they called the police on me about their racist employees and a white person in line.

Lil’ Caesar is horrible.

I haven't had Pizza Hut in years so feel like I can't really judge them. Definitely prefer Dominos to Papa, although the garlic sauce at Papas is appreciated.

I need some ideas for low carb/keto meals

help me out NT
Learn to appreciate eggs. Look into cauliflower rice. Almond or coconut flour are AP flour substitutes. Butter, ghee or coconut oil you’ll use plenty of. Eat plenty of vegetables. It’s difficult bit doable.

I loveeee eggs. That’s my go to for breakfast and mid day. I usually make em along with the jimmy dean breakfast sausage links/patties

veggies I have been rotating are Brussel sprouts, fresh string green beans and bok choy.

im just curious on what meals I should make.
Yday I made steak n cheese stuffed bell peppers. I think the texture would be better by using grounded beef rather than shaved ribeye

D1EFB6C2-0E95-44DF-A3F2-97D7F20089F9.jpeg

D30E9181-D17C-4376-9BB8-8A5657D7CFA6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom