FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So all this chicken talk prompted me to go try KFC. I have not had KFC in probably 10 years so I was curious to see how it currently tastes.

I headed to my nearest KFC and purchased the "two piece white"

20180712_153321.jpg

This consists of a breast, a wing, a choice of side, and a biscuit.

For the side I chose cole slaw because I remember theirs being very good and it was.
It was fresh, crisp, sweet, and I honestly wish I had gotten more.
20180712_153339.jpg

It also came with a biscuit.
Which was a very pleasant surprise. It was light and fluffy, but did not crumble like a chick fill a biscuit. It was a solid biscuit.
20180712_153358.jpg

Now the chicken. I ordered original recipe because that is what I know and remember. A breast and a wing and it looked like this.
20180712_153522.jpg

The chicken was absolutely delicious, it tasted like something a grandma would make, And is comparable to any authentic soul food spot in the south.
The combination of spices they use works extremely well.

20180712_153450.jpg

The chicken itself was moist and juicy. For reference it exceeds chick fil a by far.

By far.

I have yet to try the other types of fried chicken KFC has to offer, but their original recipe is absolutely delicious.

:pimp: Your post reminded me of this. jrp44 jrp44

Took me 10 seconds to find.

storm2006 storm2006
703 hwy 703 hwy
vood99 vood99
ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF
PRIME PRIME

Sorry the 6 piece wing dinner didn't survive long enough to be captured in a pic but I had to buy a bottle of mild sauce to take back to CO.

Snapchat-1785118936.jpg
Snapchat-517104296.jpg

Also the sign was funny because I'm pretty sure Mexicans run this particular location in Hyde Park... about to head to Portilios for lunch and probably somewhere in China Town for dinner.

Sorry the 6 piece wing dinner didn't survive long enough to be captured in a pic but I had to buy a bottle of mild sauce to take back to CO.

Snapchat-1785118936.jpg
Snapchat-517104296.jpg

Also the sign was funny because I'm pretty sure Mexicans run this particular location in Hyde Park... about to head to Portilios for lunch and probably somewhere in China Town for dinner.
Portillos :emoji_fire:
Harold's >>> Browns Chicken

Back
Top Bottom