FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford inspired

Margherita
Sausage, pepperoni, red onion calzone.

20200802_140549.jpg
20200802_140635.jpg
20200802_140753.jpg

Confession time.

I've never had a Margherita pizza before.

I kept seeing it here like "what's the big deal?"

"Its just a cheese pizza."

NO SIR THIS IS NOT!

I was like "brick oven, smick oven"

"I'll take it off the roller!"

"Yall eatin pizza with no meat (pause)"

Nah man, this **** got fu flavor.

I'm grading on a curve but this might be the best pizza I've ever had.

I'm not picking this up no more.

This is getting eatin on the spot!

Fresh out DA BRICK!

Confession time.

NO SIR THIS IS NOT!

Fresh out DA BRICK!
Now imagine what it would taste like if it was actually cooked.

Confession time.

NO SIR THIS IS NOT!

Fresh out DA BRICK!
Damn, imagine if you had a good margherita.

Maybe we could all pitch in for a goldbelly order or something. There’s gotta be some good pizza spots on there, not sure how it would ship/reheat though. but I’ve sent cheesesteaks to people before and they were not bad, allegedly. Either way it’d have to be better than whatever that thing posted was.

edit:

I'm 33 years old and was born in Houston, but the first pie of pizza I had in NY at age 6 still sticks out as a defining moment when it comes to how I treat food. That was the first food I'd had that made me realize food could be a treat, rather than just sustenance. My mind was blown by the difference in quality compared to what we had in Texas, and I'm fortunate enough to still have the opportunity to revisit that spot to this day:

36d7b5308990daaa1f7433d0cab230b4.jpg

Maybe we could all pitch in for a goldbelly order or something. There’s gotta be some good pizza spots on there, not sure how it would ship/reheat though. but I’ve sent cheesesteaks to people before and they were not bad, allegedly. Either way it’d have to be better than whatever that thing posted was.

edit:
Di Fara not gonna hit the same without the olive oil drizzle from the kettle.

edit:

I did a Goldbelly DiFara order in April and the earliest delivery I could get was June. I have been to DiFara a half dozen times and their square pie is probably my favorite anywhere.

I got one round pie and one square pie. The square pie was better than the circle pie. I think the thicker crust lends itself better to being cooked in a residential oven. Round pie was also much smaller than in store, but the square was the same size. You do not get to pick toppings. Definitely have to do the olive oil drizzle and even though they’ll ship you some basil, make sure you have your own ready to go. It’s not as good as fresh, but was better than reheated day old DiFara.

Back
Top Bottom